Posts created by Neko6

posted in Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium on Apr 16, 18 2:00 AM
If you want to keep track of the lineage of a fish you have bred, then as soon as that fish reaches maturity, click on it and then go to Species to see the lineage and record it elsewhere. I keep a Pages doc with the list of fish I've discovered and what combination produced it. Otherwise, there is no way to know how you got a certain fish after you sell it.

posted in Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium on Apr 16, 18 1:57 AM
It takes about 25 minutes for a pregnant fish to give birth. It then takes quite a few hours for the babies to grow to adulthood. I have never kept track of the exact time but it seems like a half hour equals a game year and it takes 20 game years for a fish to mature to adulthood.

posted in Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium on Apr 16, 18 1:52 AM
Holy sea cow, I wish I'd known about the pause button. Lost so many fish overnight.

If you do not have Environment Level 4 and the upgrades to keep the rare fish alive, then my advice is when you see that you have rare fry from breeding attempts, instagrow them to adult hood to get them into your species index and then sell them right away for enough to cover the cost of the instagrow formula. Meanwhile, also focus on breeding and selling Magic Fish of Nutrition to make enough money to buy the needed upgrades. You may need to try a few batches of common eggs to get another Magic Fish of Nutrition to start breeding with.

posted in Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium on Apr 16, 18 1:47 AM
Lemster, click on any adult fish. Then click on Species down at the bottom of the screen. Right in between the two parents that create the fish, there's an option to change the default number with up/down arrow buttons. Hope this helps!

posted in Bingo Battle: Conquest of Seven Kingdoms on Sep 1, 17 2:22 AM
I'm playing the demo and so far, it freezes up any time I try to play the first side quest and I have to force quit. Has done that twice, each time on the first side quest. I played about 40 minutes worth of the main quest with no problems. I'm playing the Mac version. Really am enjoying this game but won't buy unless the freezing issue is fixed. Hope this info helps.

I'm not sure I understand. I'm pretty sure I bought this game and yet it's free to play? Right now, it's telling me to buy unlimited time in the store but where is the store? I'm really enjoying the gameplay but there are a few things I don't get.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Sep 13, 12 10:11 PM
I followed mckee's strategy except after obtaining the food and wood from the upper left corner, I built a sawmill on the lot at the lower right and produced 2000 wood ASAP. Destroyed that, paid the bandit, built the market and got 1000 food so I could build the first dovecote. Another 1000 food to build the second dovecot above that and then just kept buying food in 1000 increments as I bought doves. It was close, though.

posted in Youda Jewel Shop on Jun 29, 12 5:48 AM
A fun game, crazy addictive but ridiculously hard on some levels, easy on others. Controls are a bit clunky and I'm not overly fond of the left button hold function. I liked the style of the game and it was nice to see a good TM game that wasn't food-related for once.

I experienced this glitch with the Mac version of the game. After starting the location over 3 times, I discovered if I switched to the day and completed a hidden object scene at the gypsy wagon and then switched back to night, I could then move the coal shovel on the left and proceed with the level. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.

posted in Fish Tycoon on May 5, 11 12:21 AM
Why is the health of my fish declining, even the fish I was supplied with at the beginning of the game? What can I do to bring the health back up?

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Apr 24, 11 7:26 AM
Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks that voice is annoying. So patronizing, even if you accidentally click on something when you're trying to kill a bat specter: "You don't have enough wood!" as if you're an idiot.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Apr 24, 11 7:23 AM
Finally made it! Thank you for the tips, JVC0119. Didn't break developer's record but I'm just happy I finally made it past this level.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Apr 23, 11 8:02 AM
This level is like SF Giants baseball - Torture! Always soooooo close! Someone tell me, is it better to use the extra resources bonus a lot, the extra worker bonus, or save for the work discount bonus? I've tried it so many ways: tried going to the left and the farm first, tried going to the right and the gold and bridges first, tried going to both at the same time but no avail. Where, oh where is a mine or a market when you need it????? Even with Csustar's excellent tips, I can't seem to get past this one (which means if I ever do, I'll be spending the rest of my life on 4.5 ) Gotta say, you definitely get your money's worth of play hours with this game. Too bad most of those hours are on one level.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Apr 20, 11 11:33 PM
Does anyone else feel like this one is harder than the first MKftP? With the first game, I didn't start to really struggle until the 3rd round (lvls 3.1 etc), but with this one I'm having to redo many levels several times over before I get gold, even levels as early as 1.11. I just now made it to lvl. 3.2 in the desert. If I hear "You have to finish before nightfall!" one more time, I may bang my head against the desk. That said, I'm still enjoying the game a whole lot. But methinks either the game is harder or I got worse at strategy/time management games.

posted in Royal Envoy Collector's Edition on Apr 12, 11 10:11 PM
Any tips? The walkthrough doesn't work for expert mode, at least not this level. Once I get enough materials to build the bridge, I don't have any left to barter with at the markets and I end up burning away all my bandit ransom money making more materials to barter with.

(Update/slight walkthrough)
Never mind. It can be done if you don't build anything extra and just make materials nonstop. Hire two tax collectors, also. Once the bridge is built, the key is to remember you can dig up the two treasures in the middle of the screen I also built a chalet but I didn't upgrade it. All this did the trick. I feel kinda silly for not realizing I could dig up the treasure just 'cause I couldn't dig up the treasure on the far left.

posted in Robin's Island Adventure on Apr 6, 11 10:09 AM
Anyone know what they are? I've gotten a few, although offhand I can't remember what for. I wish you could roll over with your mouse to see what the awards are for so you know what to do to earn them, but I guess that would make it too easy, huh?

posted in Fantastic Farm on Apr 1, 11 11:21 PM
Okay, can someone tell me if I'm on the right track here? I think the storing items for the auction means I have to put surplus items into the barn during the regular levels. Therefore, if I want to store 8 items, I have to put 8 surplus items of each type into the barn before I reach an auction level. Is this right or am I totally off base?

And c'mon, the girl has a magic wand. Can't she just stand there in the middle of the field and wave it like Mickey Mouse did in Fantasia instead of running everywhere? If she's gonna do that, why bother with a magic wand at all? :-)

posted in Fantastic Farm on Apr 1, 11 11:15 PM
First off, thanks Jacqwa, never could have done it without your tips. Secondly, I can't believe people are beating expert mode! Regular mode was stressful enough, I'm afraid to try expert mode. Is it that much harder?

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 28, 11 7:34 AM
I see. The key (at least for me) is to not build a quarry right away but to save the money to pay off the nomad on the right. If you only put one guy on the build, the materials will last until you pay off the second nomad on the left and access the treasure there. I was also immediately upgrading my villas all the way. Total waste of resources. Thanks for the tips, CEdem!

posted in Ranch Rush on Mar 25, 11 9:35 AM
I believe I have the newest version of the Mac game since I downloaded it sometime in March of 2011. The problem is this: I just finally completed the expert mode without failing an order and got all the trophies. But then the game crashed immediately after I left the trophy screen and refuses to load again. Is this a new bug or is it just my Macbook (games seem to crash an awful lot on this thing)?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator