Posts created by leapfrog0202

posted in Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 14 9:17 AM
Valdy wrote:This is the second time that "Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory" has been postponed. Wouldn't it be more sensible to stop doing the Jessica Videos and go back to plain text that can be edited at a moment's notice before adding it to the FB site? Jessica's Video is always made a week ahead of the CE releases and anything can change in between then.

However, I played the Beta of ERS' latest "Haunted Legends" game, and am glad it's out today.

In another area of the net, where developers have been known to come and comment, the developers of Vampire Legends let us know that they ran into a snag (their words) and are taking the time to work it out properly before releasing the game. I think this was entirely unexpected as they sounded very disappointed not to have met their anticipated release date.

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Nov 1, 14 11:41 AM
Tony in case any BF members can help it would be useful for you to tell us what type of computer you are using and what operating system.

Good luck getting the game to work!

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire on Sep 10, 14 4:20 PM
SoMuchFun wrote:The tutortorial help will not stop. I don't want an arrow showing me every available move. How can I stop this ? Thanks.

I clicked the 'stop tutorial' button and when after doing that, it wouldn't go away, I clicked elsewhere on the screen. It then disappeared and only reappeared when there was something new that hadn't been previously explained. Each time it reappeared (rarely), I repeated the steps above and had no problems with it.

I too was having problems downloading this game after purchasing it a little while ago (3 pm or so Mountain Time). I sent in a help request with the Dr. Felix report.

I uninstalled the game manager out of desperation and reinstalled it. Then attempted to download this game. It didn't work.

I finally downloaded a game I'd bought previously and while that was still downloading, clicked to download this game and it worked! Not sure if it was the fact that a previously purchased game was already downloading or what, but thought I'd share in case it helped anyone here.

Good luck!

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 9:01 AM
loniedoone wrote:Can anyone tell me what order the Dark Parables games came out?
I think I have all of them and based on looking at my history, this is what I think is right:

1. Curse of Briar Rose - 2010
2. Exiled Prince - 2011
3. Rise of the Snow Queen - 2011
4. Red Riding Hood - 2012
5. Final Cinderella - 2013
6. Jack and the Sky Kingdom - 2014

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 8:56 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Is this very HOS-heavy?

I love HOS and don't mind a fair few, but I can't tolerate one every scene. Please tell me this isn't like that!
Give it a shot! You'll never know whether you like it if you don't try it.

bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I just wanted to drop by and let you know that we're aware of the trouble that has been reported, we've been working through the weekend to get this resolved and we hope to have a fix for all impacted players very soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Thank you!

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition on Jun 12, 14 3:32 AM
noondesign wrote:
shelterhill wrote:What is not working?? can you download the game??

yes I downloaded game but its not lunching to start playing

Oftentimes all you need is to uninstall and reinstall. Good luck!

I used the work around for the signet ring glitch twice, but the 3rd time it will not work and so I am again stuck.

I went to Facebook and posted a comment on the company's page. It may help if others would do so that have a FB account.

Thanks for the work around. I appreciate someone figuring it out. I just wish it would continue to work.

bobobear wrote:I must be going bonkers. I downloaded this game tonight and just noticed that I had a 90 minute trial. When did they start this???? I buy games all the time, matter of fact I have like 300 of them and never noticed this.

By the way, the game looks great so far so I bought it. Going to continue playing before making further comment.

That I've noticed, it's just been this last week.

So far - 25 minutes - I'm enjoying the game. Haven't found morphing items or collectibles, but I'm not the best at either of those.

Turned it off because I was getting creeped out by the werewolves this late at night! Yes, I'm a wimp.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall on May 26, 14 9:49 AM
I think the Nancy Drew developers need to provide a free trial as all the other games do. I've never bought one because how do you know if you'd like it if you can't try it?

With the lack of BF support these days I am not buying something I can't try and then hoping I can get money back. No thanks.

tookat wrote:Greetings and happy weekend to all
There is a nice sale going on for CE's this weekend, 55% OFF.

The code, appropriately enough, is MOTHER.

and a Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are mothers, even if your country may not celebrate Mother's day on May 11.

Thank you very much Tookat! Happy Mother's day to you and to all the moms here!

posted in Lost Lands: Dark Overlord Collector's Edition on Feb 22, 14 12:20 PM
So glad you posted that Tiger. I absolutely dislike mini-games /puzzles with no reset button. Oftentimes a quick reset allows you to see where you went wrong!

posted in European Mystery: The Face of Envy Collector's Edition on Feb 16, 14 4:13 PM
<snipped> "For D, whose love of HO games gave her the courage to learn how to use a computer.

Big Fish, you helped fill the last years of my elderly friend with excitement and variety and awe.

She would have adored this game."

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but so glad she found pleasure here. May she rest in peace.

Thank you for your many reviews and time it takes to do them.

Just an idea for people interested in the developers:

I liked and followed my favorites on Facebook. Not only do you get upcoming game information, some of the companies post scenes from games they are working on and some of them advertise for beta testers on FB.

There's one company in particular that asked for beta testers on FB about a year ago, I applied and have beta'd all their new releases since then. Many more games then I've ever been offered to beta in the years I've belonged to Big Fish. Just a perk I guess, if you like that sort of thing.

I like seeing what the different devs are up to and knowing they're got a biggie getting ready to be released soon.

posted in Crystals of Time on Dec 3, 13 2:18 PM
Raul,

I just wanted to say thanks very much for showing up here in the forums to chat with us. It really shows that a developer actually cares what we think and it's much appreciated.

I am downloading the game now and while I probably won't have anything different to add, I wanted to express my thanks that you cared enough to be here.

Spiders don't bother me although I know they are a big deal for many people. I love the idea of a slider to adjust the darkness in the games! I also enjoy "dark" music if it fits the theme.

Off to play!

posted in Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 13 2:22 AM
Just wanted to say I'm enjoying the game so far and believe I will be purchasing the CE.

I appreciate that you were here listening to what we thought of the game. I really don't have much to add, but wanted to say thanks.

posted in Surface: The Pantheon Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 13 10:33 PM
Melymc wrote:I end up with 7-10 PCC and nothing to use them on. I would LOVE to trade them for a CE game once in awhile. Even if it's just a special they run once in a great while. It's frustrating that the PCC expire. I too NEVER use The DBundle sales because I always have the other games OR I do not want buy them because I have PCC credits. Please think about our suggestions BigFish! Thank you!

I have to wonder if they ever read these comments.

Maybe run a poll BF and ask how many people would like to trade 2 or 3 coupons for a CE. It might make people a lot happier than the sales we can't often use.

Thanks for listening.

posted in Surface: The Pantheon Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 13 10:32 PM
read61 wrote:leapfrog, this is why I never buy a CE when it is first released, I've been burned that way before! Now I wait until the weekend in case there's a good sale, or I wait until Monday when I can earn an extra punch. BFG have a long history of doing this, and I've only been burned once - then I learned my lesson! And a bundle sale is no use to me - I already own all the other games.

I'm in the same spot usually as you as far as bundle sales. I typically already own the other games available.

People like you and I and the other posters on this thread are the ones that spend a lot of money on the CE games yet we don't get to save any when the bundle sales come up. Typically I also have trouble finding decent SEs to use my coupons on.

Thanks for the advice about Monday and weekend sales.

posted in Surface: The Pantheon Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 13 4:34 PM
Absolutely agree with both of you.

As for me, I'd be happy to trade in 2 or 3 free game coupons for a CE.

The thing that UPSETS ME A LOT is when they put out a great CE and I buy it and then 2 days or 1 day later everything on the site is 25 or 30 or 40% off.

With all the sales you've been running lately BF, why buy anything at full price? You make me feel ripped off.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator