Posts created by Jorie10

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 4:18 AM
I don't understand why the software can't be replaced. I worked in the software industry for 17 years. When one of our products needed to be replaced, it was rewritten and improved. That happened over and over as software showed its age.

If an off-the-shelf version is not ideal, surely a company could be hired to code new forum software.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 5:45 AM
This is the first I've heard about the possible loss of the forums. Thanks for posting about it, pennmom36.

I check various game forums daily for information and updates. Losing the forums would be a tremendous loss, in my opinion.

For me, the information available in the forums is vital when choosing to buy games. The ability to ask for help and to get answers from other gamers is just as vital.

In addition, I believe that the forums have created comaraderie among the gamers. That, in turn, creates loyalty to the BFG site.

I'd rather see the cost of the games increase a bit than to lose the forums. This way, the cost of keeping the forums would be spread among those of us who pay the monthly subscription and those who do not.

Edited to add:
I agree with what Martyheinz wrote in that the forums should be a perk of membership. But, if BFG is financially unable to sustain the forums, I would hope that something else would be done to keep them. It just has to be a fair solution to members.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2 on Feb 7, 18 4:46 AM
No response yet from BFG Customer Service (contacted on Feb5) and no punches showed up. I suspect because the issue impacted a large number of people and that it will take a while to resolve.

Anyone else hear back anything besides the automated email response?

UPDATE:
Received a free PCC this afternoon (Feb7).

As usual, BFG Customer Service is stellar!

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2 on Feb 5, 18 9:14 AM
No bonus punches for 3 PCCs used earlier today. Thought about using another PCC, but saw that my punch card had not changed. Sent a report to customer service.

Sorry to say that I'm glad I'm not alone with this issue.

Thanks to Martyheinz for starting this thread! I came looking just now in case someone else had experienced the issue.

Just an FYI for Win10 users:
I was reluctant to even try the game since my PC runs Win10. But, I have found that I have no tech issues at all. No issue with screen resolution. (Did not have to change a thing.) No lag when loading scenes either.

I recommend Win10 users test for themselves as results may vary. I am glad I did since I am really enjoying this game (SE version).

posted in Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night on Sep 23, 17 12:30 PM
FYI: No tech issues for Win10 for me. No issue with screen resolution, as was reported for the CE version. No lag when loading scenes either. Really enjoying this game!

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 17 10:46 AM
I'm playing the SE on Win10. Had the same issue as SurrealBabe. For me, there was no zoom in on the chest, so there was no way to see the code.

I looked at the walkthrough hoping to find out where to find the code, but that wasn't explained there. It only said to enter a particular number. Came here to the CE forum and found this post.

Thanks so much, sazoria! I can move on knowing that there was no way for me to know that code without being told what it was.

posted in Maze: Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Aug 27, 17 11:15 AM
Once I had finished the game, I had the same issue with the Jigsaw Puzzle. Just got a mostly black screen. All collectibles and morphs had been found.

I exited the game and then restarted it. Went to Extras and clicked on 'Jigsaw Puzzle'. Happily, the Jigsaw Puzzle was then available to play.

It is just a simple puzzle, but I like to fully complete a game, so was happy I could.

posted in Dark Realm: Guardian of Flames Collector's Edition on Aug 24, 17 2:03 PM
Playing the SE.

Same for me. Didn't know I had to use the dragon card. Thanks, sazoria!

posted in Subject 13 on Aug 20, 17 12:52 PM
I am stuck with one yellow square in the Minesweeper game. Every other square is red, green or blue. If I click the yellow square (quick or long click), all the blue squares clear and I have to re-place the eye sphere. I am giving up. I found a link to a YouTube video of the final cut scene and am calling this game DONE.

Absolutely loved the challenge of the game up until the Minesweeper game. The developer really should have included a Skip option for that game. It is huge and to have to constantly restart is a royal pain. I can't believe how much time I wasted on that game!

posted in Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace on Aug 13, 17 11:34 AM
I actually enjoyed this game except for the ending. I felt it needed more. The whole game is about the end goal and I felt it needed more of a wrap-up.

That said, I'm glad I bought it and will definitely play it again.

posted in Occultus: Mediterranean Cabal on Aug 5, 17 9:01 AM
Bought this game as the Daily Deal and am so glad I did. What a gem it is! I just finished it and will definitely re-play it in the future.

My thanks to folks who posted hints/solutions to some of the parts of the game. I did need that info for a couple of places.

The hint system was good as was the 'fast travel'. It is a must to read the diary as one moves through the game as sometimes it contained needed information.

To anyone considering this game, please give it another try. It is definitely not as easy as a lot of the games these days. It is more like the games from years ago where one had to hunt and think more. I really appreciated that.

In my opinion, this is well worth paying full price or using a PCC.

Jorie

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Illusions on Jul 18, 17 1:33 PM
kgustavson wrote:Well that ended rather suddenly. Normally I enjoy this series very much as an SE as I do enjoy the straight-forward gameplay but the extras tend to be rather weak with the CE. But this game just ended with a giant door slam and really no resolution to the story line. Trying to push us to the CE for storyline resolution? Call me disappointed and in the "never again" category.

Ditto!
Ended much too abruptly.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare on Jul 6, 17 9:42 AM
Access Violation as I entered James' room. Could restart the game. Thankfully, no progress was lost.

Windows 10.

Sorry I got the CE version -- even on sale. Nothing in the CE made it worthwhile, IMO.

Really did not like that I could not collect missed collectibles at the end. I had missed one of each type. If anything, an indicator for collectibles on the map would have been great to have. Then I would not have left an area before collecting everything there.

Secret Room was a joke. Replaying the HOPs and puzzles should just be a general part of the bonus features and not be the 'unlocked' Secret Room. I never replay HOPs for puzzles, so the Secret Room was worth nothing for me. IMO, a Secret Room feature should offer something new.

Liked the storyline except for the short and uninspired Bonus Chapter.

Cursor started to go wonky in the Bonus Chapter. Didn't do that for the main game. Coded differently? Don't know.

I just cannot recommend this game as a CE.

Doubtful I will replay this game. In addition to the above, it was overall too easy of a game. So little challenge besides a few good puzzles.

Shame because Mystery Trackers use to be one of my favorite series and I bought this game based on my enjoyment of the past games. Lesson learned.

posted in Darkness and Flame: Missing Memories on Jun 24, 17 1:29 PM
I thought this was a great game and was not ready for it to end. Kept my interest the entire way through it.

I particularly liked the HOPs in this game. Not just random items to find.

Wishing now that I'd bought the CE. Will definitely play this again.

I just finished the Bonus Chapter. I had read that others said it was short, but was definitely surprised by how very short it was! Not worth paying extra for, in my opinion.

As others have mentioned, the collectibles are finished in the main game, so there is nothing extra to find in the Bonus Chapter.

I did like the main game and recommend it. I just wish I'd waited to get the Standard Edition.

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on Jun 2, 17 2:00 PM
Just finished the game. For me, this is probably the worst game I've ever played and I've played a lot over the years. Unfortunately, I cannot leave a game unfinished, so finish it I did. Frankly, for about the last half of the game, I couldn't wait for it to be over. I kept stopping and coming back to the game another day because it was too 'painful' to play for too long.

Poor English really bothered me. Stilted conversations were unpleasant to listen to. Spelling errors in displayed text. Misnamed items. Character name of Jack/Jake changed throughout.

At times, no way to know what needed to be accomplished and some of the actions were very odd.

Small items difficult to find in both HOPs and in scenes.

Disliked the way the Hint pointed out things. Just go directly to the area/item and don't waste my time swirling about.

Never felt so strongly against a game before this. I felt that this game did not go through any QA.

I cannot recommend this game at all.

Just an FYI:
Works fine for me on my fully updated Windows 10.

Maybe the graphics card is the issue rather than the OS? Just a guess.

posted in Black Swan on May 9, 17 12:24 PM
I thought the same thing!

I decided to test the game and ended up buying it. I have run into two Access Violation issues (game froze), but have been able to start the game again and continue to play.

I bought the game because of all the rooms and areas to explore. There are so many! I really like exploring a house and this one has interesting rooms. I also like that the game is challenging. More like the games from years ago.

Some of the puzzles have been thought provoking, but it feels good to conquer them. (At some point, I realized that clicking on the Swan and/or reading the diary gives info about the puzzles.) Thankfully, Skip has worked for the types of puzzles I dislike, such as sliding tiles.

Not a fan of the dark smoke/match the runes, but only having to match 3 each time is bearable.

This game does want you to do things in a particular order. So, if you cannot use an item yet, come back to it later.

I've not yet finished the game, but I am very glad I bought it. It's actually going to go on my Play Again list even if I run into the Ballerina puzzle that so many people reported as having a glitch.

I would label this a 'Gem' of a game despite its flaws. That's why I decided to revisit the forum and post. Well worth the Daily Deal cost, in my opinion.

I am probably 3 hours into the game. Maybe more. Haven't wanted to take a break.

Here's hoping I can complete the game!

Running Windows 10

Update:
Ran into the issue with Red Chair/Ballerina HOP. Could not collect the ballerina without the screen freezing (no Menu/no Inventory displayed). Tried 3 times. Finally just Skipped it when it came to collecting the ballerina candle. Have been able to continue from there.

Update:
Finished the game! Will definitely re-play this in the future and try to avoid the known glitches. There was a lot of good info in the forum that helped a lot.

It definitely became a personal challenge to finish this game in spite of its issues.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator