Posts created by Voice_Mail

vingilot wrote:Mac, 10.6.8 - Puzzle with the green and blue marbles - I solved it but nothing happened. Game only accepts the solution from the SG. If there's more than one solution, then all solutions should be able to solve the puzzle.

Me too. Kind of silly that I can't solve the puzzle and have to follow the Strategy Guide just to continue.

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Aug 24, 15 7:18 AM
I have the latest version, but still had audio problems. The sound started going out of sync, then the dialogue disappeared altogether. This is only in the demo. I'm now unsure if it's worth a purchase. The game looks interesting, and I want to continue with the story, but not if the full game is still plagued with bugs.

Anyone know if it's working properly?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 4:11 PM
I saw all the reviews on the game's page, and they looked well... Bad. A lot of people were saying that the game didn't have the charm or quality of previous MCF games. I really enjoyed Dire Grove (probably my favourite of the series) and The 13th Skull, so I was excited when I saw this game was released in the newsletter.

But now after reading a lot of the reviews, it seems like I will be disappointed...

Is the game really that bad?

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 11 3:09 PM
Just downloaded the trial of the collectors edition (mac version) yesterday, but when I play, black lines are constantly flashing across the screen, and occassionally half the screen appears as black, rendering the game unplayable.

Has anyone else been having this problem, and if so, how do you fix it? ): This game looks interesting, and I would like to be able to play it.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on Nov 1, 11 2:26 AM
I got through the main game no problem, but now I'm playing the bonus chapter. I just was in the fog producing room. I picked up the valve, and backed out as far as the room with the diving suit, then the game just returned me to the main menu, no error or anything. I clicked on 'resume' to keep playing, and it put me back at the start of the bonus chapter...

Has anyone managed to finish the bonus content all the way through? ):

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 23, 11 3:07 AM
Beautiful game. I loved this first two, and this is a great prequel. The artwork is just as great as the others in the series. The puzzle design was great, and all of them were fun and interesting to solve. Music is fitting, too.

Can't wait for more from this series. : D

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Sep 22, 11 12:44 PM
I'm having a problem previously stated here, where I can't get past the beach after rescuing the girl from the cave. I'm on a Mac, so I don't get the Windows error, but as soon as I try to get past the beach on the way to the lighthouse, it freezes and crashes every time...

posted in Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost on Sep 2, 11 2:34 AM
My saucepan full of water is stuck with the description of 'unknown item', and I'm unable to use it. :/ Is there anyway to fix this glitch without having to restart the game?

posted in The Fool on Aug 7, 11 12:28 AM
I quite enjoyed this game. The artwork looks beautiful, and it had lovely cutscenes. All the puzzles were fun, and where to progress made sense without being too obvious. The game also had a sense of humour, which I enjoyed. The only thing I wish was that it was a little bit longer...

And I felt bad hurting the dragon. Hehe.

posted in Cats Inc on Jul 20, 11 3:45 AM
On level 13 of the first world/stage the pink present that you need to use to press the button flashes and disappears if you go near the wall...

And sometimes the cats just don't move and/or jump and you have to restart the level in order to continue.

I think that this game needs a few patches. ):

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on Jun 8, 11 11:56 PM
Yeah, the number that is coming up on the screen doesn't open the box either... I guess I'll just have to let the game run and choose 'skip'. ):

I enjoyed this game. The setting reminded me a bit of Green Hills too, but the story is definitely different. You did get to collect case files like in Green Hills though - and each opened a cut scene. I thought the cut scenes looked good, voice acting was also good. And the graphics looked great too.

I played through on advanced mode, and it was definitely more of a challenge. I did have to use the walkthrough a couple of times because I had missed some things such as (spoiler?) a puzzle that was hidden under a pillow, so there was a bit of backtracking for me. Playing on advanced mode is definitely more fun, and I was a little bit sad that the bonus chapter apparently could only be played in Standard mode (that I could find?). However, the bonus chapter is long and well worth it. Plus it hints that there is going to be another game at the end. Haha.

The **** scenes were nice, and I especially liked the ones where you had to put objects into specific places in the scenes. The puzzles throughout the game were also enjoyable and not too frustrating or anything.

There are also trophies (in the form of medals) to earn, which adds some replay value.

So I would recommend this for anyone not put off by the WWI/ experimentation subject matter.

posted in Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story on Apr 11, 11 8:07 PM
I played through the hour demo, and the game was alright, but I don't think I would buy it unless it went on sale. I played it on Expert/Challenge (can't remember what it was called) but it wasn't as hard as I was hoping. I liked how you had to look in drawers, etc during the hidden object scenes, but I found that the puzzles weren't that hard, and that you didn't get to do enough moving around yourself - mostly just stuck in small areas. I prefer it when you get to explore things yourself, and get to keep going back to places to solve puzzles over the course of the game, etc.

The graphics were ok, but not really to my taste (not a fan of 3D graphics in these sorts of games), but the translations weren't that great. I think that they need a native English speaker to do some proof-reading for them.

posted in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past on Apr 6, 11 6:32 PM
I quite enjoyed this game. The graphics were decent, music was good. I just wish there had maybe been one more past life to explore... Other than that, the stories were interesting, and I really liked the way you had to collect items, and keep going back and forth between locations in order to solve puzzles etc. All the 'mini game' type puzzles were also good. Not too easy, not too hard. ...Though I did skip one - the sliding puzzle of the ribcage. I'm just really bad at sliding puzzles for some reason. xD;

Anyway, would definitely recommend.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Mar 3, 11 7:32 PM
I greatly enjoyed this game. Beautiful art, nice voice acting and interesting characters. The story was good, and I really wanted to keep playing to find out what was going on/ who was doing what/ where people were etc. etc.

This game had a lot of charm, puzzles were fun, liked being able to go back and forth to find items in order to solve puzzles. Had a good balance of puzzles and hidden object scenes, and the hidden objects weren't annoying to find - nothing ridiculously small etc. Also liked how each scene changed a bit when you went back to it - added to the suspense a bit (like someone is moving things around, messing around behind your back. O: )

The hints recharged in a good amount of time. And I liked being able to refer to her book for a list of tasks that I had to complete, as well as the map. The casette tapes were also a nice touch. Really added to the story - very creepy.

Would definitely recommend this game. : D

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Mar 3, 11 7:27 PM
I bought this because I really enjoyed Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy (this is the prequel for it, sort of) and was sorely disappointed. This game was a let down compared to the Asylum Conspiracy, and I didn't really have fun with it...

The characters seemed a bit 2-dimensional, the graphics just weren't that nice, and there were way too many hidden object scenes, and not enough puzzles. The story was also a bit lackluster after Asylum Conspiracy, especially because I had some idea of what was going on after playing that game.

Some of the hidden objects were a bit stupid too... For example there was a scene where I had to find a 'bird'. In the scene there was a: penguin, owl, eagle, crow and seagull. Apparently the only one of those that is a bird is a seagull. :|

I guess you could buy it if it was on sale.. But otherwise, just get the newer Nightfall Mysteries. It is a far better game.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Feb 16, 11 12:08 AM
Quite a good game. The story was well written, there were lots of good puzzles, and there's plenty of play time - I think it took me just over 5 hours to beat. The acting was permissible, though the accents made me laugh (though I can't take American southern accents seriously), and the cleaning lady (I forget her name...) had a really terrible wig... At least I hope it was a wig.

Overall, very good gameplay, and would recommend.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Feb 15, 11 11:59 PM
Really enjoyed this game. Decent enough story, but my favourite part was the art work. This game looks absolutely amazing - I love that the artists haven't taken short cuts. The voice acting is also very good (which is surprising, I've heard some terrible voice actors...).

I liked that you could switch between hidden object mode or match-3 gameplay in the HOG scenes - it kept it interesting and stopped an possible boredom while playing the game.

Puzzles weren't too hard - I was able to get through all of them with no skip. There are lots of trophies to collect, so I'll definitely be playing through again - might have a go at the extreme mode.

There's also more replay value in the collectors as you can play any of the HOG scenes or match-3s again in the extras section, and earn ratings for those.

Also enjoyed the soundtrack and especially all the concept artwork - the artwork is so stand out in this game.

Also includes an epilogue chapter, detailed character profiles and wallpapers.

Would recommend this game, and the collectors edition was definitely worth it.

posted in Lost in the City on Feb 9, 11 5:10 PM
Bought this on the daily deal, because I thought it looked interesting. I really enjoyed it. There wasn't any pure Hidden Object scenes, which I prefer, instead you just had to find objects you needed in the rooms you were in. The graphics were a little bit outdated, but ok.

The best part of this game is the story. It was interesting, original and suspenseful. And I found I actually cared about the characters, what happened to them, and what was going to happen to them.

Has interesting puzzles (though not too hard), would definitely recommend playing on timed mode. The length is good and once again, the story is great.

posted in Doors of the Mind: Inner Mysteries on Feb 6, 11 2:55 PM
Yeah, I'm having this same problem, too. :/

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator