Posts created by glb613

posted in The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus on Sep 9, 12 4:05 AM
You should always have your screen resolution set to the default recommendation for your monitor and video card. If the print is too small, you can always change that through display found in the control panel.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Sep 2, 12 5:14 AM
I just did and the potion is back.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Sep 2, 12 4:48 AM
Anyone????

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Sep 1, 12 3:15 AM
I created it, I'm at the end of the game and it's disappeared from my inventory. Now what?

I found the code number in another thread and finished the game. I still don't know where I would have found the document code on my own.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 12 4:50 AM
The only way I could get the matches was to start over.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 12 8:38 AM
I don't have the matches either. Help?

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on May 23, 12 4:56 AM
Add me to the list of people who can't get the picture to focus. I don't mind a challenge but I want a skip button if needed. I spent too much times on this puzzle and uninstalled the game. I doubt I try it again. Too many other games to play.

Where is the cliff face?

I'm so stuck and the guide is of no help. I recently collected the air element and have no idea where to go next.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows on Apr 4, 12 4:45 PM
I have tried repeatedly to get the yarn on the loom and nothing works. Any tips?

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Apr 2, 12 4:05 AM
I also disliked the abrupt ending. Was this ever a CE game? I find some of the SE games end in a similar manner because the "real" ending is the bonus game you get with the CE edition.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on Feb 4, 12 2:48 AM
Delete duplicate post

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on Feb 4, 12 2:48 AM
I liked the CE demo and have been waiting for the SE version. The games fills the entire screen and the graphics are clear. A buy for me.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Jan 30, 12 4:59 PM
Where's the storage closet? I've looked every where and can't find it.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 12 3:29 AM
With the exception of the videos, the game fills the screen with no black bars. I only played for a few minutes and it's not a buy for me.

posted in Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition on Jan 12, 12 3:13 AM
If you want the game to fill the screen, don't select the widescreen option. Just like with movies, the widescreen option will have black bars and not fill the screen.

I've only played the game for a short time but it looks good.

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition on Jan 11, 12 6:54 AM
The same thing happened to me. I finally pressed the skip button.

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 12 3:36 AM
As both yourself and many others do get widescreen on almost every game but some of us don't, it does seem that somewhere in the programming of the game, something needs to be changed to give every type of set-up the option for widescreen. Some devs obviously have done this but most haven't. And until they do, we will keep on about it!

ETA: My graphics card has no option to change the aspect ratio, as mentioned by dk5793. But since some games do play in w/s, it doesn't seem as though that is the issue.

It has to be your computer or everyone would have the same problem. That's how programs work. You need to select full screen not wide screen. Widescreen, just like with movies you watch on your TV, is designed to have the black bars on the top and bottom so you get the entire width of the movie or game. The next time the game has those bars, uncheck widescreen and see if it fills the screen.

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 12 3:26 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
glb613 wrote:This game fills my 23 inch monitor without any problems and no black bars. I really think the poster with all of the display problems needs to look to computer as the source and not the games.

'The poster with all of the display problems', assuming you mean cbtx, is not alone in having no widescreen with most of the games on here. I don't either and I also have a 23" monitor. I use a desktop and I believe cbtx has a laptop. It's also doubtful we use the same OS or graphics cards; I have Vista HP and a Radeon HD5670 card.

I had Customer Services working for 3 days to try and figure out why I get widescreen on a few games but not most others. They could not find any issues with my PC or it's set-up and my resolution is set to the recommended level for the monitor; changing it does not help. And having just tried it, this game doesn't display in widescreen for me either but Fear For Sale: Sunnyvale Story did. So it clearly is not my PC that is at fault.

As both yourself and many others do get widescreen on almost every game but some of us don't, it does seem that somewhere in the programming of the game, something needs to be changed to give every type of set-up the option for widescreen. Some devs obviously have done this but most haven't. And until they do, we will keep on about it!

ETA: My graphics card has no option to change the aspect ratio, as mentioned by dk5793. But since some games do play in w/s, it doesn't seem as though that is the issue.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator