Posts created by GeorgeTSLC

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 7:05 PM
Mine was 1.2 and already had the Lost Lands, just by clicking on the label of the original map.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 7:04 PM
Much simpler than that, people. You click on the label that says "Map: My Kingdom" and it changes to "Map: Lost Lands" with a whole new map. I discovered that very early on by accident!

And at least for me, <F12> has absolutely no effect.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 7:02 PM
Nevertheless, bwtchng, it turns out the ONLY way to win one of the very early levels is to expand your barracks to pick up the last few people required--even though the force isn't needed for any other purpose. (No, I don't remember the name of the town. It was in another country, and besides ...)

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 7:00 PM
I doubt it. You've probably done something else to reduce the population--almost certainly failing to have enough food and/or
enough soldierly protection. Citizens will move out if they can't find food in the shops or don't feel safe.

What IS dumb is that the Mage Towers add absolutely nothing to the citizens' belief in their safety! Maybe it's that they never see the mages, and so just don't trust them, unlike the soldiers that they see in the streets, shops, and taverns? (NOT that this is a realistic simulation, given that we really never see any of those, but ...) You'd think they'd notice the thunderbolts flying overhead.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 6:56 PM
I liked it. Its mechanics are very much like the wildly popular Build-a-Lot series (now up to its 4th release). If you're bored by the first Build-a-Lot, you'll definitely be bored by Be a King.

By the way: The second map is available by clicking the box labeled "Map: My Kingdom" which then transforms into "Map: Lost Lands" with a number of additional cities and different building capabilities.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 6:52 PM
Ryders209:

I take it you believe the gold trophies are for finishing faster than the silver trophies are?

Because I've suspected that but haven't kept careful track.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 6:49 PM
The Mage Tower is available on the same sub-menu as the Barracks. If you'd read the Strategy Guide provided free by the developers on the front page of the game, you'd know not only that but other stuff that almost certainly will prove useful in playing the game.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 6:47 PM
That sort of message can mean that you need to clean up your hard drive or consolidate the files on it.

It can also mean you ought to contact the manufacturer, developer, or distributor and complain. In this case, the last (meaning BIg Fish) is the best, because I can't find the 300 AD people online and I'm betting you can't either! Given that they all have Polish names, maybe they're only working through Big Fish?

P.S. You really should put a more helpful Subject line or your requests for help. This one could be, for instance, "Game won't load!"

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 6:43 PM
The "3X" means three mills, not three upgrades.

posted in Be a King on Sep 6, 09 6:42 PM
If you'll tell me the name of the village or city at level 12, I'll tell you how I beat it. Unfortunately, the map doesn't have ## on it.

posted in My Tribe on Sep 3, 09 10:18 PM
The shipyard goes on the east coast and takes up no grass whatever. Same with the Ark.

posted in My Tribe on Aug 31, 09 6:22 PM
So what was your answer for the hair-dye potion?

Not that my own gray-haired lady of 20-something wants to change; when she had auburn hair, she got really tired of being mistaken for the tribal elder!

And incidentally, a dose of Moondust changes hair-color and/or style.

posted in My Tribe on Aug 31, 09 6:12 PM
14 is also right there in the Instructions. And whenever you drop a kid slightly off from a pickup target--mushroom, star, etc.--a message appears on screen.

If you missed this, you ought to bring up and read thru the instructions to see what else you don't know.

posted in My Tribe on Aug 31, 09 6:09 PM
As noted in another thread, if they have no wood to make a fire to cook their food, they don't eat. But that doesn't explain the 2 survivors.

posted in My Tribe on Aug 31, 09 6:08 PM
It's several spots of different sizes in a rough oval. They really ought to give you a picture in the Instructions! It's easy to see once you know, but until I actually saw some being deposited, I'd never noticed any--spent a little while trying to pick up the smaller pebbles instead, which doesn't happen.

posted in My Tribe on Aug 31, 09 6:06 PM
And if you have agriculture level 2, you can plant new trees, which grow up in a year or two.

posted in County Fair on Jul 13, 09 6:57 PM
This is also the case with Monster Trucks, an Outdoor Show--which incidentally gets you the trophy for booking the Most Expensive Show.

posted in Fairy Godmother Tycoon on Jun 29, 09 2:47 PM
It may have been a button I unintentionally hit, but without my having worked through the Forest, I have just been delivered to the Dwarven Mines, with the Forest appearing in the Happily Ever After already-completed display.

I rather enjoy the silly intros, but I really don't want to work thru the previous several levels just to see one. Does anyone know if there's a text file I can hack to tell the program I have not completed the Forest?

posted in Fairy Godmother Tycoon on Jun 29, 09 2:44 PM
I found that I absolutely had to take out loans, reaching nearly the limit, in order to make adequate profit. (This is a lot like real small businesses; unless you have adequate capital, you're not going to make it.)

Other than that, it's just a matter of the basics--having sufficient supplies, not over- or undercharging, not keeping very many of the peasants waiting longer than they'll stand for, etc.

posted in DinerTown Tycoon on Jun 27, 09 6:18 PM
So Flo is actually useful? I thought she was just feel-good decoration for people who had played the company's earlier games. Thank you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator