Posts created by jasminewolf

posted in LandGrabbers on Jul 1, 12 6:54 PM
okay so of course after my last post of utter frustration, i tried at least 10 more times... and to no avail... then today, I wake up from a nap, load up the game and BOOM first try! I KILL IT. Lava 7 DEAD. Take THAT sucka! HAH! (kicking the dead carcass of Lava 7) ... .... you get the drift. I'm stoked. cuz not only did i beat the level, i got the STAR with 2min and 3secs to SPARE! it was brilliant. After like 4 freaking months ( ithink....i've lost track of time) i finally beat that STUPID LEVEL!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh...I'm kinda giddy right now.

Thanks Landgrabbers! (For making me INSANE!) hehehe

posted in LandGrabbers on Jun 30, 12 8:54 PM
festclick wrote:I just got the General star in 6 m 34 s. And it was not just frantic clicking but good strategy. Here's how whilst I remember.

Use the two 20/20s to attack the tower but empty the tower. Now take the leftmost of the two 20 huts. Rush on with everything you've got to the other 20 hut as blue contests it. I caught a break when blue took the castle so I swept through his original buildings and then used everything to take back the castle and wipe out blue, but it should be possible to take out blue quickly whatever. This is so far nothing much new.

My new idea was to notice that the map would quickly divide into seven producing buildings apiece, and most importantly green would only have two places to attack whilst the lower tower is neutral. These are the 10 castle and what was originally the blue armoury. So I overload both of these, using my original two huts for the castle and the other three buildings for the armoury, with the third building taken as soon as I finished blue. I keep emptying my supply buildings to get the overloads to 50, upgrading to the max. I also used the pause quite a bit, as I switched from the supply buildings to the overloads, attacking when they were full and it was safe to do a single attack.

Keeping my overloads at 50 made the green attacks useless and I never lost the overloads even once! I used the top 10 hut as my decoy attack, not upgrading and letting green retake it, only to lose it at my next castle overload attack. As time passed I made upgrades. I only moved on the lower tower when green attacked it, and there followed the only difficult sequence, as green took some of my lower buildings as I secured and upgraded the tower. But my advantage in men was then enough to retake and I finished off taking the bottom-right castle and the other two buildings there and mopped up with the top tower left until last.

Not bad, eh!

GEEZ I'm JEALOUS!!! (I've played this level like 200 times at least now!!!!)Okay... i will try some of this...although I've tried something at least very similar to this... crossing fingers...

posted in Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower on Mar 10, 12 10:25 PM
Wow that helped! Thanks! I finally got through it!

jasmine

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Feb 29, 12 7:18 PM
Awesome !! it worked ! I breezed through the level in record time! =)
sooo.... now onto level ten.... =)
Thanks!
JasmineWolf

posted in Totem Tribe on Feb 7, 12 5:30 PM
hey there--
if you are on the Last Level - Inside the Comet and are having a gnarly time trying to beat the aliens (which I'm guessing you are cuz you're reading this)

Two Things -- apparently the arrows work pretty well on octopus guys... so build lots of arrow towers (I mixed in mostly thunder and arrow) lots of hunters & shamans.
AND
Build at least 3 temples -- after each time you charge up a spell, destroy the Temple. You will keep the spell, and if you rebuild the temple you can get more spells. It's tedious but a good way to build up some ammo against the Big Boss MOFO.

I also heard that the big one needs lots of meteor shower.... I'm trying that now....
GOOD LUCK! I'm two days (three?? they are blurring together) in and still working on it.

JasmineWolf

posted in Totem Tribe on Feb 2, 12 11:32 AM
Hey there! It seems I'm coming to Totem Tribe late in the game! So if there's anyone out there still reading this forum... help!
OK... so first I'm wondering if there's a location that has screenshot maps for all the gems. (For TT 1.02 NOT GOLD--I did find somewhere that has them all for gold, but I imagine it's a little different? I would love to be wrong about that. )
I'm trying to find the last bunch of gems and have already gone thru the files to figure out which islands still have them.
Tried to figure out the paint/enlarge thing, but then I couldn't save it so I don't know what I did wrong.
I'm running Win 7...

Geez this game is hard!! I mean Challenging ;-) In a good way! I hate games that I paid $7 for and then I finish them in 1 day. This one I've been going at for two weeks already! So kudos to ENKORD.

Anyway, would love any help anyone can give. THANKS!

JasmineWolf

posted in Totem Tribe on Jan 28, 12 8:53 PM
SERIOUSLY! I have one damn banana to find and it's seriously NO WHERE to be found! Did you ever end up finding them?
jasmine wolf

posted in Roads of Rome III on Oct 11, 11 2:35 PM
Hi ricoblade-- just a quick question-- you listed the sawmill twice and I'm wondering if you meant farm for one of those? so, sawmill first, or farm first? thanks! =)
jasminewolf

ricoblade wrote:Hi - I did a walkthrough a few posts below:

The limiting factor on this level is Food so you need to optimise your strategy to get as much Food as possible.

Start by building the Pumping Station, getting the Key, unlocking the Teleport and upgrading the Camp.

Start chopping Trees while you wait for the Water to arrive and keep chopping them in between other tasks until you run out of Food.

Put out the Sawmill Fire, Upgrade the Camp and Build the Sawmill.

Start collecting the Water and Wood.

Put out the Sawmill Fire and then build the Sawmill.

Put out the Storehouse Fire and then build the Storehouse.

Upgrade the Sawmill.

Now in between other tasks you can collect the Berries which are now worth 2 Food each.

Put out the Mine Fire and build the Mine.

Put out the Quarry Fire and build the Quarry.

Build the Cobbler.

Upgrade the Pumping Station (the earthquake will also destroy it so you will need to rebuild it when that happens).

Now it's a case of collecting the Shoes, Food, Gold, Stone and Water and completing the remaining tasks, prioritising clearing the Road as that take the longest time.

Don't forget to use the Bag on one round of collecting resources.

Hope that helps.

posted in Roads of Rome III on Oct 11, 11 2:30 PM
Hi ricoblade-- just a quick question-- you listed the sawmill twice and I'm wondering if you meant farm for one of those? so, sawmill first, or farm first? thanks! =)
jasminewolf

ricoblade wrote:Hi - I did a walkthrough a few posts below:

The limiting factor on this level is Food so you need to optimise your strategy to get as much Food as possible.

Start by building the Pumping Station, getting the Key, unlocking the Teleport and upgrading the Camp.

Start chopping Trees while you wait for the Water to arrive and keep chopping them in between other tasks until you run out of Food.

Put out the Sawmill Fire, Upgrade the Camp and Build the Sawmill.

Start collecting the Water and Wood.

Put out the Sawmill Fire and then build the Sawmill.

Put out the Storehouse Fire and then build the Storehouse.

Upgrade the Sawmill.

Now in between other tasks you can collect the Berries which are now worth 2 Food each.

Put out the Mine Fire and build the Mine.

Put out the Quarry Fire and build the Quarry.

Build the Cobbler.

Upgrade the Pumping Station (the earthquake will also destroy it so you will need to rebuild it when that happens).

Now it's a case of collecting the Shoes, Food, Gold, Stone and Water and completing the remaining tasks, prioritising clearing the Road as that take the longest time.

Don't forget to use the Bag on one round of collecting resources.

Hope that helps.

posted in Roads of Rome III on Oct 11, 11 2:13 PM
Av8Trx wrote:Resources not visible, sometimes totems not visible. I had this problem with R of R II, only not as bad. In III, none of the berry bushes, trees, or totems are visible at all. The only way I know about them is from having played the previous releases, I sort of know where to look for them. Same with the totems. Without having these on screen, there is NO way you can get expert even in easy mode. Try it out, move your cursor around the screen some, see if you get, “tree,” or, ‘berry bush’, click on it and the worker will go harvest, increasing your resources. I had to use this trick on every level, managed to get expert on all but one/easy mode. In R of R I, all of these resources that you could harvest were visible. In II, they’d show up at first, then disappear. In III, they’re not visible at all, weird. I don’t know how a newbie fights through this game without them.

@Av8Trx--- hi--just wondering... are you running in full screen mode or windowed? if windowed, try the full screen, I had a similar issue. Good luck!

posted in Roads of Rome III on Oct 8, 11 10:59 PM
ArrrgH!

Whoa, this one's got me! Trying to beat the regular time, let aLONE the Expert time, has definitely been challenging, and I'm pretty sure I'm not running the "difficult" setting. Finally made it thru on regular times, now just trying to get Expert in everything so I can unlock bonus levels. And MAAAAAAAN, they're tough! So yeah, BRAVO! Well worth the purchase....I can tell this one's gonna take a minute . ;-)

hmmm...walkthrough, where are you? ;-)

jasminewolf

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Apr 11, 11 11:15 AM
OOOOOH! yes! thank you. =)

posted in Buried in Time on Apr 1, 11 11:23 AM
Definitely not a Hidden Object Game, it's a Strategy Game which is why I dl'd it... Much like Artist Colony but way shorter -- which I like cuz I get bored easy.. haven't even fully finished Artist Colony LOL.
Anyway, the last puzzle is tricky but there IS an answer -- just keep at it...
It was a little anticlimactic at the end but whatev's. Overall I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 13, 11 8:05 PM
LOVED it!! It was quite hard too, which was both satisfying and annoying.. LOL =) I used the tips a LOT! I really liked all the music too--- I guess I just really like middle eastern music in general, but for a video game it was really awesome. Fairly smooth and exciting, but not annoying like MANY other games. Love all the little characters, especially shaking the crap outta the thieves!! hahahah fun.
Anyway, another great one THANKS! I've pretty much played them all. (TM-Building ones that is, and so far i think it's my favorite. I wish there were MORE levels =)
Another 10-or-12 would rock. ;-)

Thanks again -- I heart BFG!

Jasminewolf

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 13, 11 7:17 PM
Never mind I got it, FINALLY! =) whew!

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 13, 11 5:19 PM
peutetre wrote:I always leave the chest to the right for the end. I know it has enough stone in it to build the villa and, I think, an Eye of Ra. Once I have 8000 stones from the quarry, pay the nomad and open the chest, while destroying the quarry and building the bridge.

I also build my villa in the top row at the very end, away from the shrine. I found that the temples needed a more rapid turnover to get the money than did the villa. At least with the temples close to the shrine, the priests could get there quickly to empty them before they got too full.

Sorry--- do you mean the chest on the bottom right? or did you mean left? and did you build the quarry where the hut was or the one to the left of it ? ARgh! =) this levels ROUGH!
thanks to everyone for all the great tips!

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 12, 11 7:36 PM
@cstdenis ---
THANK U THANK U THANK U! I really thought I tried it exactly like that before but I guess I wasn't as on it as I thought... lol! Made it with 30 secs to spare... can't imagine how you had a full minute!! then again, I probably missed a few rent collections getting antsy with the upgrade button.... ;-)
again thanks!
Now---level 28.... =P

Jasmine

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 11, 11 10:07 PM
kcoulson wrote:
cstdenis wrote:It is a pretty difficult game, but it's more strategy than time oriented. You really have to think about the best way and order to get the goals accomplished.

I love this kind of game! I had to do some levels 10 times before I got gold. I love trying to figure out the best strategy to get it done faster. You have to think a little outside the box sometimes (like not create houses right away, but go for a market etc.)

Peutetre is really good at coming up with alternative ways to get gold. Whereas I'm more straightforward in my approach. But still we both seem to get there, that's what makes this type of game so fun.

Try Royal Envoy if you like this. Many more levels, but I think a little easier.

I absolutely loved this game. I used to be nothing but a HOG gamer, until I tried TM & Strategy games, and realized that I've been missing out! I was wondering if there are any games similar to this game...you mentioned Royal Envoy. I will check it out. Are there any others you could suggest, if you don't mind? Thank you ahead of time for your help!!

My Kingdom for the Princess I & II are both similar to this and also pretty tough but do-able... they also have walkthroughs n cheats online... The Palace Builder, Roads of Rome, and of course Build-A-Lot. ... all similar styles with varying levels of strategy. FUN! I've done them all and made the Gold Level on all except one level in MyKingdom and I actually had to use a cheat! First time ever -- but hey after playing the level 100 times what can ya do? ;-)
Good luck and happy building stuff! =)
Jasmine

posted in Lavender`s Botanicals on Dec 9, 10 10:35 PM
Hey --- for future players of this game --

To fulfill the quest you must make the non- improved version of each item AND in addition, 20 Night Moisturizing Cream. This is not stated in the quest but as I discovered in another thread that is the answer. And when I tried it, it worked.
Hope that helps. =)

Now i'm stuck in Valparaiso trying to get Amber unlocked. =/
anyone?? anyone??

Jasmine

posted in Lavender`s Botanicals on Dec 9, 10 9:59 PM
soooo... had a few troubles with bugs in this game, but so far they have been ironed out ... thanks everyone for all your forums posts. I would SERIOUSLY not have gotten this far with all the glitches.

NOW however, I'm stuck... unable to buy Amber in Valparaiso, even though my only quest is to make an Amber Tincture (and something else... ) Been ALLLL over to each city checking each area, no character has unlocked it for me...
Anyone know of the solution??
I love u forever. =)
Jasmine

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator