Posts created by baxterbear

I had that exact same problem not too long ago, but on my PC. I contacted customer support and they were so helpful! They told me to run the game in administrator mode, and you can do that by opening the game folder (wherever it's saved on your iMac. I am not familiar with that operating system). From there:

Double-click the folder "New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition"

Right-click the game's grayed out hidden ".exe" file and select "Run as Administrator"

In the window that comes up, select "Yes" and continue to follow the prompts.

I hope that helps! If not, definitely contact customer support and run a Dr. Felix report to attach. The more information they have, the better.

You have to give it more than a day. I'm sure someone will answer your question.

Same thing has happened to a lot of us. People are suggesting uninstalling and reinstalling. I think it worked for some folks but not for others. I'm in the "Didn't Work" camp. I am two-thirds of the way done, my hint button no longer works and the interactive map isn't telling me anything either. So far no one from tech support has gotten back to me. There's definitely a bug in the game if this is happening to so many people.

Thanks, but I'm way past that part :-(

I finished everything in the laboratory and office in the University. I'm pretty sure I need to go back up to see Bishop, but he's not where he has been for the past several meetings. This is so frustrating. I e-mailed tech support but no one has gotten back to me. I think I need to ask for a refund because I can't continue the game and it's ridiculous to pay for something you can't complete due to a bug. No way am I starting a new profile from the beginning.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm still stuck

I'm not sure what to do or where to go next. I just finished the puzzle in the office where I opened a box and received the third rune for the totem pole. I've gone though three tunnels. All I have left in my inventory is a knife, a gas can, and a funnel. My hint button is no longer working and the map isn't helping me to figure out where to go next. Is this game stuck or am I missing something?

posted in Design This Home on Feb 13, 14 11:04 AM
Not a fan. It's way too slow and requires the use of real money to play. I'd much rather purchase a game outright and have access to everything, rather than download it for free and then have to pay to advance.

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist on May 7, 12 12:57 PM
I agree about the long pause.

I also thought the ending was terrible. I hate when games just end abruptly.

I didn't even think to do that. Thanks!

Does anyone know if and when this is going to be released as a regular version? I didn't like the demo enough to buy the CE but still would like to use a game credit towards the regular version.

As a longtime fan of Mystery Case Files games, I was eagerly awaiting the release of Escape from Ravenhearst. Within five minutes of playing the demo version, I decided I was incredibly disappointed. Since five minutes isn't enough time to make a valid judgement, I continued to play through the demo. I was still disappointed. First, there's not much of a story line to follow. Second - where are the hidden objects? I am not a fan of the morphing items, unless they're used in a mini-game or as an extra, as in some of the other MCF games.

I'm so sad to say that I will not be purchasing either of the full versions of this game.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 12, 11 8:34 PM
I'm having the same problem. I just e-mailed technical support and hope they get back to me. I told them I wasn't interested in starting the game over (I don't think it's interesting enough to have to start from the beginning) and asked if there is a way to fix this. If not, I will be asking for a refund.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 28, 11 8:41 AM
Where is the mine?

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 27, 11 8:35 PM
Hi Fishies,

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm so frustrated with this game, I want to throw my computer out the window.

In my inventory, I have a pen, kerosene, a crowbar, a few angels and a photo plate. I have been back and forth between all the scenes and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what I'm supposed to do next. No HOGs are sparkling, and nothing I'm clicking on is working. The strategy guide is USELESS.

Thanks in advance.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 27, 11 8:32 PM
@Snapnhiss: I'm having a super-hard time with this game too. So much so, that I'm ready to demand my money back for the collector's edition that I just bought. I am completely stuck, and nothing I'm doing or clicking on is helping. The hint button is useless, as it highlights things to do, even if you don't have the items you need to do it. This game needs a walkthrough, for sure.

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition on Apr 24, 11 3:15 PM
I loved the game as well, but I'm wondering if the original poster was disappointed in the ending, as I was. There was no story - just a short animation and then, done! That was the only part I felt could have been better. Otherwise, I thought it was a great game with beautiful graphics and a storyline that made me want to find out what happened next!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 21, 11 11:48 AM
It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you've played. Have you played all of the Mystery Case Files games? The older ones are very basic, but lots of fun. The Dream Day series is cute too - the graphics aren't as good as MCF, but they are entertaining.

posted in Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape on Jan 17, 11 7:07 PM
Hi Fishies!

Maybe someone can help me with this: Why is it, that when I find a Slingo machine but don't meet the goal and quit the game, I have to start over from the beginning? Meaning - I have to redo the whole stupid chapter just to get back to the Slingo machine. This is especially frustrating since I'm at the 700,00 point machine. I don't have the time and energy to sit here and play until I win. I haven't met the goal yet, but every time I quit and come back to it, I have to play the mini games and HOGs again. I hope I'm just dopey and missing something....but if not, I doubt I'll ever purchase another game like this again.

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice!

posted in Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape on Jan 16, 11 7:09 PM
Dear Developers,

Isn't this Maggie chick supposed to solve Fortune Slingo so she can get off the sinking ship? Well, guess what? YOU KILLED HER! You made this game so frustratingly impossible that the ship has long sunk with poor Maggie desperately trying to finish the game. Way to go!

Sincerely,
BaxterBear

posted in Dream Day True Love on Dec 11, 10 6:50 AM
Oh man, this one is driving me nuts! I keep winding up with one patch left that I can't fill because all four colors are touching it. I just ran out of time I think I have to concentrate on filling areas that have four corners touching them first. I'm hoping that strategy works. I can't skip the puzzle because, silly me, I started the game in Soul Mates mode. I like the HOG aspect of this game but the other little games I can definitely do without!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator