Posts created by Moontan

posted in Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life on Jun 28, 15 1:20 PM
Without giving details, did anyone else find the ending a bit lacking in substance? I know I'm a bit late to the table on this one, but I had bought it a while back and somehow life intervened and I got distracted and never played it. Just finished it a few minutes ago.

posted in Vampire Saga: Break Out on Sep 25, 13 7:01 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm a little confused.

Break Out was the third game to come out, right? But it takes place /before/ the second one in game timeline? I'm also wondering if it's likely another one will come out to explain away some of the holes between the three.

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Sep 23, 13 7:07 PM
Any luck finding more?

This is the second in a series, do you have the one before and the one after?

If not, what is the other one you own?

I've gotten a bunch, so if you're still interested, I can give you a list of all the ones I've found so far.

posted in Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box on Sep 23, 13 12:24 AM
Can you see an island yet off of the bow of the ship?

posted in Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box on Sep 22, 13 4:22 PM
I've checked all these locations; even using the hints, but the last key is gone. Could my game be glitched?

posted in Vampire Secrets: Eternal Love on Sep 22, 13 12:29 AM
I'm just curious when the next part of the game is likely to come out. I hate to leave a game unfinished.

posted in Vampire Secrets: Eternal Love on Sep 22, 13 12:24 AM
While I agree with a lot of the critique on this one, the thing that really disappoints me about this game is that it's a 'to be continued...'

The scenes themselves are beautifully done, IMO, but the 'animated' part looks about the same as an old Scooby Doo cartoon. A bit of the interface is clunky, though it's a bit refreshing to see that I don't actually have to worry about an inventory and try to find what object goes with what other objects.

But all this could be looked past if it was a single game. Too many games here are incomplete.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Sep 21, 13 11:31 AM
I plan on spending no money on this, but I don't know how long that will last. I have a very impatient 4 year old.

Wish me luck.

posted in Animal Genius on Sep 21, 13 10:38 AM
I'm having this same issue also, which I posted on another thread, but thought I should add it here as well to be sure. I tried a LOT of different names and variations on names. I've been on MMOs that were easier to get names on.

posted in Animal Genius on Sep 21, 13 10:33 AM
I would love to try this game, but it seems that EVERY name I could think of has been used. I think, if it has online connection, that it needs servers or something, because I was getting pretty creative and this is getting a bit ridiculous.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Apr 8, 13 9:59 AM
I've been tracking down these recipes and each time someone gave me a recipe it showed up in my inventory. But when I talked to the miner to get it from his wife, Olga, nothing showed up.

Has this happened to anyone else? If not, can someone tell me which recipe he gives you?

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Apr 8, 13 9:55 AM
Any idea on numbers for this?

posted in The Promised Land on Mar 9, 13 7:32 PM
opiesmom wrote:I finished the temple opening (sorry no tips I had to use the skip button on the last puzzle, I watched all the credits,Chose to continue and played for about 5 more minutes but nothing new happened. Has anyone found new tasks?

I know. I thought it was a bit misleading myself. I was hoping for a secondary adventure.

I hope it's an actual allusion to a sequel.

*crosses fingers*

posted in Dracula: The Path of the Dragon - Part 1 on Aug 14, 11 3:30 PM
Whenever I look at zoom in objects, so far, they come up as a grainy, black and white, distorted screen. I'm just at the beginning of the game, and I can't read the letter on my desk or look at the book in the lounge properly.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

posted in Vampire Mansion: A Linda Hyde Mystery on Aug 2, 11 9:49 AM
Alright, here it goes. I'm on the very first puzzle of the game and I can't even figure out how to get the last piece into the camera. I have the flash and the telescopic lense put in, but I don't even know WHAT the last piece there is called. o_O

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 11 7:40 AM
I have to agree with the Natalie Portman. In fact, I spent a few minutes just staring at the graphic of her. I wonder if it was subconsicous or the artist did that deliberately. I know sometimes people draw a person and then realize /after/ the fact that they look familiar.

To be honest I never saw Brad Pitt in Dracula, but I do like how he looks and sounds. As 318Pisces said, "He can bite me anytime." That being said, there did seem to be something familiar about him. In his drawn graphic at anyhow; the animated one seemed a little less familiar.

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 11 7:35 AM
I have to start out by saying I'm quite biased because I AM a fan of the vampire genre, and I like the game's take on Dracula and Van Helsing. Igor was obviously thrown in for a mix of comic relief and an homage to the older movies, which I can accept gracefully even if he sort of detered from the storyline IMO.

Anyhow, I did play the first game, Origin, which I loved. I also loved this one. The fact that it was HOG instead of a more classic adventure didn't bother me one jot or tittle. In fact, since it was from another PoV, it sort of made sense, in a meta-gaming sort of way. I loved the voices, though I'll have to go back and play Origin again to see if they're the same. While I don't know what a medieval Transylvanian accent tempered by time and experience sounds like...I'm sure most other people don't either, so I can't criticize the voice acting too much.

I loved the plot and the fact that making different choices actually changes the bonus content a little. Sweet! The puzzles come from a wide variety, though some of them are pretty par for the course in this sort of game.

One tiny issue I had was when Van Helsing compared Italian architecture to the British with a sort of snobbery. But...he's not even British! He's from Amsterdam I believe. Oh well.

If one is a fan of vampires, I'd definitley get this. If you don't like vampires, you might still like it, but I won't try to sell you on it.

posted in Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss on Mar 11, 11 9:21 PM
I wouldn't call this crap, per se. Let's just say that I think I could write a better story line. And that's saying a lot since I don't profess to be a great writer at all. But the story was so transparent and it felt really forced. The characters came up with really lame reasons to do the Hidden Object Scenes. It was as if no one was really taking it seriously. Also, the main character fell too quickly and completely for the male vampire protagonist. Then again, that might just be the flavor of vampire stories these days. Who knows?

The graphics, sound, and mini games were fine. If there had been more depth to the story surrounding it, I would have been far more impressed. I would almost say that the work on the appearance of the game was wasted on such a vague and unsatisfying story.

posted in Soul Journey on Mar 11, 11 9:08 PM
I've bought this game but my monitor doesn't seem to like it. It flashes some warning in a blue box and doesn't go back to normal until I exit out of the game. I've never, ever seen a game do that before. Any suggestions?

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Mar 11, 11 9:02 PM
I love having the odd twist ending. Makes for a much better story and I feel that all games are more worth while if the endings all differ.

Though I have to agree that the picture with him and the sister didn't make much sense.

As much as I liked the twist ending, I do with the ending scene had been a bit longer. All I can surmise is that she attacked him and went ashore and they got her after they got him. He saw the items that belonged to her and started to slowly remember her, but didn't remember everything until she woke up and screamed. Though goodness knows how she managed to keep that knife all the way through...

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone who only likes happy endings. As for other players, I would definitely give this one a go.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator