Posts created by orijojo

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Nov 6, 11 4:00 PM
Absolutely brilliant, can't wait for the next installment.

Congrats Charlaine Harris, IPlay, Nikotiva and BFG, this game is exceptional, cannot find fault with any of it, one out of the box:

jojo

posted in The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet on Oct 11, 11 6:16 PM
Hear, Hear scarlet_11dy6

Absolutely loved your comments, you have a wonderful "turn of phrase". I wasn't going to try this game on the initial reviews, then luckily I found yours, now I can't wait.

Even if the game turns out to be lousy, I'm sure I will enjoy it just following your appraisal of the history, era and decor of the time.

Well Done!

jojo

posted in Dracula: Love Kills on Aug 18, 11 3:44 AM
Wow! This is an amazing game. Perfect mix between H0G and Adventure.

I played in advanced mode and it took me 12 hours, I'm sure thats very slow, but I read every word and listened to every dialogue.

I agree with teamsd, I give it and A in all categories.

I enjoy most of the games I buy, but have not enjoyed a game as much as this since "Hounds of the Baskervilles" also a Frogwares game.

This game is truly amazing. 5 to Frogwares.

jojo

posted in Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight on Jul 26, 11 12:14 AM
This turned out to be a very enjoyable game, I bought it during the 4th of Jul sale, and only just played it.

It was both interesting and challenging and provided me with about 4.5 hours of great play time.

Made by the same developers (Skunk) who gave us the Flux Family series, both of which I also enjoyed and found challenging.

I am now going to look for other games provided by this developer.

jojo

I seriously considered buying this game after I watched the video, which was fabulous, fortunately I thought it would be prudent to read the reviews and comments first. Thank goodness I did .

I haven't trialed it and will now wait and trial the S/E.

Thanks Guys .

jojo

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Jul 21, 11 9:20 PM
DeadRiver wrote

THE GOOD: The sountrack was brilliant. It was eerie and creepy and uplifting at the same time. I would buy it as a CD. The Hidden Object games were moderate to moderately hard and were consistent with the storyline. No junkpiles. The minigames were easy and moderately easy. The graphics were clear and colorful, sometimes muted. The story line was one of those where only the main character doesn't know that he has become something otherworldly.

THE BAD: This game was really hard to navigate without clues. Some people might be put off by that but I thought it was really challenging.

THE UGLY: Nothing

THE VERDICT: This one's a keeper

I'm with you 100% Deadriver, I just finished this game after downloading and purchasing the "non-Sparkles" version and boy-o-boy what a great game!

And yes it was difficult if you didn't read the manual, or didn't use the photographs (which I tried not to do because I like to find my own way), but the hint system was very good, and guided you where you need to go next.

Well done [removed by moderator]

5 out of 5 IMO.

Loved the challenge, thanks BFG

jojo

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Jul 20, 11 12:32 AM
This game was released in 2010 and gets very good reviews elsewhere A-.

So I guess if you are a Nancy Drew fan, you will buy this game sight unseen. I am and I will. Just need to find the appropriate Walkthrough first.

I hope I’m not bridging protocol but I copied the sentence below from one of the reviews I read.

What makes this game such a treat, and what shines through its execution, is that it is the product of impeccable planning and plotting.

In addition the reviewer states this game is more like the original Nancy Drew games which made the genre so popular.

Happy gaming everyone.

jojo

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Jul 19, 11 9:10 AM
This game was updated on the 16th July as per the mods post below:

We have a new version of Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock available now. This new version of the game fixes in-game crash that caused Access Violations and corrupt profiles. It also adds two difficulty modes

I down loaded the game again, and finished the trial in advanced mode, and there are no sparkles at all .

IMO it's worth another try. I am buying it.

jojo

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Jul 17, 11 11:26 PM
I really loved this game, it was a great challenge, which I would never have managed without the help of the MaGtRo Walkthrough. Which I found at the website below for anyone who is interested.

(http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/SHPersianCarpet.htm)

I had just finished the game and I played all over again, I enjoyed it so much, but this time without the Walkthrough.

A great game and a great challenge.

I also have Hound of the Baskervilles C/E, which I also enjoyed very much, it was more like the H0G games I usually play, and is also developed by Frogwares, the difference between the two games is remarkable, but both extremely enjoyable.

Think I might try all the Sherlock Holmes games at BFG now.

jojo

posted in Dracula: Love Kills on Jul 15, 11 9:05 PM
Loooooooooooooooove BF.

Without doubt BFG is the best games site “on the net“ (which probably translates to “in the world”).

Boycott!!!!!!! What a load of nonsense, that would be “cutting off your nose to spite your face” (old saying my mother uses, I guess it translates to something like “shooting yourself in the foot”).

Until I discovered BFG in September 2010, I had only bought games from the site recommended by my laptop supplier. I had no idea there was such a world as . Having discovered BFG, I never returned to the other game site and resigned my mandatory 12 month membership as soon as my time was up.

I currently receive promotion emails from 3 other game sites as I’m sure most of you do, and not one of them is a patch on BFG.

One site has offered the same top 10 games for the last 3 months. H0 Hum !

The other two sites, although a little more up to date with their games are difficult to navigate, do not provide any pricing either in their emails or on the site itself. I guess you have to download the game to find out what you are going to pay for it, so why bother when you can find 98% of games advertised on other sites at BFG anyway, and you know exactly what you are going to pay for them, and as for the other 2% not available at BFG, wait a few weeks and they will probably turn up.

And Hey! Where can you buy games for $2.99. I have bought some of the most amazing games for $2.99, including Siberia, Drawn the Painted Tower, Dire Grove, Puppetshow Souls of Innocents, Flux Family - The Rabbit Hole, and many, many others.

If you don’t want to pay $13.99 for a C/E, wait a month and buy it for $6.99 or use a game credit, wait 3 months and you may be able to buy it for $2.99, but don’t “look a gift house in the mouth” (mum again), and please, please don’t talk boycott.

I could be wrong but I have never seen ‘Game Credits’ offered at any of those other game sites, and the site I originally belonged to, even though the cost of a game was also $6.99, there was never an offer of a Game Credit, a game for $2.99 or 2, 3 and 4 days sale options to purchase as many games as you like for $4.99. I become delirious during those sale times.

And Hey, Hey! Where else can you watch a video of the game you are interested in buying?

Well, now I’m off to buy Dracula - Love Kills (game credit) and F.A.C.E.S. C/E and enjoy the rest of the day.

Happy gaming everyone!

jojo

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy on Jul 13, 11 9:24 PM
I enjoyed this game so much I purchased the first one (The New Western Rush) as soon as I finished this one, and though no quite as good, I enjoyed that one too.

Static H0G games (no walking from scene to scene) are not the type of game I normally enjoy, so although each scene was separate, I really liked the challenge of getting trophies and winning points for all the different activities in the game.

I'm not sure the storyline held together too well, but the game was so involving the story stopped being important.

There was so much extra game play, one has to wonder how the Collectors Edition of this game was bundled.

I can't imagine what more they could put into this game to make it a C/E. It already has an extra chapter and unlimited game play of all scenes once you've finished the game and accomplished some specific challenges.

For me this game lasted about 7 hours.

Well done Diveai Games

Thanks BFG

jojo

posted in Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose on Jul 13, 11 8:56 PM
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

This game has everything I like in an adventure H0G:'

Good Story
Great Graphics
Plenty of walking back and forward between scenes
Good puzzles

I played in advanced mode and was sufficiently challenged to find the game really enjoyable. It probably took me about 5 hours to complete.

I enjoyed the first game in the series "the Spell", but it was not a patch on this one.

Well done Vendel Games, love that snoring cat.

jojo

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Jul 9, 11 7:59 AM
The game appears to be very interesting, but it’s not a patch on the first one “Pandora’s Box“, which was a little gem.

I played the full demo and tried to ignore the sparkles and explosions, and just as I was thinking that they had eased off a bit my trial time ran out, so I'm not really sure.

I’m in agreement with most of the comments on this game, “Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Tooooooooooooo much hand holding“.

Maybe the dev’s will read our comments and re-release this game with an ‘Advanced Mode’ option “sans sparkles“. It’s very unlikely I will buy this game as it is.

jojo

posted in Hide and Secret: The Lost World on Jun 21, 11 10:28 PM
Wow! I really enjoyed this game, it has everything.

Journal, map, great hint system, extremely good storyline, plenty of puzzles to solve (not too hard, but not easy), not too many but rather good H0G’s and it’s a long and involved game.

Loved it, loved it loved it!!!!!

to Anarchy Entertainment

to

Off to trial Hide and Secret 3: pharaohs Quest

jojo

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 11 8:51 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
The arrow didn't hit the crucifix, it somehow slid it down a rope and out of the way.

No crosses were harmed in the making of this game

Also ROFL!!!!

Haven't DL'd yet just wanted to get an idea what other fishies thought of the game.

Loved Dracula Origin, judging by the comments this is different but definately worth a try, was also suprised by the lack of comment until I read there is another thread, which I'm off to find now.

jojo

Hi there to you DragonLadyOz,

Yes, I’m in a bit of a pickle at the moment, I’m sure I’m going to want this game but can’t DL twice.

Normally I have no limit on my broadband, but I’m holidaying with friends at the moment and had to buy a “prepaid stick” just so I could keep in touch with BFG, the stick came with 2 gig DL but 1.5 of that is already gone.

So this may be another one I buy blind, hope it’s not another Book of Water experience. Ugg!!!!

So I'm relying very heavily on the forum this time, don't let me down guys

jojo

Thanks gingergal,

Your comments made it sound like a game I would really enjoy IH0G/Adventure, light on the H0G and heavy on the adventure.

I'm off to play the first one again to remind myself what it is all about and wait for a few more reviews.

I only have 500mg download capacity left on my broadband at the moment, so I can't dl both the trial and the game, so must do my research first. H0 Hum

jojo

ETA: and collecting things, luuuurve collecting things

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris on Jun 2, 11 12:31 AM
I enjoyed this game very much, it is clever without being too difficult. I loved the way the map worked as a guide to the game, and the graphics are lovely, without being over the top.

I also enjoyed three of the previous Hidden Mysteries games, Vampire Secrets, Salem Secrets and Buckingham although I think this is by far the best.

Well done
and Gamemill/Gunnar Games
jojo

I'm waiting for you goofyduck, I played the first one and enjoyed it but it was not a game to write home about, the C/E would have to be considerably better to entice me to pay $13.99.

jojo

This is a truly amazing game, every tiny little thing about it is engrossing and exciting, I’d be happy if all games had little extra sidelines like finding clovers and crows, it helps to add to the involvement. I just finished playing Robin’s Quest A legend is Born, throughout which you were looking for wanted posters and money caches, also a good game, but not in the same league as this one.

Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials was also an amazing game, but I wasn’t to fussed about the Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy, so when I realised this was the next in the series, I was a little nervous, was it going to be as good as Salem Witch or just another game like Edgar Allan Poe.

Well IMHO, this is the best one of all.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Thank you , thank you Mumbo Jumbo

jojo

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator