Posts created by nomatt

Well mine got there eventually, and the wait is worth it. Lovely game but frustrating to have to wait so long. When I closed it I got a blue screen of death! not had that for years? I reloaded and it said my profile was corrupt and had been reset. This means starting over again, sigh. It closed without blue screening again so I'm sure (hopeful) it'll be ok.

I love the way the mods here still suggest the slow downloads could be the fault of your PC, I mean, it could be, possibly, but there is a mountain of evidence that it isn't. And still nothing is done! I downloaded the demo quite quickly myself and bought it after just a few minutes. Now, three and a half hours later we're at 50 %! My record for a game was just over 9 hours then it goes ok for a few days then it crawls again, like it does for so many here. And still nothing is done! Oh well, patience is a virtue they say and I must be one the most virtuous people around.

Edit, in fact since I started this post the download appears to actually have stopped. Looks like another 9+ hour download. And yes, I have uninstalled it and restarted it. Igoes quickly to where it was then goes into crawl mode again. I have seen many people with the same problem for many months. AND STILL NOTHING IS DONE!!!!

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on May 2, 13 2:32 AM
My download was very quick, downloaded and playing in less than five minutes. This is with the same PC and settings that took ten hours to download one last week, just sayin. I think this game is brilliant, very polished. I haven't come across many puzzles yet but game play so far is very good I think. One thing stands out a mile though is the lack of voice overs. For a game where so much effort has obviously been made it seems odd that there are none. Anyway, off to buy this for wifey, I reckon she'll like it a lot.

posted in Island of Death: Demons and Despair on May 1, 13 12:50 AM
08:45 here in sunny Manchester UK and all is well. This game downloaded really quickly, nice change from recently. A clue to the game is in the title though, despair. Really awful, old fashioned dated game. Poor graphics and not even widescreen. The sound effects drove me to turn them off after 10 minutes. It also suffers from bad translation, what's a 'dall'? seems it's something like a book and a cupcake is a pie, apparently. Played maybe 20 mins hoping it would get going but despair set in again. It's lovely outside, I may go and cut the grass.

posted in Mysteries of the Undead on Apr 30, 13 12:54 AM
OK, I'll start it off. 50 minutes and 12%.Here we go again. Like a few others I'm beginning to look around for another, more reliable site. If it's not downloaded in the next half hour I'll just delete it, I'm not bothered enough to be messed about.

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 13 12:53 AM
Well then, 08:45 here in the UK, game has been available for 45 mins and I have downloaded, played 32 minutes and have stopped to buy it. Now that's how it should be. Full download seems to be going well also, now 08:48 and at 41%. See BF, you can do it when you try.
Anyway to keep it short. No sparkles (except HOS) fairly decent puzzles and plenty of them. In the short time I played there was one HOS, a nice little interactive scene, half a dozen puzzles, plenty of ok voice acting, all with plenty of atmosphere and thunder and lightning. Yeah, wifey will love this one.
Hmmm, 08:52 and download at 42%, come on BF, don't fail me now.

Oh and I didn't see the sale so I paid full price as well. That'll teach me not to look!

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone on Apr 26, 13 1:40 AM
Here we go again. Over one and a half hours and download at 20%. This time I won't be retrying it, really can't be bothered anymore. Game has been deleted. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

frazerpaul wrote:8 hours now BFG sort it out only 69% !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it a windows 8 problem?

No, it's a BF problem. I have exactly the same with XP Pro.

8 hours and just got to 100%, saving file now stuck, will not move on. I'm going to delete and abandon yet another game. I do find the suggestion that we fill in the support Dr felix thing because, tech support do not see these forums' a bit odd. BF support techs do not visit the tech issues thread? Maybe they should.
UK, windows xp pro sp3.

Very true, here we go again, and again BF offer to help by letting us tell their tech 'support team' all about it, like people have been doing for months and months. They will tell you to make sure nothing else is running and to reboot stuff, but nothing that could possibly fix the download problem because IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR PC'S!
There, that's better, rant over until next time because despite all evidence that BF have a download problem, nothing will change.

Oh, and, 1 hour 50 mins @30%

posted in Plight of the Zombie on Apr 22, 13 3:48 AM
I'm in the UK also and started the download around 8:30. It's been quick for a while now then I get spells where it crawls. It's a BF bandwidth problem, there are a few games I didn't get because of it.

posted in Plight of the Zombie on Apr 22, 13 12:55 AM
Almost an hour and download at 54%, here we go again. I've turned it off and deleted what bit it has got. I ma come back later but probably not, I really can't be bothered messing about with it when I have lots of other games I can play.

posted in Fear for Sale: Nightmare Cinema Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 13 12:57 AM
Looks like quite a nice game. It maybe a little simple as far as puzzles go though, they look different but are actually very simple. Voice over are nicely done as are the graphics. One thing a great step forward is the options. At last somebody seems to have listened. You can set things like sparkles, hints, mis-click penalty etc to just how you want them, at last a grown up sensible way of doing things. I do wish there was an option to turn collectables off though, I find them a distraction and an irritation but I know some like them, and there are lots. Wife will have to decide if we buy this one, like I say, it's a little easy but very nicely done.

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 13 1:17 AM
Sorry sas, I've come to bash.
We found it exactly the same as the other Puppet games, beautifully done but very predictable. You want something, there it is. No challenge and with very easy puzzles. Sorry but no buy for me.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 6:38 AM
Well we must be going for a new record here, seven and a half hours and download is at 81%. I'm just leaving it to see how long it actually takes. No it's not me or my connection, yes, it is BF.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 1:30 AM
Ah, we seem to be back to the slow downloads. 17% after an hour and half. I've turned it off, can't be bothered. Please don't tell me it's me. BF, please sort out your bandwidth.

posted in Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen on Mar 23, 13 12:44 AM
The CE has already been released. Maybe BF have finally given up the pretense of a 'new game every day'? There is a link for the SE of the game we already have.

posted in Vampires: Todd & Jessica's Story on Mar 19, 13 1:42 AM
Yeah the hint was strange. Also in the description it says about 'mind bending puzzles', I came across two and they were ordinary and simple. 20% off is probably what it is worth.

posted in A Wizard's Curse on Mar 18, 13 7:31 AM
So somebody posts a link to a walkthrough and a mod removes it????? Thanks, that really helps.

posted in Silent Scream II: The Bride on Mar 4, 13 12:27 AM
This was left in my game manager for a few days. It will be deleted as soon as I finish this. Just to make a couple of points once again, game devs please note.
1, I, like most people, do not want sparkles telling us the next click. They are to me, pointless. You may as well have a 'Well done you've finished' button.
2, I use hints very rarely, usually only after I have struggled and frustration is kicking in.

So why do some games insist that if you do not want sparkles then you're not having any hints? Absolutely stupid. I'll decide when and if I need a hint, me, I'm all grown up, I can make that decision.
It's a shame really because the rest of the game looks quite nice. If I can't choose to not have sparkles without being punished then I'm not interested. Off now to delete, what a waste.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator