Posts created by STL531

posted in Doors of the Mind: Inner Mysteries on Mar 13, 10 2:40 PM
No joke... I was literally on the last scene of the final day by the time my hour trial ran out. Based on the walkthrough, I probably could have finished the game in less than five more minutes. I probably used a total of five hints on hidden objects and no hints/skips on the mini-games. Definitely won't be buying...

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Mar 4, 10 3:12 PM
The map also disappears if you are zoomed in on something... I noticed this particularly when I was looking inside the car in the old shed. I had to back out from looking at the car before I could use the map.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Mar 4, 10 3:11 PM
At one point you'll find something written by Rhiannon's dad which says he's given her the code to the workshop. If you look at the MP3 player in the study downstairs and flip through the songs, you'll find out what that means...

*highlight for further info*

The MP3 player has the song "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac on it. The time of the song is the code to the workshop lock.

*end spoiler*

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 3, 10 8:04 PM
aislingyngaio wrote:Eh, really? IMO the chests are just an easter egg for players to have fun with. Not to be confused with the Easter Eggs laid by the Easter Bunny

Well I'd take your word over anyone else's... but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what you guys come up with next!

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 3, 10 5:32 AM
Actually I think that's how you get to the area with the starbell flowers. To get to the beanstalks you have to go down the stairs that are sort of to the left in the first main area you get to from the entrance to the caves. If you need a map there is one on the Amaranth Games website under "Community" --> "Village Square" --> in "The Lost Orb" forum.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 2, 10 2:32 PM
Thanks, that makes sense... I just keep finding out more and more about the different variations the game has for different quests. It's really impressive how much thought has been put into it.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 2, 10 10:28 AM
You have to use a bomber bird egg... which means you have to find the bomber bird, bring it back to Moo Hatchery, and then get an egg. There should have been a conversation about using the egg, I think.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 1, 10 3:00 PM
Gamerlaurie wrote:don't think this one got completed on my game. I did release the guy from the Jail, I did go tell the jailer about Gwendal, I did Get the Golden Frog later from the guy that got out of jail, but when I went back to the town, they were at a GRAVE for Gwendal....Hmmmmmm.....She died? I must be confused.....Do I still need to go find Edgar? and set him up?

I haven't seen this happen, but I'm guessing it's that the maids went ahead and poisoned her. Mel had interrupted them and told them she could bring the old lady to justice, but if she doesn't follow through, that must be what happens. Interesting alternate outcome! (And probably you can't do anything with Edgar anymore, since he was just a means to get to the real thief.)

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 1, 10 2:57 PM
Nope... the only sort of new thing is the Reaper Express that goes between Underhill and Ghed'ahre, but it's pretty much the same as city-hopping (except a much further distance).

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 1, 10 8:42 AM
A couple of suggestions if you're still stuck...

1) (As a general rule)... if you stick to a plan of going always on the right or left wall, you can work systematically to find your way out.

2) If you need extra help, there are now maps posted on the game creator's website. If you google "Amaranth Games" it should be the first thing that pops up, and then make your way to the "Community", then "Village Square" then the forum for this game, and you should be able to find it (sorry, can't post links to other websites).

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 28, 10 1:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't open any of the chests in there (even the blue ones you have a key for)... but I've seen it hinted at in other forums that maybe you will get to in a future game in the series.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 28, 10 1:16 PM
What cities have you been to?

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 27, 10 4:27 PM
That's interesting... do you know the reasoning behind changing that?

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 27, 10 10:32 AM
eliwin1021 wrote:but it takes you there automatically after smashing the orb... then the game ends so you can't look for them

No... you actually have to walk yourself to the library after the orb is smashed. Or at least I had to.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 25, 10 7:30 PM
If you mean a lock pick for the Blue Chests (which is what was used in previous Aveyond games, I think), there isn't one this time... the "treasure key" opens the Blue Chests. There should have been some in the room where the giant crab was.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 25, 10 6:17 PM
A lot of people (including me) missed seeing that there are stairs behind the life crystal thing (on the back wall behind the crystal, both to the right and to the left of it... they go to the same place, though).

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 25, 10 6:15 PM
veronique875 wrote:the place in Harakuana is the alchemist shop.

Yes I understood that... I just thought from ChiChiMon's post that there must be somewhere else to make potions if they had found the recipe but couldn't do it in Harakauna. I guess what they meant was that they found it out outline but hadn't actually been able to do it in the game. Thanks to SeverineSnape for the explanation as to what's going on!

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 25, 10 3:28 PM
She is in a big house in sort of the southwest quadrant of Peliad, right below the garden. There is a mailbox outside with her name on it. Unless Edward is with you, though, she will be sleeping when you go there and you'll have to go back later.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 25, 10 12:10 PM
In the library in Peliad... top floor.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 25, 10 12:08 PM
I think you should have had some sort of discussion among your characters show up after the mermaid asks for fruit salad in which they say they should go visit the mouse chef in Tyobi.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator