Posts created by yowzasma

posted in Tiny Tales: Heart of the Forest Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 17 10:31 PM
[b]
DELIGHTFULL !!! Loved it !!!
I fully agree with the positive reviews for this whimsical game
LOL, one thing that caught me off guard was the need to think as if living in Tiny World when looking for needed objects

out of 5 on my personal enjoyability scale

Played on desktop pc running Windows 10 with no problems

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages on Aug 16, 17 11:36 PM
pennmom36 describes this game much better that I
I found out early that I sort of wished I had gotten the CE of this! When I find myself actually playing the 'mini-games' and not skipping them, well that is unusual for me
I liked the storyline, clear graphics, soothing music (caused me to doze off more than once) map worked nicely and the 'hint button' worked when I needed it
Since I did enjoy it I am going to give this one ....
& 1/2 out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

Played on desktop PC running Win.10 with no problems.

posted in The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition on Aug 13, 17 8:52 PM
When I can play a beautiful game like I found this one was, with a zillion interruptions and still keep up with the game-play and collectables and enjoy it - it's a winner in my book
The graphics, music, story-line, game-play well just about everything The only complaint is some of the mini-games didn't come with instructions but there is always the ' skipper button '.
I really like the games that have morphing objects to find and I really liked being able to check the little 'pull-out' on the upper left side. Like I said, I have many interruptions and this game is so well put together that I barely needed to refer to the Guide.

I am giving this one a &3/4 out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoyability scale

Played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems

posted in Dark Realm: Guardian of Flames Collector's Edition on Aug 4, 17 8:29 PM
Again , I just finished another delightful game by Madhead and except for some of the mini-games that were taking too long with repetitious (for me) moves which bore me quickly i fully enjoyed it and agree with my fellow Fishies positive reviews
The storyline, graphics, sounds & music and above all the gameplay were good and the game ran smoothly. Collectables were skinny ( I like the morphs but did take a little work to find and at the end of the game after the bonus chapter I got to find the ones I missed
Since I enjoyed it so much and don't really have any gripes I think Dark Realm: Guardian of Flames CE has earned a out of a potential 5 on my personal enjoyability scale
Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problems

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on Jul 25, 17 9:47 PM
Well yet again I agree with the many well written Positive Reviews and I also liked this game, esp. LovetoMissLisa & M_LADY
Since I am not used to this "Indie" Developer I had to use my grey-matter and /or/skip and the hint worked very well.
I am really so used to playing the big dev's games that I almost automatically know what to do or where to go & not so with this little treasure. Thank you to the Dev's and look forward to your next Big Fish offering

& 3/4 out of 5

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problems.

Penny1942 wrote:i like it so I bought it. Thanks designers and developers for the colorful graphics, good music and voice overs. Lovely artwork. Always loved the movie about OZ so I'm intrigued to see what they have done with the story. Not challenging but I've found if the games are too hard to follow I lose interest and never play them again. Everyday life is challenging so I don't need it when I'm trying to relax and enjoy a game. Toto is a hoot but now I feel obligated to fix up his room with the coins I've found this far. So, I'm off to see the Wizard...where are my ruby slippers? Oh, I've got the sorceress silver ones to use. To those of you that enjoy the whimsical... happy gaming.

TOTOally Agree with Penny1942, Really enjoyed playing this beautiful entertaining nnon grey-matter straining game. These Developers are really gifted in my humble opinion and I like their little touches here and there...Oh how I loved my little helper TOTO, I even enjoyed our 'shopping sprees

out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale because by reading the reviews before buying I knew there were not a lot of extras and collectables so was not disappointed.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rome on Jul 17, 17 8:50 PM
Oh my, I still love these simply hidden object Big City Adventures and have them all. This series I play at my leasure and can pick it up whenever I'm in the mood, play as long as I want and know everything will be in it's place when I return
I agree with all the positive reviews given by my fellow Fishies with good penmanship at describing gameplay ,--thank you all
This little beauty is getting out of possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

posted in Myths of the World: The Black Sun Collector's Edition on Jul 15, 17 3:26 PM
I liked this game as I play to relax and if a game is interesting with good graphics and an interesting subject matter I'm generally going to like it.
The story-line was interesting
Graphics very good
Music okay (made me sleepy)
Hidden object scenes were sometimes challenging and I enjoyed them (because this is why I love my HOGS
Almost all of the mini-games were doable and made a nice little break in gameplay concentration
Bonus chapter was a good ending

All in all I am giving this one a out of a possible 5 On my personal enjoyability scale

P.S. YIPPIE, I just Morphed to a Clownfish !!!

posted in Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness on Jul 9, 17 11:17 PM
I just finished this game and found it to be okay although I found it felt like I was playing a very much older game, not one that is just about a year and 1/2 old.I was grateful for the jump-map and quick refill Hint buttons
I am not overwhelmed with anything about it but don't regret buying it.

I'm giving this one & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoyability scale.

Played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with some jerky and floaty pointer in the last chapter.

posted in Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness on Jul 9, 17 11:00 PM
Just completed the game and the only problem was near the end of the last chapter when the pointer got 'floaty'... I played on desktop PC running Windows 10.

posted in The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition on Jul 4, 17 9:19 PM
linzi1nz1
Hi and welcome to the Pond
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling yet? It usually works for me and normally takes you right back to the point you were at when you stopped. Also if uninstalling/re-installing does not work sometimes starting over with a new profile works...also don't forget to click on the 'HELP' in upper right corner Good luck and hope this helps

posted in Insane Cold: Back to the Ice Age on Jul 4, 17 10:15 AM
I bought this game nearly 3 years and have started & quit several times. Since it is nearly 100 degrees outside I thought now is the time to play all the way through.
To be honest about it the only thing I enjoyed were the numerous HO scenes,
This is sort of a 'bare bones game' of olden days. No map much less jump map and no walk-through and I ended up using the hint button as a map. There was a lot of 'too&fro ing.
The things I complaining about I was aware of when I used a PCC to buy it hoping that somewhere there would be Mammoths and Cavemen and such but nope.
I will give this one out of a potential 5 on my personal enjoy=ability scale because I felt the developers worked hard on it.

Played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems.

posted in Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 17 9:31 PM
This was a pretty good game for me but those mini-games for the most part were a mix of grrrrrrr, easy-peazy and what do they want me to do ?
Music, graphics, story-line map, collectable reminder on upper left were just fine
And my 'helper didn't demand hardly anything from me and did not get in the way.
Bonus game ended somewhat abruptly but was okay.
I am giving this one out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale because of the mini-games that for the most part got skipped when I found myself gritting my teeth !!
Forgot to add that I the Dragons

Play on desktop pc running Win.10 with no problems.

posted in Big City Adventure: Shanghai on Jun 28, 17 7:51 PM
To; bfgBellerophon
8,302 Posts
Thank You for opening reviews so I could put post in there
In my humble opinion, I think 'Reviews' needs to be open as some 'newbies' see the lock and do not know they can still read a 'locked subject' just not post so BF may possibly miss some potential sales. . just my 2 cents

posted in Big City Adventure: Shanghai on Jun 28, 17 7:43 PM
June 28, 2017

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 28, 17 1:12 PM

I love these BCA games and this one's Icon has been on my desktop for many months. I like to play these while perusing and procrastinating what I really need to do, I like to just play a round or two then get going.
Those of us that BCA love it for what it is, a nice hidden object game that can be somewhat of a challenge but not too much.
The objects are usually not too hard to find but usually there are one or two that are extremely well hidden
I forgot to add that at this moment in time I have 12 BCA.s

I'm giving this one a out of 5 just because it is one of my 'Pet' games & I them

Played on desktop running Windows 10 with no problems

Edited on 06/28/2017 at 1:13:56 PM PST

posted in Big City Adventure: Shanghai on Jun 28, 17 1:12 PM
I love these BCA games and this one's Icon has been on my desktop for many months. I like to play these while perusing and procrastinating what I really need to do, I like to just play a round or two then get going.
Those of us that BCA love it for what it is, a nice hidden object game that can be somewhat of a challenge but not too much.
The objects are usually not too hard to find but usually there are one or two that are extremely well hidden
I forgot to add that at this moment in time I have 12 BCA.s

I'm giving this one a out of 5 just because it is one of my 'Pet' games & I them

Played on desktop running Windows 10 with no problems

posted in Endless Fables: Frozen Path Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 17 10:09 PM
Wow, what an enjoyable game
rainworm and OnBreak Gave good descriptions and I agree

I really like this Developer's style , the music was almost hypnotic and the colors, graphics, story-line , ability to see if collectibles are accounted while it the scene for (really appreciate that )
I even played almost all the mini-games which made a nice change of pace. The hogs I liked very much.

I am giving this one out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

I had no tech problems while playing on my desktop PC running Win. 10 ...

posted in Dark Parables: Requiem for the Forgotten Shadow on Jun 20, 17 7:37 PM
[b]
I just completed the SE of this game and enjoyed it. When I see the magic words
FROGS & Blue T I'm sold immediately , and in this one the FROGS are really, really hidden. so it was challenging but not that difficult The story-line, music, map & hint were just fine and the only thing I did not like was the mini-games that had me match the colors of round disks ----- skipped then after wasting too much time trying to tell just what the Dev's wanted ...the rest of the mini's were okay but I am a HOG lover and at this time not a mini-game lover
All in all I liked this one and am giving it a & 1/4 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

I agree with...
dancemom1, WhiteladiesRd , Penny1942 & katejoe999... and appreciated reading what they had to say
Going against the tide but I for one liked it, different atmosphere and the fonts change to 'readable' after a few seconds.[the devs.I think were trying to give more atmosphere by using font that looked like runes ]...I also appreciated the 'reminder' of collectibles to look for
The only thing I did not care for was the lack of what to do in a few mini-games but I ether worked it out or skipped it when I started gritting my teeth
The art-work, music, story-line and general environment with a little touch of humor here and there I enjoyed. Also the hidden object scenes were a nice change of pace & I liked them.
This one is getting a & 3/4 on my personal enjoy-ability scale and hope to see more like this [ but hope the Devs would put a little more description in the Minis as to what is expected ]

[b]
I enjoyed this game very much even-though it was "easy"
The music did keep making me sleepy but I struggled through just so I could keep on playing & colors were good
The story-line was easy to follow, hints worked well and the map gave me the info, I needed. The Mini-games were not too difficult and the ones that were taking too much time I just skipped The Bonus Game ended quite abruptly though and seemed sort of short.
I do recommend this game if you want to play one that won't likely make you want to strangle your mouse

I'm giving this one & 1/2 out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Played on my desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems except for long times between scenes.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator