Posts created by Silvia543

posted in Build-a-lot World on Oct 29, 17 3:04 PM
3 houses painted and landscaped gives +30,
a power plant subtracted -25 gives in total +5.
Just make sure the power plant isn't next to a house and demolish everything else.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Sep 10, 17 8:33 AM
You cannot "play" for Sawmill and Stuff, either you build one in every level, or you have to buy a partnership from the manufacturer.
If you did buy such a partnership and your game doesn't remember that, I would guess the cookie or whatever else the game uses to store your purchases isn't there anymore.
For that you can click "Options", the little wheel top right of the window and click "Restore Purchases", put in your e mail address and you should have them back.

Other than that, the game saves absolutely everything in the (hidden) folder

c:/Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/HipSoft/BuildalotWorld

If for whatever reason this folder or its content got deleted, your achievements in the game are gone.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Mar 9, 17 12:35 PM
The trick is, not to upgrade any house.
I assume you know how to get some money, by selling houses, building a bank, accumulate interest to buy the houses back.

Build 2 Moderns, with one field in between.
Build the Garden Center on this field between the Moderns.
Paint and landscape the moderns, but do NOT upgrade them or else you will exceed the 25.000 rent before you make the world goal.
Build 10 Bungalows and landscape them but do NOT upgrade them.
Then demolish the Garden Center and build a Public Pool instead.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 17, 16 5:03 AM
No, I don't mean v1.0 and v1.2.

Apparently there are two different version 1.2 of the game, both with 128 levels and with two differences.
1) The game downloadable through BigFish
2) The game downloadable through HipSoft

The differences are:

1) The HipSoft version allows for infinite level play after time runs out in every single level, the button popping up after the end of time says "Continue", giving you all the time in the world to complete the world goal and find the gnome.
In the BigFish version the button popping up after the end of time says "End level" and doesn't allow you to play on (except you pay $0.99 though)

2) Level 44 (as mentioned elsewhere in this forum already)
The Hipsoft version requires a refinery, 100 appeal and 2 tree lots, while the BigFish version requires a refinery, 100 appeal and 5 tree lots, making the world goal impossible to achieve in the BigFish version.

If you ask me, both versions have advantages.
From a competitive poit of view I like the BigFish version better, because it's harder in some levels, but it's all doable without paying anything for it.
Except of level 44 though, but that can't even be done no matter how much you would want to pay.
From a fun point of view unlimited time allows for fancy building.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 17, 16 2:15 AM
Build a workshop on a zoned lot.
While it builds sell the modern.
Give the workers efficiency training.
Build a sawmill in the upper part.
While it builds hire 3 more workers.
Buy the a-frame in the upper part by double offer and destruct it.
Buy 5000 material.
Build a hotel where the a-frame was.
Build a garden center on a zoned lot.
Paint and landscape the hotel, then sell it.
While you wait for an offer, destruct the garden center.
Buy 5000 more material.
Buy the a-frame on the last zoned lot by double offer and destruct it.
Build a tech center on that zoned lot.
Buy 2 of the cheaper houses in the upper part (if none comes on sale you need a little bit of luck, so the lodge is in one of those spots, or else you don't have enough money for two double offers), 2 fields or more apart from one another and still apart from the sawmill, so a tennis court will upgrade houses left and right.
Destruct these two houses and build 2 tennis courts there.
Build a solar tower on the last zoned lot
Destruct the sawmill, build another tennis court.

If still not enough, i.e. if one of the tennis courts doesn't have houses on both sides, destruct the workshop and build another tennis court.
Alternatively, depending what houses come on sale, you can paint and landscape another house in between.

Takes me less than 3/4 the time available for 3 stars.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 13, 16 10:27 AM
No glitch.
The gnome shows up after you complete one specific goal of the game.
Only if that's by chance the goal you complete last, then the gnome shows up afterwards.
You simply have to complete this specific goal before at least one of the other goals.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 6, 16 5:33 PM
Build the sawmill on a zoned lot.
While it builds, sell the only bungalow you have from start.
Buy 2500 material, build a ranch.
Sell the ranch and build a workshop in a spot where you don't need a house next to it later on.

From here it's easy, just depends what the random of the game puts on sale, so you may have to change the order of the following.

Hire 5 more workers.
Buy 6 pieces of either empty lots or bungalows, if none are on sale, buy 2 or 3 empty fields by double offer.
Build another ranch and sell it while you build more.
Buy 2500 more material.
Build until you have at least 4 ranches and 1 bungalow.
Paint them all.
If you have only 4 ranches, upgrade two ranches with 1 star.
If the workshop is not on a zoned lot, either buy and paint another bungalow or demolish the workshop.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 6, 16 4:54 PM
Yes.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 6, 16 4:52 PM
Not sure what you're talking about.
An A-frame fully upgraded with everything pays $2,750 rent.
6 times 2,750 = 16,500

You must have missed an upgrade somewhere.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 6, 16 4:42 PM
I've downloaded the game from the website of Hipsoft a week ago.
There you need only 2 tree lots in this level.

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 6, 16 2:52 PM
Two banks might pay less interest than one, in case one hasn't been upgrated to financial advisor.
Two equal banks simply alternate paying 1/2 the interest each, so if you rather have twice as often 1/2 the money every time, that's the only advantage two banks will give you.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator