Posts created by Loralia

posted in My Life Story: Adventures on Aug 18, 11 2:43 AM
I also did the beta on this game and I wasn't expecting it out so quickly!

I did enjoy the game once I got the hang of it. I have never done a game of this type before so it was all new to me. Once the beta was over and I gave my feedback, I went back and played it again and still had fun! I think I will buy it as it wasn't overly difficult (no strategy guide needed here!) and yet had some variety. A bit HOG, a bit TM, and a bit strategy, I thought the graphics were fun and the basis of the game interesting. I seldom listen to music on games so can't comment on that.

It's a light game, was fun for me and fairly easy, and if you are looking for something to just sit and enjoy without a dark and/or paranormal storyline, (not that I mind them, I just like to lighten up at times) I would definitely recommend this game.

No strategy guide for me either and I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW GM!!! I want my old one back, I really really do. OK 'nuff said, keep to the subject.....

The game has decent graphics, a couple new twists (well, new for me anyway) but I am not going to waste my time (demo or not) wandering all over trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do. I am not necessarily a good inutitive player although I am better than I used to be but I like a strategy guide to keep from wearing out my sneakers or having to click everything in sight hoiping to find the right things and ALL of them..

It's funny, I used to never even look at a CE. Too much money and I thought I could do it myself. Then I decided to play one one day when I was bored and OMG, It was so much easier! No more clicking out of a game to run to the walkthrough which might might sense. I get tired of that and I have several games I have never finished because of it. I bought and played my first CE two weeks ago and loved every minute of it. Now, unfortunately, I'm spoiled

Thank you! This is why I seldom play these kinds of games, I always miss something important.

Somehow I missed where the rubber band is for the whatever kind of "gun" I'm supposed to put together before I ever leave the boat. Going back through the strategy guide isn't helping so could someone tell me where the heck it is? I'd really appreciate it.

posted in Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean on Jul 5, 11 7:17 AM
Unlike Driftwood Inn or whatever it's called, (I did buy and play it, I love these kinds of games) IMO this compares favorably to Gardenscapes. Not quite as good a game but I like it very much even though I haven't finished it yet. The scenes are cute without being overly so, the languaging is fun and there is variety. I did not play timed (although I may move to that) as I like a casual, relaxed game. I am also not all that hepped on dark games that require me to strain my brain and are filled with sad, angry, traumatized, or depressed people or ghosts.

You have to find a lot of gems and I forget sometimes to look for them but they still do add up. Some of the mini-games don't work well for me (my brain works a little differently) but you have the option to skip and there is no penalty for doing so, (although you don't get the reward) something I really like. The hints charge quickly and there is no penalty for using them either, something else I like!

This is a fun game and from my perception, I would call it medium difficulty, not the easiest game I have ever played but certainly not the most difficult. Good length from what I can see (I have played several hours and have not finished it yet) with good replayability. This is by far the best game I've purchased lately (got me thinking about playing Gardenscapes again) and I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

posted in Slot Quest: Alice in Wonderland on Jun 5, 11 2:53 PM
I didn't think I was ever going to make it through that one so thank you! It does indeed work and I beat the queen.

posted in Dream Inn: Driftwood on May 30, 11 6:47 AM
Definitely a lowgrade Gardenscapes imitation but I liked it anyway and bought the game right away. I had a very difficult day yesterday and this game really helped me get through it! I like a lot of the British expressions and accents so I actually enjoyed some of that. Decent length, you visit each scene three times to do different things, and then you are finished and can rent out the room.

It IS a fairly simple game but I am a fairly simple person and I just can't do all the games where you have to run back and forth 10X between scenes with dark and dastardly deeds having been done and intuit what you are supposed to do. In the past I did a few of those but they were few and far between at that point and now they are just too dark for me. Give me something lighthearted and fun and a bit of cute is OK too!

Music was OK and I liked the cat too. (I am most definitely a cat person) The housekeeper was a bit plastic-looking, sort of like an animated doll, but I didn't play the game for her. I enjoyed it, and am already on my second play. There are some different objects now and I am more used to finding the coins and magnifying glasses. Most likely, it isn't for those who like long, dark, involved, tricky games, like CE's.

posted in Jar of Marbles on May 25, 11 2:36 PM
While the game has more old fashioned graphics,and appears very simple, it's more difficult than it looks. I like it as I can pick my difficulty level at any point. If I'm having an off day or am too tired, I can go easy and light. If I want something more difficult, I can do that. There are no levels to "earn", YOU decide what you want. A nice really change! I bought it when it first came out and have not had one regret. It's a perfect, relaxing way to finish up my day without raising my adrenalin levels to keep me from sleeping.

posted in Luxor HD on May 25, 11 2:26 PM
I have Luxor 3 and while I've played trials here and there of the other ones, I'm no junkie. Having said that, I would enjoy much more except there is always a level, not as far into the game as I'd like, that I can never get through. This is true for most Match Threes and Marble Poppers. I like them but I also like games I can win/finish.

This game seemed to be just a rehash of all the other ones although the selection of slower gameplay made it easier, which I liked. I got all the way through the demo without losing a life and that was nice. However, because they always make these so darn hard for those of us who no longer have (or never had) the best eye-hand coordination, doubt I'd buy. It was also very jerky and "stuttery" and I don't care for that at all. Might get it on a DD.

posted in Butterfly Escape on Apr 1, 11 8:02 AM
I agree to shoot as far back as you can. I played Pearl Diversion (still do when I need a break from heavy games) a lot and discovered through an "accident" that shooting further back made a huge difference. That has helped me on any marble poppers as well as other match 3 type games as well. With many match 3 you shoot at, or, click on the bottom and often the squares or marbles take care of themselves, such as in Fishdom, another really great game.

Practice helps too as well as playing other types of match 3's.

posted in The Curse of the Thirty Denarii on Mar 29, 11 7:36 AM
Yeah, not a buy for me either! Nothing much has been lately!

posted in Mushroom Age on Mar 28, 11 2:52 PM
I could not access Lizziek's pics for this game.While I reached Photobucket, nothing showed up the way she stated, nothing offered me a look at her album. I reread her instructions several times and still could reach the pics. Tried several times as on level 11 I CAN'T GET THE DARN PIPES RIGHT! I have trouble with these types of mini-games anyway and since there is no skip, I can't finish the game unless I get this one. This is a recent purchase.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Please?

posted in Lucid on Feb 11, 11 7:45 PM
Several times I've seen a little sort of ghostly hand that shows you where you can go and how you can do it. Other than that, I don't know.

posted in Lucid on Feb 11, 11 7:43 PM
I have had no glitches with this game all. I did find it interesting and for me, figuring out what to do and how I am winning is half the game! Much of the time I am not at all certain how I win, it just tells me I do. I've been needing a game that I can just play and this seems like it might be what I am looking for.

I like this game although I usually am not a M3 person. Generally speaking, for me the M3 frequently ends up with nowhere to go and I'm just repetively playing and playing trying to make something happen. I've played all the way through the Lucid demo and as soon as I can, I plan to get it. It's bright, cheerful (yes, the little box that tells you how to play is annoying but I can live with it) I like the sound effects and most of all, for me it's gentle and relaxing.

posted in Planet Horse on Feb 4, 11 6:55 PM
Wiz201 wrote:Try lowering the graphics, mouse performance should be a lot smoother then. Simple or fast is fine, and graphics look ok.

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance. Unfortunately your suggestion isn't working and I've tried several combinations. I'm wondering if it's a glitch as it seems to be getting worse. Headed for help pages!

posted in Charm Tale 2: Mermaid Lagoon on Jan 28, 11 5:35 AM
I had no idea how old this game was till I installed the trial. However, it's not bad although at this point seems a bit simplistic. I'm still undecided but will continue to play till I finsih the trial. I do like to have games on hand that are relaxing and easy (such as Fairie Solitaire, personal fav) so that I CAN relax in the evenings. I haven't tried the original Charm Tales but may see if it will play on Win 7.

posted in Planet Horse on Jan 24, 11 2:30 PM
I'm much further in the game (serious competions in both Europe and US) and the pointer suddenly went weird on me. W-a-ay over-sensitive, sticking and then swinging wildly and I keep losing the competitions. What's going on? Everything else has been fine. I have a fairly new laptop with Win 7 and haven't really had any glitches with it till now. Anyone have any suggestions?

posted in Bird's Town on Jan 18, 11 7:10 AM
What a lighthearted relief from all the dark games! No strategy guide, no blog walkthrough, just cute little birds you are trying to save.

I know this game moves slower, you can't shoot real fast, and it seems it's a combination of many other marble poppers. HOWEVER, being 56 seemingly going on 5 I am finding it a relief and lots of fun. I started smiling when the first bird appeared while the game was loading and I'm still smiling. I have 22 minutes left and unless something goes terribly wrong, I'm getting this game. If it makes me smile, I'm all for it!

For those who like more faster, more complex games, this probably isn't for you. However, if you are just out for fun and want something cute and colorful, that doesn't strain your brain, or are looking for a time-out from the stresses of life, I recommend this one!.

(I haven't been able to let the birds go into the cat cage either )

Edit:

I did buy this game and yes, I'm hooked too. I haven't beat Zuma or Luxor so I don't know where I will end up but the birds are so darn cute (the eyes on the birds who walk around when the game is loading remind me of Furbees. Remember those?) and and I'm really enjoying this game. Here's to a second childhood!

posted in Planet Horse on Jan 13, 11 9:30 AM
This game was a great break from so many "dark" games. I have no objection to "dark" games however I do like to do something else that I can just play and have fun with. IMO, good, interesting, moderately challenging games where you don't have to have a strategy guide are getting harder and harder to find as I like a game that provides some interesting challenges without taxing the brain cells I have left. Because this is a completely interactive game, it does provide a bit of a challenge for those who are a bit slower than we used to be while allowing us to remember what it was like. I love horses, always have and this is very enjoyable for me.

I used to ride often when younger (much, much younger, lol) but we didn't have the finances for anything around showing or competitions at all and I was strictly western. This is enjoyable for me without the stress involved in a real competition.They don't do a bad job with either the riding or the horses and I am definitely enjoying this although I am not blond either, lol.

This appears to be European based with some Native American stereotyping around the USA events, (but not near as bad as that disaster of a game with the Hispanic FBI agent, "Once Upon a Farm" That one was terrible!).

All in all, I give this game a positive review and recommend it to any age group!

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 2, 11 10:32 AM
I normally just delete a game when I don't care for it but this one needed a comment. I do have trouble with games where clearly English is not the foundational language but don't make that my criteria for not purchasing a game. However, as someone else mentioned, SOME level of believability is necessary for me (not talking about games with magic and so forth) and when someone makes assumptions and doesn't take the time to understand a few logistics, it makes the game far less appealing. This is not about those who are in non-English speaking countries or areas, but about what makes a good game and not just shove a bunch of stuff together to get it out. This is definitely a "no buy" for me and I didn't even get past the "Mexican costume".

The racial profiling was definitely offensive and I currently live in Mexico! No one dresses like that here and frankly it looks like an old Clint Eastwood movie projection (nothing against you, Clint) from someone who has no idea of how things are here in Mexico OR in the states. Yes, racial profiling exists, yes, I know there are people who exhibit this type of behavior in the states and elsewhere, but it does not belong in a game. Frankly I'm really surprised that BFG allowed this one through. IMO someone really slipped up on this. Are they so hard up for games that they bring in such a derogatory one? I know that good games are hard to find for those who don't want strategy guides or having to leave the game and go to a blog walkthrough but really, this is ridiculous.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator