Posts created by jobynana

Well, I'm so glad I came here first. After the debacle of Book of Air and all the comments that it too was far too short, not very interesting etc etc and the bonus amounting to practically nothing, I thought 'let me just check what's being said in the forum'. I had hoped the developer had taken all this on board. My guess is this was already quite far down the development line when Book of Air was released so nothing is really going to change with this 'Book of (elements)' series'. I don't think I'll even bother with the demo this time. So sad as I bet the graphics are good, but so far removed from the involved enjoyment and game length of the original 3. Oh well, thanks for saving my money!

OOOKKKK, I've not read all the comments here, but I looked through the last few pages, thinking, that will be where more people have completed the whole game by now.

I completed the sample in less than an hour and thought I would like this very much. So, I waited until 1 April, but downloaded and played Empress of the Deep 1 (SE), 1st. Thoroughly enjoyed that and thought well, if that was the standard, then the rest of #2 CE must be really good!

When I saw there were no wallpapers etc, I didn't mind too much as they aren't my thing and I try not to use the SG anyway. However I went for it based on how much better I expected it to be than #1.

I too found some of the H0 scenes a little unclear, however, I enjoyed the game very much, even if it was a little bit too much hand holding, mainly because I am a bit of a sucker for marine themed games and marine animals......

But, I agree with all those who said, they felt disappointed. This being twice the price for what really amounts to a pretty poor 'extra play'. As for the ZEM game, I don't mind the odd Match-3, but this one, whilst different, was very limited. I had imagined being able to play a match 3 with locks and blocks etc and not against a timer - I didn't stop around to check if I could turn off the timer. So, whilst I enjoyed the game , in comparison to the SE #1, I was pretty disappointed in what I got for double the price!

I agree with whoever said (sorry I don't remember who ), this seemed to be the same kind of disappointment as experienced with DC Book of Air CE! Although I would add, I found the DC4 main game far too short and much more disappointing.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 19, 11 8:16 AM
I found that if you also add a few bees to the mix , you can pick out your children and leave rascal stewing in the water!

I found it lasted until you tab out of the game for some time or exit the game.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 19, 11 8:06 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
1_odd_1 wrote:i stung him with bees, then when he ran into the river to get away from them i hit him with lightning. mwaaaahhhh hawwww hawwwww. he got stuck in the river for about 4 hours and could not come out until i shut the game down and restarted it. i'm sure it was just a glitch (like one of my believers getting a purple mask heathen pregnant ) but i thoroughly enjoyed seeing him up to his neck in the water not being able to go anywhere.

ROTFLMFOPIMP ...

I did that too and took great satisfaction doing it .

The game was much more enjoyable to play while he was out of the way .

Oh that was my one too...lured him with the butterflies, stung him with the bees, got him stuck in the water. Didn't care if he went all pruny; he was getting right up my nose! It became my regular little routine. All I need to do now is find out who his parents are - they will be 1st to attend parenting classes!

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Jan 19, 11 9:54 AM
Don't blame you one iota Brib...have Pm'd you

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Jan 19, 11 6:01 AM
Hi brib, I think it's only checking to ensure you have the minimum Direct X required - which you probably already do. The spec req says 9.1 required but I knew mine was higher so when it asked me to accept the DL, it then came back and said it didn't need to do anything.

I know what you mean though, when it is something other than DX, it should be mentioned in the spec req but isn't always. It happened with another game a while back and I thought, "Well I'd liked to have known that it was going to do that too!" Especially as I'd not heard of whatever it was! Hope this helps.

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 1:27 PM
MrLipid wrote:BFG lists these as the specs:

CPU: 600 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB
DirectX: 6.0
Hard Drive: 514 MB

Namco lists these:

CPU: 1.3GHz
RAM: 512 MB
DirectX: 9
Hard Drive Space: 200 MB
Video Memory: 128 MB

Thank you for this Mr Lipid, I really did wonder if the 128mb RAM and 600Mhz CPU was.....well, not quite right!

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 11:27 AM
Cyndo123 wrote:Hi Lady Cav ................SPOILER ALERT...............

If I remember right..

The 2 Egyptian statues need gems put in there crowns. One is blue the other red. Thats what triggers the puzzle...

Gl

Excuse me for going way off topic here but.....Hello Cyndo!

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 11:23 AM
Spoiler Alert.......

Highlight to read

It is right in front of the urn/furnace blocking the entrance to the fire entrance - where there are 2 serpents and the entrance is blocked.

I didn't realise it was there for a while; it's not that clear and not where I expected to find it - I thought I might have to grow some!

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 10:34 AM
MarpleLover wrote:I have 3 GiG of RAM memory and had never had a problem running a BF game so it might be a VERY important factor not mentioned in the game description. Of if it is many people are not checking this requirement.

I too don't normally have this kind of problem.

Given the reports of slow loading, and I agree that this is happening throughout the game, I was very surprised to see that the published system req for RAM is 128mb!

Many games are now 512mb or more and this one is taking up a lot of my RAM even though I too have 3gb of it. Game not loaded, I am on around 39% RAM, game loaded this whizzes up to around 89%!

Maybe it is a mistake as running it on my PC, it still loads very slowly (although I am managing to get through it - with patience ) so not much fun for anyone who is trying to run it with less!

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 8:24 AM
I've now posted this issue in the technical Issues Thread

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 8:22 AM
I am posting a link here to a thread I started regarding missing inventory items.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/138249.page#2673317

It seems the game is a little glitchy when it comes to the inventory, especially if tabbing out of the game and causing it to pause.

I found this was corrected by reloading the game but when I tabbed back out to post an update and then resumed the game without having done anything , certain items had disappeared again.

A quit and reload seems to correct this, but just thought I'd let people know if they come across the same problem.

.....Now to go and use that metal ring before it disappears again!

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 8:07 AM
LOL Ok I have reloaded the game and the ring has reappeared. Am leaving my OP here in case someone else has the same problem so that they know that Quitting and reloading will hopefully bring it back!

In fact, these weren't the only things that had disappeared now I have the whole lot back!

ETA, thanks staril, you were posting as I was writing. Yes thanks, it was one of the 1st things I looked at but, as I had been left with only about 4 items there were no scroll arrows at that point. However, all has come back after a reload of the game.

ETA 2. OK, something glitchy with this game - maybe it doesn't like me tabbing to post! Please be aware that the inventory is a little whacky as I've lost some stuff again, simply by the game being paused. No, I am not having a senile day, the ring has disappeared again so I am doing another reload and am combining it as soon as I get back in!

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 7:58 AM
Possible Spoilers in my this post...

....I know it was in there and I need it to combine with the metal sphere to get any further but it has gone?

I've done the pyramid capstone and obtained the sceptre but cannot complete the symbols at the river in order to get the glowing star (I have done the moon).

I've been back to where I found it, just in case, but it's not there and I don't have a full inventory so it's not a case of using the arrows to scroll through the inventory as there are no arrows.

ETA I did a search on metal ring in this forum before posting but it had nothing, so hope I've not missed this 'issue' being posted elsewhere.

Has anyone else had this problem or have I missed something?

posted in The Curse of the Ring on Jan 2, 11 11:33 AM
Originally posted in another tech issues thread which I mistook for the official one!

I am enjoying this game but, I too am finding the game freezes a little frustrating as it delays your clicks and also refreshing the 'inventory bar' of things you need to find/have found. I did a driver and PC check yesterday for another reason and that's all OK.

Not sure if this game is more memory hungry than expected but my PCs spec far exceeds the one given for this game and I don't normally have a game sticking like this. It seems to take quite a while to load between scenes too. All this sure ate up my 1 hour demo time Off to check the walkthrough to make sure it is of reasonable length before I buy. If it is, I will persevere as I am quite liking the game and doubt if a ticket at this time will bear any fruit until midweek, when I won't have time to play anyway!

ETA, At least I can play this game in Widescreen without having to change my PC settings!

posted in The Curse of the Ring on Jan 2, 11 6:31 AM
I am enjoying this game but, I too am finding the game freezes a little frustrating as it delays your clicks and also refreshing the 'inventory bar' of things you need to find/have found. I did a driver and PC check yesterday for another reason and that's all OK.

Not sure if this game is more memory hungry than expected but my PCs spec far exceeds the one given for this game and I don't normally have a game sticking like this. It seems to take quite a while to load between scenes too. All this sure ate up my 1 hour demo time Off to check the walkthrough to make sure it is of reasonable length before I buy. If it is, I will persevere as I am quite liking the game and doubt if a ticket at this time will bear any fruit until midweek, when I won't have time to play anyway!

ETA, At least I can play this game in Widescreen without having to change my PC settings!

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Dec 31, 10 8:33 AM
Spolier Alert

The clippers are only used to cut the flowers in the park near the sundial (they look like daisies and are used to give a bunch of flowers).

As for the dandelions, they are at the back of the clock tower (via the train) and only require you to click on them to pick them.

I've not gone into further detail as I didn't' want to spoil it for you

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Dec 31, 10 7:53 AM
No problems with the download or running - although again, I would really wish this game offered Wide screen without me having to change my overall screen settings!

However, I think I may have found a glitch in a museum puzzle. It is the carving which is a mosaic slide type. I've put all the missing pieces in and the puzzle starts (with instructions and the skip generation), however, if one doesn't click precisely on the arrows when they highlight - (and they are very small indeed), you are taken back out of the puzzle and when you go back in, it has reset. At 1st I thought it was because the pocket watch was buzzing and wanted me to find the diamond gear in the area, so I did that, but still having the same problem. If I wasn't supposed to do that game at this point, then it shouldn't allow me to, so assume it is a glitch. Very very annoying, am about to copy this into an email and submit a ticket for it.

ETA, although must say, I was very much enjoying the game!

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 26, 10 10:42 AM
A great game to dip into over the holiday period. I've not quiet finished but, IMO, the length is extremely worth a credit. I actually like that it was more puzzle based than H0G, with the puzzles not been so hard they were frustrating, but mostly enough to keep my Christmas addled brain pleasantly exercised.

I experienced no glitches or running problems whatsoever (well so far, but I am close to the end now).

I would say that for an SE, this is well worth the price and the right sort of entertainment to fill in when wanting to escape from the Holiday frazzles for a while!

obrn77 wrote:well, hello jobynana (by the way, I'm a nana to..lol) but now I'm at the swamp doin' the cannons , and AGAIN I'm stumped....will this ever end? Really wanting to start over, but really want to finish this thing....

If you check out this thread, there is some very useful information about the cannons Don't give up....you are getting there

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/128425.page

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator