Posts created by MLC60

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 7:43 AM
I very seldom post to the forum, but I do read them, especially when deciding whether to purchase a game. The star system is helpful, but it doesn't really tell you all you need to know. The CE's these days have so much less to them than when I first joined the pond that if BFG takes away the forums, I really don't see much point in continuing my membership.

posted in Legends of India on Feb 12, 18 7:59 AM
When I purchased this game, I had to start over from the beginning, which wouldn't have been such a problem, except the old screen is on top of the new screen. Not only do you get double characters, it leaves blank spaces where they shouldn't be, so it's impossible to finish the level.

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 23, 17 6:57 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The best part was the snowman dancing during the credits. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

posted in Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition on May 7, 16 4:49 PM
Angelfish, I'm sorry about your mother. I lost mine almost 25 years ago, and I still miss her terribly. All the Mother's Day hoopla also brings me to tears, as does the Father's Day ads that will come next month. May God bless, MLC50.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 21, 16 6:15 PM
Level 29 - Master level is giving me fits. I have spent lots of money buying coins so I could buy helps, but I cannot beat this level. It's the only one I need to have all of the master levels done so I can get a stamp in my passport. Can anyone help?

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 16 6:10 AM
[Removed by Moderator] just the same-old same old. You have to have the magic doohickey to see the invisible, dangerous thingamabobs and try to escape, but you end up in prison anyway. And, of course, there's an old nanny there to help our little princess. Give me a break! But try it for yourself. You might like that sort of thing.

posted in Grim Tales: The Heir Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 16 9:30 AM
SPOILER ALERT:
I made it almost all the way through the demo, but I had to delete it. It is just too dumb for my taste. I am not a fan of this series in the first place. I don't have any children, but it seems to me that if you don't want your child to do something (in this case, read certain books), you have it in your power to do something about it, such as put said books under lock and key or destroy them or remove them from your house, if you are really, really concerned about your child.

I have clicked every single spot on the stupid stamp in the hutch in the bonus game and still can't get it to move. I am running on Windows 8 and have had few problems up to this point. I am most frustrated with this game!

I agree with kandisky. Ponce de Leon was the one searching for the Fountain of Youth. It seems these developers not only flunked literature, they also flunked history. I used to buy a CE and sit for hours until I had finished the whole game. I have been working on this one several days and am only to the second city. It is not only boring, the historical inaccuracy makes it very difficult for me to finish.

posted in Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 15 5:26 PM
I wondered the same thing. I feel cheated.

posted in Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 15 9:37 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Unless I'm confused, which is possible since I read it over 40 years ago, the plot of the original novel was that the villain had bricked up the victim behind a wall, and he kept hearing the victim's heartbeat, thus the title tell-tale heart. This plot sounds nothing like what I remember reading.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 13, 15 5:56 PM
There is a special place in Hell for whoever came up with level 3 on Paris 85! I was almost through the board when that nasty little tornado wiped out my move! Oh, how I hate that thing!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 26, 15 9:46 AM
I've tried and tried to beat this level and can only get one souvenir. Most of the time, it blows up without even that. Please help and tell me how to get past this level. Many thanks.

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 15 2:57 PM
Does anyone know where to get the code for the sheriff's office in the bonus game? All the SG says is take the note with the code on it and open the door. Either I'm missing something or they left something out.

posted in Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident on Oct 19, 15 3:46 PM
I don't know if this is a tech issue, but I have tried several times to get that dumb safe open and can't get it to cooperate. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

posted in Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident on Oct 19, 15 12:21 PM
I think it has to do with the arm movements of the music box drum majorette at the gas station when you put the winding key in, but I wasn't quick enough to see what she did, and the picture they have in the notebook doesn't help me any. If you figure it out, please post it on here. Thanks.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 9, 15 9:06 AM
How do you use the oasis?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Sep 26, 15 10:54 AM
Shades of Ernie Kovacks! What a band that would be. All you need is someone with drumsticks to hit you on the head and some ape masks!

posted in Kronville: Stolen Dreams on Sep 14, 15 10:40 AM
Try the one on her desk, not the one in the astronomy lab.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator