Posts created by WaltzingFish

posted in Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 18 2:47 PM
cathybobcat, which mini puzzles? Could you please give an example?
I was able to skip fighting the demons with the gauntlet. Not fond of this type of mini game. Ok, I won't get all achievements, but, after all, it's a game!
Other ones I found fun to do. Or they were doable with the Hint Button.

posted in Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition on Jan 18, 18 3:00 PM
Main Game Page: Submissions currently unavailable.

This game has all the ingredients of current HOPA's: animals have to be bribed, statues have to completed with eyes, crowns, locks have to be opened, potions to be prepared, you collect lilies, dwarven artifacts and chess figures - great for those who are into collectables.
For me the end of the demo was reached when the fairy, pictured in the main page icon, spoke up.
Her voice, squeaking and screeching, sealed the NO deal.

for a poor offering of a series I once loved.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 12:29 PM
Suniris, on the wall on the right hand side you have pictures which represent on which height the basketballs should hang. The middle one has to be at the very top if I remember correctly. The ones on the right and the left according to those on the pictures.
Hope you'll get it!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 11:56 AM
This game looks very promising! So far I’ve only played the first two chapters and I had much fun.
It is one of the games where you get quirky achievements for things like nudging a sleepy student in the café. I prefer achievements like this to finding different items.
I’ve learned my lesson and look up the achievements before I start playing. Take a pic on my phone and check from time to time, as you can’t go back and pick them up like collectibles.

The story is interesting, graphics are good, really like the new twists in the HO’s and the puzzles are entertaining.

Bought! Looking forward to the next chapters.

posted in Phantasmat: Insidious Dreams Collector's Edition on Sep 14, 17 4:05 AM
A great thriller!
Finally more challenge in a game, not everything spoon-fed. I love having to use my brain.
I'm not very far yet, but so far I've enjoyed every single HO, puzzle, every cut scene.

Well done!

bobhillman, sometimes there are last minute changes.
I've been hoping for Dawn of Hope as well, but I prefer playing games without glitches.

The Moon Crystal, I played the beta and it started more "hack'n slash" than HOPA. Didn't even finish it.

posted in Maze: Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Aug 14, 17 2:35 PM
Disappointed as well.
The Bonus Chapter was "fighting a ghost from the past". Rather short. Instead of putting a cherry on the cake we got a pickle. Didn't fit my taste.
Wish I had waited for the SE.

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 17 3:21 AM
Although I quite like this mixture of genres (mystery - supernatural - fantasy) I will not buy the CE.
Far too short. It took me less than an hour to play the trial (10 pages of SG), didn't skip puzzles, never used a hint.

It starts at the bottom, as far as I can remember. I changed all segments of the key to the given pattern. Gosh, it was only yesterday I've played this bit, still I can't remember whether I had to click to go up or whether it happened just like this.
Anyway, it worked like a charm and I hope it will for you as well.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 3:46 PM
That's exactly what I like!
Being challenged to stare at the screen, deciding which tactic to follow: getting rid of most clues first? Scrutinising inch per inch? Getting the HO done and look for the morphing object in replay HO's? So many options.

Must have been playing - just the trial so far - a very different game.

The story is based on "Skyggen" - "The Shadow", a probably not so well known story by H.C. Anderson. I welcome less known material!

The original Blue Tea Games were great in some aspects. In others - just not for me. I found their FROG's simplistic, click on the item which does not fit into the scene. Repeat the same scene over and over and over again.
In today's offering, a very different story.
The FROG's are fantastic! Very creative!
Well done, the plushy, rich atmosphere of Dark Parables, a soundtrack that flatters your ears, smooth gameplay and so many details to discover. As the trembling finger of a statue, the mountain scenery.

Just one minor flow , have to wait for my pay check to continue this great game.

posted in Subliminal Realms: Call of Atis Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 17 8:24 AM
Hi Meganthedog,

there is a rune on one of the tiles. When you have found all the runes you are given the last tile.
Happy gaming!

posted in Cursed on Jan 2, 17 3:28 AM
Thank you both, _DD_ and addictedtofish, appreciate your answers.

posted in Cursed on Jan 2, 17 2:33 AM
Mac Player here, this game is for PC only. I'm not ticked off, I'm a patient person.
I'm just wondering if this game has HO scenes? There is a picture on the main page that shows a HO scene, so I assume there are more?
Happy gaming PC players!

posted in Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition on Dec 25, 16 7:53 AM
Another crash victim here: Mac Yosemite.
I skipped the mini-game and could go on. But I won't buy a game that doesn't work properly.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 16 1:21 AM
WOW!!!
Of course this is not a review, yet, I've played for half an hour so far, a "broken hour" to stay in context.
But this game has all elements I love: an intriguing story, great graphics, humour!!! (the van cave, New Clockshire as birthplace), fantastic voice overs, good puzzles, and HO's, hints to other MCF games, as the ever present "NO TRESPASSING" sign.
And great music.
Bought it at full price, just the broken hour I've played so far was worth it!

Mac 10.10.5 here. Game crashed.
I had problems with previous games from this dev. They crash again and again, after a restart I often have to replay some steps. This doesn't add to an immersive experience.
I've contacted Customer Service, they've been nice as ever and issued me with a free game code.
Call me silly, I rather pay full price for a game properly working than "limping" through a free game.
There are so many games from other devs I have no problems with whatsoever. I do not understand what makes the difference to make a game playable.
I feel BFG should monitor these problems, learn from those devs who deliver playable games and pass on the knowledge and tricks to devs whose games crash and crash and crash ...

An outstanding game, full of humor, mystery, intriguing plot, great gameplay, tons of fun!
Although: {Spoiler} The series Off the Record is discontinued. BUT not Phantasmal, Hidden Expedition and Danse Macabre! How on earth will this dev continue with these brilliant series when all their authors have been murdered?

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 16 5:06 AM
Hi elliehappyface!

Try green, colors are a bit faded.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 16 1:36 AM
Hi fortuneteller,

just played this scene and everything worked fine. The remote needs batteries. Did you find them?
Hope it'll work!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator