Posts created by vicalana

nomatt wrote:Downloaded very quickly, was playing within 5 minutes. My first impression is I don't like the graphics. They are too colourful for me, everything looks very artificial. A beautiful young girl on the front screen but when the view pulls back! what's wrong with her legs? last time I saw legs like that they were pulling a cart!
I thought the difficulty options were poor at first as it seems if you don't want sparkles you have to loose the hint button. There is another option though where you can turn sparkles off for everything, nice. I can't make my mind up though, it seems very formalistic and so very like so many other games, same game model, just different pictures. It just didn't grab me. I'm sure plenty will love it though but not for me.

Me too. I hate frogs, but I have enjoyed blue tea games. Trouble is, by the end I'm getting tired. I agree they are beautifully done. But I do think same old, same old. I am SURE i am spoiled rotten.

posted in Castle: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover on May 21, 13 9:33 AM
EagleWolf wrote:WOW! I just finished this game and it is one of the best I have played in a very long time (besides The Princess Case: A Royal Scoop). I give it a 10 or 20! This game kept my interest from start to finish, is much much better than the James Patterson series and was a lot of fun.

I am so tired of the dark ones (Hidden Object) that keep coming and coming in long lines of negativity and not so fun games. I have thought of just plain giving up on Big Fish Games after trying a long string of this type. But I see reviews from others who feel the same way, so I keep hope alive that there will be a good mixture each week. I know lots of folks like games that have terror and twisted minds and all manner of mahem and weirdness. Just like some people like the same in movies. But I really want to enjoy and relax with quality themes. Yes, there are murders in Castle Never Judge...but it is not focused on the macabre or
making you sit in terror of what happens next...

The Castle game is supposed to have another one behind this...I hope it is soon.
I have started playing the games I bought that are sweeter, nicer fun types and finding something a little lacking in comparison, but better than the current fare.

Totally agree

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 20, 13 7:06 AM
I wanted to like this one. It's so rare to get a decent SE. But eventually the jagged edges wore me down. Just not very pleasant to look at. There was so much toing and froing at the beginning that I lost interest.

posted in Family Tales: The Sisters on May 20, 13 6:51 AM
Thank you from me too!!

posted in Castle: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover on May 11, 13 6:56 AM
Really kind of you - thanks!

posted in Castle: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover on May 6, 13 12:52 PM
Loved it. No bells/whistles/morphs. Just a good solid game.

posted in Mysteries of the Undead on Apr 30, 13 1:38 PM
Dire. Totally dire.

cbtx wrote:Well, just about 3 hours until this forum is no longer the current game----hmmm----and ERS posts their first and only comment. (which is very similar to their ballyhoo regarding the game on their home page).
No replies, no answers to questions, nothing----just a repeat of what occurred in the Redemption Cemetery forum.
Oh, well, if anyone understands repetition, it's ERS.

Totally agree - I loved the first 3 EAP games, but haven't bought ERS games for ages. Maybe as a DD. But they are so same old - always beautiful though! I thought it was funny that in the achievements I had certificates for help in the previous 4 games, but I didn't bother with the 4th one.

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 13 8:30 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I'm in the UK, using W7, started download at 08.09 (9 minutes after it became available) and now, 2 hours and 10 minutes later, it has downloaded a whole whopping 17% of the trial.

The good news is that I got to play Masque of the Red Death finally at 19.30, (it had timed out sometime during the day) played it for 15 mins and deleted! Tomorrows Game Today is morphing into Todays Game Today, soon, if these downloads don't improve, it might well become YGT.

I'm beginning to give up on TGT too

angelfish106 wrote:Have to agree with cbtx, twins, barbee and cathy; I got so bored with this game I didn't even finish the demo. It's all just the same old ERS package played a dozen times before. Yes the graphics are lovely and now I get widescreen coverage it does make the game far more attractive. But that isn't enough; there really is no challenge to these games. Even in advanced mode it was so simple to follow, the cat could have played it by him/herself.

Taking photos to use as wallpapers? No thanks. I never keep any game wallpapers; I like the one I use (Titanic) and have no desire to change it. Fortunately you can skip this slightly tedious aspect of the game. I don't know about playing with the cat since I just ignored all attempts to get me to go to the office. I've never seen the point of adding this to a game anyway.

It's unlikely I'll get even the SE of this game. Not challenging or different enough for me.

Me too. And I loved the first 3 EAP games.

tj1147 wrote:It is kind of sad when it takes longer to download a game than to play it.

Love it!! And yes, I'm still waiting. Have stopped, restarted, deleted, reinstalled - nothing works - am at 68%

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Apr 11, 13 5:24 AM
They take me at least 5 hours, but I love wandering round and looking at everything.

Eta: and yes, there is loads more to do

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Apr 8, 13 11:48 AM
If you enjoyed the demo, you will LOVE the games. I have all of them and they are so beautiful. I do use a walk through, but only for the navigation which I am hopeless at. Enjoy! They are a real feast for the eyes and like being on holiday. The history is interesting too.

posted in Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby on Apr 8, 13 12:06 AM
Excellent length and replay value - well worth it. Enjoy!

posted in The Saint: Abyss of Despair on Apr 5, 13 7:22 AM
Mine's taking forever too!

posted in Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls on Mar 30, 13 2:52 AM
I found the cursor very clunky too. Got a bit fed up with it cos it took ages to complete a puzzle. Good effort though!

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 13 8:31 AM
'Geronimo' annoyed me too! I decided to take a look at one of my older games which I loved, and subsequently decided this one IMHO is not CE material - beautiful though it undoubtedly is. Probably a SE. I think I'm spoiled. With a CE, I like to feel I'm in a movie and very interested in the story. So much of this games I've played before in earlier Puppetshows.

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 13 3:25 AM
I'm unsure about this one. I didn't buy the last Puppetshow because I felt it was too similar to the others. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the demo of this one. Wish the music would change. Graphics stunning. Puzzles were different - I too get fed up of the circles ones - but quite simple. And there is the 'you need this, get it, use it, move on. I haven't bought games from this developer for ages cos they were so samey. Maybe I'll wait for the SE. On the other hand I have 3 game credits and rarely buy games these days and haven't bought a CE in ages. Not interested in hat making.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 9:58 AM
It took so very long to download, I was sick of it before it even started.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 5:22 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and got to 65% fairly quickly, but it's crawling again now and keeps stopping.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator