Posts created by wndf

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 19, 13 1:13 PM
Thank you, katewille!

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 19, 13 12:37 PM
Hi, what is the answer to the clue '3, 6, 9 and so on'? Yes, I know, they are all devidable by 3. But what color is associated?

There are three groups of flower pots; 1, 2 and 3...

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 18, 13 3:03 AM
No.

Okay; I quit the game after restarting level 1 several times, to put down this complaint/question.

Then I went back, just to try and try again. Now there are two bags of seeds and one bag of tools in the initial phase. This is really crazy. I must have overlooked the bag of tools the first dozen of times, although that actually is impossible, because I desperately clicked everything and now there is even a big yellow arrow pointing to it until you pick it up.

Well. I am happy to play on, but still curious if someone else encounters this strange thing (and if I am sane).

EDIT: okay, I am definitey not crazy. Because now that the first level IS working, I see a whole lot of other things - like a cabin with tools in the upper part of the screen. When I started the first time and was having trouble, this shed was not there - there was just a brown, muddy looking spot.

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 18, 13 2:58 AM
Just started playing Gardens Inc. and it all looks very promising... However; in the first level, the game doesn't continue after clicking a couple of things.

You get the choice to play with tips on or off. When I play with tips on, I collect the two seed bags and afterwards I am not able to click anything. I cannot remove the rock, allthough I have the tools.

When I play with tips off, I can remove the first rock, but afterwards I am out of tools and nothing happens (except that the timer keeps running). There are no tools to be found. And they don't add to your inventory in time either.

It looks to me like there should be a bag of seeds and a bag of tools in the initial spots, in stead of two bags of seeds (because the first tip is: pick up seeds and tools, because you'll need them). And that in tips-on-mode the game is waiting for you to pick up tools (which aren't there) before you can go on.

Anyone please able to prove me wrong and dumb? The game looks lovely and I was looking forward to a whole afternoon of playing...

posted in Plantasia on Feb 26, 13 6:58 AM
Do you mean level 5-10? If you got there, this one must be easy for you. The previous two levels are way harder. Anyway, this is how you get expert (even if you don't want to ):

1. Kill the two ants and then the two moths.
2. Clear away weeds around the purple fairy dust circles and plant the purple flowers in such a way that you 'connect' the purple circles (you want to keep them free for roses later on).
3. Do 2 for the red and pink areas.
4. While doing 2 and 3, cut away rocks and buy up to four weeding tools and a second spade.
5. Buy up to four watering cans and up to four bug sprayers and another spade.

- Now you have planted your six initial flowers, none of them IN the fairy dust circles, but between them, and you have four of all tools except spades (three is enough).

6. Keep clearing the scene from weeds, rocks and bugs.
7. Once you have enough mana, buy roses. Plant them in the fairy dust circles, by which you are now creating flower beds of equally coloured flowers.
8. Buy a fifth bug sprayer. This and the above should about be done when the first cloud of bugs hits.

- First wave of bugs: focus on the bugs that are on your flowers first. Don't forget to water the plants during the fight. And keep on clearing rocks and weeds. (You might lose one or two flowers; that's okay. Try to protect the roses.)

9. Buy a second, third and fourth patch of roses. This should be enough.
10. Keep on clearing stuff, watering your flowers and harvesting patches.

Another three waves of bugs will hit. Fight them all off. Harvesting in patches may be hard during these fights, so just harvest whatever you can, whenever you can. In the end, you should be able to buy 5 statues. Presto!

posted in Plantasia on Feb 26, 13 4:26 AM
Hello vmyrn,

No idea if you're still playing, let alone checking these forums. But your question gave me an excuse to replay the game a little more and here's my strategy for expert time and a general strategy for the game.

GENERAL
- Build large packs of equally colored flowers rather than buying expensive flowers - unless roses are available. Roses give you so much mana that in the later levels a few roses is all you need to build your statues.
- I usually play without the mass spells - I find it that 'manually' killing bugs, weeds and rocks gives you the mana that you need to finish levels, whereas mass spells don't get you this mana.
- In none of the levels I found it very useful to buy vegetables (to create fairy dust circles); I usually deal with the circles already laid out.
- Sometimes the bug killing, weed weeding and rock crushing is an essential part of the start of a level: it gives you the starting mana to get on with the level.
- Always try to harvest flowers in groups. With cheap flowers in large flower beds, you can collect up to 2,000 mana at once, just because of the size of the beds. With roses, just a few roses can already give you 500 mana bonus for group size (and then some 500 per rose afterwards).
- Look in these forums!

LEVEL 3-6
- Cut away the smaller rocks and weed the weeds.
- Harvest the two lower right tomatoes, but WAIT with harvesting the other two.
- As soon as you have the mana, buy two wheel barrows and replace the two upper left tomatoes somewhere in the vincinity of the other two.
- Buy a second shovel and keep on cutting away stones.
- Plant the red flowers on the red fairy dust circles and plant the yellow plants somewhere else where there is room for a large yellow flower bed.
- Buy some yellow plants + tomatoes first and plant strategically. About two or three sets of seeds.
- Buy red flowers and make a large flower bed.
- Buy up to four watering cans.

Now harvest in patches as big as possible and you should do fine! (This time around, I ended up with 12 red flowers, of which 11 in a fairy dust circle, and five yellow flowers - it was a close finish.)

posted in Plantasia on Feb 25, 13 12:11 PM
There are at least two ways. I replayed this level to see how they were and the one that brought me success first was:

Immediately plant the pink turnip.
Start weeding and cutting away rocks.
Water the turnip to make it bloom faster and harvest right away.
Plant the pink flowers.
Water them, pick them.
In the mean time, cut away rocks and get rid of two beetles and an ant.
Watch it: spare your mana and deal with the first three pests with only one bug spray. This means you need to be on them immediately.

Pretty soon after you've killed the ant, you'll have 1,500 mana to buy a set of yellows. Just hope for the best: a lot of roses. If it is less than two in the first buy, start over.

If you have one pumpkin (if more; start over): plant the three yellows next to each other. So don't bother waiting for the pumpkin to ripen before you plant a rose there. You can however replace a rose on that spot once it's ready (with a wheel barrow).

Buy a second set of roses and a second bug spray.

In the end, you want to have at least three roses on yellow spots, or four roses. Water them continuously and harvest them in groups. When the ant cloud comes, focus on protecting the roses. Forget about the pinksies (don't waste your water on them).

I managed the first time with three roses on three yellow spots. Good luck!

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 13 4:48 AM
Any news on this one yet? Is there anyone out there who did manage to get this trophy?

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 12 11:36 PM
Thank you, dianaluna. I forgive you for not remembering the setting of every single screen when you've played 2,000 levels...

It is one where the top half is already filled with tiles and the lower half is blocked by: iced tiles and boxes. I have played the level about 2,000 times now and already twice I was left with one more tile to clear when gold coin dropped, so give me another few days and I might succeed!

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Dec 1, 12 3:32 PM
Anyone around who can tell me how to finish level 62 in gold time?

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 12 10:11 AM
Note: collect the rent from your cabins! It is necessary to get three stars.

1. Clear the way to the farm (top right) and start chopping down trees. Once the farm is open, send two workers there. Keep chopping trees with the third guy.
2. When the first badge of food comes out, collect it and start building a cabin on the open spot and plant a garden.
3. Keep chopping down trees until at least 150 wood and collecting food until you have enough to build a gramophone down left. After that, you should have enough food to build a second gramophone.
4. Cheer up the leprechaun - start getting gold from the gold stones (not yet the mines) and buy two more workers.
5. As soon as you have 3,000 (witch should be very soon), bribe the pirate.
6. Send four workers to the gold mines immediately; build a cabin on the second spot and plant a garden; chop some more wood and build two more gramophones (down right).
7. Collect gold from mines and remaining gold stones until you have 5,000.

posted in Farm Fables on Jul 19, 12 2:14 AM
So far, I have not had a really hard time getting gold on each level. But now I am stuck at level 62. What is the right strategy? I tried it with strawberries; planting and selling and upgrading. But when the money really starts coming in, I don't have enough time left for getting 20 milk, creating 20 butter, creating 20 jam from 20 sugar and 20 strawberries and so on... But I don't see another way to do this. Tips anyone?

posted in Farm Fables on Jul 17, 12 11:18 AM
Here's my penny:

1. Upgraded corn - planted and sold corn and upgraded storehouse.
2. After the upgrading, I planted 6 grass and harvested.
3. Then started planting and selling corn again; as soon as I reached that I could first plant 6 corn AND had 1,500 left to buy a sheep, I bought a sheep.
4. I kept on planting corn and selling it - analogue to 3. and bought 2 more sheep this way.
5. At three sheep, I planted 6 corn one more time - harvested and after that, I just planted grass.
6. Bought the fourth and fith sheep with the money from the last round of corn and the wool.

Had 1:32 left on the clock .

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Jul 15, 12 4:40 AM
I finished the trial yesterday and bought the game. I kept on playing afterwards and had no problems at all with the game. Today I start up the game and I have flashing blocks in the upper half of the screen. I did not change any settings of my pc between yesterday and today. Anyone any idea what could be the cause?

PS The flashing stops when I turn to windowed mode, but I want (need) to play it full screen, because of the tinyness of some details of the game. Besides, as said before, yesterday there was no problem at all with the game, so I don't see why there need to be a problem today...

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 10, 12 1:57 AM
In the end, you can sell your houses, since neither rent or number of houses is a goal. Make sure you have charmed and painted them, before you sell them, though, because of the charm goal.

This should give you enough money to buy the coveted spots. Do not demolish the cottage; you need that one for an extra goal in the end.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 10, 12 1:49 AM
1. Harvest the trees on the mystic spot for money. Build a dwarve's foundry over there.
2. Start harvesting trees for money and buy 5,000 materials as soon as possible.
3. Start building treehouses.
4. As soon as the other mystic spot is for sale, buy it and build a toadstool at that spot.
5. Keep on buying materials, building treehouses, buying trees, harvesting them for money. Also, protect your treehouses.
6. As soon as the money starts coming in, buy some more fairies (I ended up with over 20, I guess).
7. Keep two spots open to reforest and harvest for money - this way, you can make a lot of money by the way (reforisting costs about 1,250, harvesting gives you 5,000...) - until the chechbox at the harvesting goal is checked.
8. Upgrade at least a row of treehouses up to 3 stars. Make sure you buy fairies, because you need to do at lot at the same time. Don't forget to protect the houses afterwards. Keep an eye on your rent; stop upgrading when it is over 30,000.
9. Make sure you have enough materials to build two more houses (but two dens is enough), demolish the toadstool and the foundry and build two more houses.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 10, 12 1:41 AM
1. Sell your gingerbread house.
2. With the money, buy 500 materials and build a dwarves foundry on a mystic spot. In the mean time, buy two more fairies.
3. When the foundry is done, buy 5,000 materials, demolish the cottages and build 2 treehouses. When possible, buy the empty spots when offered. Build 2 more treehouses so you have 4.

- make sure you leave two spots in between houses for 2 gazebos of love, so in such a way that the gazebo's affect two houses each. It is best to have built the gazebos before you have demolished all gingerbread houses, but in the end I think I built one den at a gingerbread spot next to a gazebo to get the charm -

4. Start collecting rent to buy 5,000 materials (when trees are offered for sale, buy them, however, and harvest them for gold). Start building 3 manors.
5. Buy the trees on the mystic spot as soon as possible. Harvest them for gold and build a toadstool.
6. Speed up your fairies at the toadstool, buy 3 fairies, and start protecting your houses.
7. Now, start collecting rent. When a gingerbread house is for sale, put three of you your own houses up for sale and low ball the gingerbread house. It worked for me all the time and saved me some money. Don't forget to unlist your houses immediately after the buy and be careful not to accidentally actually sell one of your houses.
8. Wait as long as possible before you demolish the gingerbreads. Of course, you need to demolish some to build your manors, but keep the rest until you have bought them all.
9. Build your 2 gazebos. Paint five houses (the threehouses and manors, of course). Perhaps you need to buy some materials (500 should be enough).
10. Collect rent, low ball the gingerbreads. When you have about enough to buy the last gingerbread, start demolishing them and wait to buy the last one; demolish that one too.

This should give you an expert time finish.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 9, 12 5:09 AM
Here is what I did (and I finished with plenty of 'blue time' left):

1. Harvest 1 tree for materials.
2. Build a treehouse.
3. Harvest 2 more trees for materials. In the mean time, sell your treehouse.
4. Build a toadstool. Buy 6 more fairies as soon as it is finished.
5. Harvest trees for money and build two more treehouses.
6. Sell the treehouses.
7. Buy trees and cheap houses and harvest for money/demolish.
8. Buy about 15,000 materials and start building the 5 cottages.
9. Paint, enchant and protect the cottages.
10. I don't remember excactly - perhaps you have to build one more treehouse and sell it to reach the 120,000 money goal. In the end you have built and sold 3 or 4 treehouses.

posted in Campgrounds on Apr 27, 12 6:40 AM
As far as I've seen; you get gold rating for:
- finishing in gold time (10pt);
- digging up treasures (3pt per treasure).
Perhaps you get gold for shooting monkeys as well; haven't tried it yet, because this first time around I am a goody-goody Eco fanatic.

You get eco rating for:
- the animals you don't kill (I thought it was 3pt per scared away animal);
- not chopping down trees and such.

And furthermore, there are some choices for paths throughout the game; will you choose the money or the birdies/bunnies/butterflies?

posted in Weather Lord on Apr 27, 12 6:04 AM
Same here; freezing and shutting down every few levels. No solutions in acces violation thread.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator