Posts created by OrionsRose

posted in Mahjong Towers Eternity™ on May 13, 15 2:53 PM
Is there any way to download a whole bunch of new layouts at once or do I have to do each one manually by selecting it for play?

I've been noticing this on many other game pages too, but this one is virtually all locked, even the reviews thread. Locks used to come out only for violations or mudslinging but I haven't seen much of that to explain what's going on with all these game forum pages. It's become very confusing around the pond in the past year. Does anyone know why so many forums look like this?

posted in Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition on Dec 20, 14 5:25 PM
I've always bought my Delicious games from the devs (as probably most of us Delicious super-fans have) and gotten the Premium Edition with the extra levels which usually contained 50-60 levels along with some other bonus stuff sometimes. Now I finally have the option to buy the game from BF (yay!) but I want to make sure this edition really is the fullest possible edition.
So could someone please tell me exactly how many levels there are to this CE and what other bonuses are included?
And if anyone knows, is this the exact same edition that's being offered by the original Delicious game site?

Thanks!

posted in Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition on Oct 3, 14 10:15 PM
I'm having the same issue (I had it on the first Ranch Rush too) and it hasn't cleared up by week 6 (in the first game it does clear up after week 1).

I've owned this game for many years and it worked perfectly on Win XP so I suspect it's an issue related to later versions of Windows. I'm currently trying to run it on Win7. It is very annoying and it's destroying the joy I used to have for this game.

posted in Ranch Rush on Sep 24, 14 3:14 PM
I know this is an old game but I know it's also still for sale and says it's compatible with newer systems running Win 7 and 8.
I bought it years ago and it's a favorite but now having to move forward on a newer system (so long XP) the game isn't running very nicely.
I just put it on my Win 7 computer and while it will run, it's jumpy and flashy, especially when you link actions for the speed bonus or when you try to move things around. It certainly isn't the joy it used to be. As I said, it's a favorite and I can't bear the thought that this wonderful game will fall by the wayside as technology plows ahead.
My computer system is in good working order and as up to date as I know to make it but as it's an old game, so is there anything I can do to make it run more smoothly?
And any advice for running it on Win 8? The devs say it won't work but it's listed as compatible on the game page here.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess IV on Aug 20, 14 11:04 AM
I'll start by saying that this series has been one of my very favorites for many years. I wanted so badly to love this game. I had been so looking forward to it. The unfortunate fact is I'm hating this one. I'm finding myself angry when I try to play it and I'm not having any fun. I am very disappointed.

I'm so tired of devs taking wonderful games and changing what made them wonderful in future offerings. All these new "features" are often quite awful. Change for the sake of change usually doesn't make things better devs!!!

What I love about this game...
Not much this time! The artwork/graphics and music are nice though as always.

How do I hate it...let me count the ways!
1) you click to start but you don't actually start until you click a second time, meanwhile you have to listen to the voice berate you for taking too long to begin

2) takes multiple times to do virtually everything (you think you're done but nope, you have to do it again, and again); sure they give you enough time to do it but that's not really the point, it's the aggravation and repetativeness that's annoying and you can't create a strategy to manage time or resources which I sort of thought was the point of a game like this

3) the constant voice scolding you (I realize this one has been off and on with the series) - the voice is very nice for the narration but I don't like being scolded constantly during gameplay

4) the constant distractions of "information" that take your eyes off the game but don't pause it (so you miss things or lose time)

5) what's the point in building a dragonette attack tower if it doesn't really take care of them and you still can't get your workers to come out and work?!

There are more but I'm stopping with 5 as that's more than enough when this game could have been wonderful instead of terrible. Not sure I'll even bother finishing it.

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 14 12:07 PM
The Royal Envoy series is one of my top favorites and I'd say I'm pretty good at them. While it's definitely a challenge I've never had too much trouble with all the expert levels until now. This time around I'm nearly pulling my hair out some of them are so hard and frustrating. Is anyone else finding them tougher than usual? I'm not really having much fun anymore and for the very first time I'm considering not completing the game.
Add to that half my clicks don't seem to work so the timing is always getting messed up. Maybe that's a tech issue as none of the previous games had a problem (and I just completed Campaign for the Crown so I know it's not me or my mouse) but it's sure adding to the annoyance factor.

*Note to devs* A challnge is nice but these games are supposed to be fun!

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on Jul 15, 14 11:40 AM
I've had the same weird disappearing level issue a few others have mentioned.
I made it through the main game fine and was on the first bonus island when I took a minute to get up for a drink in between levels. I sat back down and without any prompting from me the game suddenly shut down and I was back at the BFG manager. When I got back into the game the next available level was missing and I watched the animation jump to the next level instead as it does when you complete a previous level.
Thankfully, I went out of the game and came back in and the missing level had appeared again and I've been able to play through that island.

posted in Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition on Jun 22, 14 10:17 PM
This worked great! Thank you!

posted in Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition on Jun 21, 14 11:32 PM
I flatly refused to shoot the animals and I was extremely annoyed that the SG only has that as the suggested way to get gold on many levels. Like others, I expected a game that was so focused on the environment to give me a reasonable chance of getting gold if I chose the "scare" route rather than being forced to "shoot" them. Oh, and the goofy shooting sound doesn't make the idea of shooting an animal any less vulgar devs! Being forced to "salvage" the large trees at times didn't thrill me either. Such a departure from the first game.
Anyway, thanks to a lot of patience and some really good advice here I managed to get all gold without shooting any animals just like cstdenis. It can be done (don't give up!), if only the devs had thought to put those kinds of solutions in the SG and perhaps give a smidge more time so it can be done without going insane, it would have been much more enjoyable.

I know this is just a game but the whole time difference for scaring and shooting is actually totally off if you think about it too...shooting should require time to deal with a body, that has to take more time than scaring!

posted in Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition on Jun 21, 14 11:13 PM
Thank you so much!
I never thought of building a villa. I did one with 2 stars (it bumped the income up enough to be able to produce the 1200 supplies almost every time) and finally got gold just in the nick of time.
I also released the mine workers as soon as the left bridge was built so there would be enough builders for the chaos of 4 tents being built at the end. I think I had 9 guys in total.
It's a very clicky, timing-has-to-be-just-right level, but I guess a lot of them have been.

Thank you so much Maureenrm! Yours was the best advice yet!
I've tried this level at least 20 times the way the SG says and couldn't get it before Day 19 but with your method I got it just before the end of Day 16 (it got chaotic and I messed up a bit or I might have gotten it even sooner).
Anyway, I so appreciate you posting the tennis court method as it obviously worked for several of us!

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Jun 13, 14 12:06 AM
Pretty pathetic...I finally downloaded this game more than 6 months after it was supposedly fixed and nope...having the same issue as pretty much everyone else here, Warehouse level 3 never being accepted as upgraded. I guess the game never really finishes because of that so...game's a dud. A shame too, it had so much potential.

posted in Moai: Build Your Dream on Jul 17, 13 10:04 AM
Clearly the devs (and by extension BFG) have no interest in their customers or we'd have a fix for all the clicking by now. I usually have tremendous respect for BFG but if they won't demand a fix for their customers I can only think they don't care. They know their demographic even if the dev doesn't and they know a lot of us live with chronic pain...all this mindless (and frankly purposeless) clicking has completely ruined what might have been a good game (well, if we ignore the sexist aspect ).

BFG and devs - Please listen to us...this game hurts to play! Please fix the endless, painful clicking!
It would still be a lot (maybe too much for some still) but maybe 1 click for blue ghosts, 2 for red, and 2 or 3 for purple? At least that would make the game still make sense but not totally destroy us.

posted in Moai: Build Your Dream on Jul 4, 13 10:00 PM
This could have been a good game as it's a somewhat different take on the time/resource management genre and it's a fun setting, but the ghosts ruin it. Their very presence is bad enough (why do all these games have to have them?!) but when I'm in pain after a level from trying to deal with them the game stops being fun.
I'm already in chronic pain...MANY of us who play games are! We don't need something that's supposed to be enjoyable be the cause of MORE pain. Using a mouse is already not great for many of us but these games that require incessant clicking are absolutely terrible.
Please devs, if you must put these annoying ghosts, etc. in the games, at least make them go away with a single click. Have some respect for us and don't add to our already pain-filled lives.
As others have said, pay attention to your demographics.
The weak, scantily women that seem to be present in all too many games are an insult to women of the world and definitely to a lot of your target audience here. Enough already with the acting like 12-year-old boys while making these games. Devs are talented people, we respect that, but we're tired of you guys making us feel disrespected by your treatment of women in games.

posted in Weather Lord: Hidden Realm on Jun 30, 13 3:37 PM
Will I lose my progress if I uninstall the game and then re-install the update?

Edit: I'll answer my own question...after the re-install I seem to have kept my progress.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 15, 13 9:10 AM
Finally experiencing the kitchen career glitch I've seen others refer to. My character never ever finishes a work cycle and there's never the message that he's earned some money. However, if I leave the game he does progress and earn money.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 15, 13 9:01 AM
You think one is bad kayette? Try triplets who looked like that! And bratty to boot. Glad that generation is over! But I did finally get the trophy for triplets so I guess it wasn't all bad.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 8, 13 4:39 PM
Wow, that's a lot of assumptions.
Assumptions about me (my race and my knowledge of the world).
Assumptions about how easy programing is.
Assumptions about a company's intentions and opinions.

I'm sorry you found so many things to feel offended about. Perhaps you should take this up with the devs if you feel they have intentionally set out to exclude.

I was just defending what I truly believe to be a well-intentioned company.

Have a nice day.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 8, 13 1:57 PM
My understanding is they only show up when there is maintenance to do, otherwise you won't see them but they are still working for you until you choose to fire them.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator