Posts created by sadies_dad

posted in Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power on Dec 3, 12 3:07 PM
My game ended saying I had to save the world from a cataclysm. Then it said that the game was over. Nothing about finishing the quest, nothing about a sequel to finish the quest - I feel that I'm quitting in the middle of the adventure. Disappointing.

Also, on several of the puzzles (most of which I liked), the mouse pointer is so sluggish as to be irritating. I skipped two puzzles ONLY because I tired of 'fighting' the mouse.

I enjoyed the play, and would like to see the two above comments addressed.

posted in Vacation Quest: Australia on Feb 8, 12 6:36 AM
I played up into Day 4, and did the Bathing House scene, but could not locate any boomerangs in that scene. I found all other items easily, and want to replay the scene to look for the boomerangs, Is there a way to re-enable the Bathing House scene for Day 4, so that I can do this?

posted in Vacation Quest: Australia on Feb 8, 12 6:04 AM
This is the second time that the scene Bathing Boxes is used, but this time I don't see any boomerangs. Where are they?

I had posted earlier that my cursor was slow to react to mouse movements. I had tried the suggestions of de-selecting HD and selecting system cursor. System cursor did fix the problem, but when I first selected it, the cursor still had the game's icon, so I thought that it hadn't taken, and re-selected the game cursor. My mistake - the system cursor fixed my sluggish cursor problem, even though the displayed cursor is still the games blue arrow, vs Windows cursor.

I have finally had all I can stand of this slow cursor response to mouse movements. I bought this game, and I really regret it now - it's just no real fun to play anymore. All previous Ravenhearst games had good sync between the mouse and the cursor. This game seems to move the cursor as an afterthought. I can't just go to an item directly; I have to wait for the cursor to wander over to where I'm trying to set the mouse. There is a very irritating delay between the time that the mouse is moved and the cursor starts to move. Maybe I'd like the morphing puzzles more if I had a better cursor control, The programmers really need to take another look at this problem.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Oct 20, 11 6:51 AM
I agree that the hiddel objects are nearly (or actually) invisible. That's a pain - only a walkthrough enabled me to find these. And, at some locations, when I clicked on certain objects or completed a puzzle half-way through doing the tasks for that location (not all objects or puzzles found/done), I'm transported to Sherlock's sitting room, and can't go back to finish the location. On one puzzle, the one where you complete squares, the computer twice skipped my turn, and took two for itself, giving a square both it's third and fourth side, enabling it to complete a long chain of squares that otherwise did not yet have a 3-sided square. The deductions part was a real pain - I found little logic in the selections required, and no useable explanation anywhere.

posted in The Secrets of Arcelia Island on Sep 5, 11 12:48 PM
I read this forum while I was part-way through the game. Therefore, I was especially careful to pick up each 'piece' where the walkthrough said they were. There were two that were not there - If I recall correctly, both missing pieces were supposed to be underwater. Therefore, I was not able to construct the last page of the 'story'.

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Aug 9, 11 6:10 AM
When Magic cards first appear, a pop-up explains them. I clicked ahead before memorizing the full box, and now have some questions. I've finished the game, and failed to collect six of them. Does this alter the end of the game? How are they made available? I thought that there was some way that they were identified, but cannot recall that, either. Is there some way to display this information in the game itself? I don't see a "Help" button anywhere.

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 11 5:32 PM
To Lady Cav: Thanks - i found that in the bonus game, but thought that there might be even another bonus.

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 11 1:23 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:Hi lovely62,

Those 33 items that you have to collect give you access to a bonus item in the game which is - spoiler: complete instructions on how to make several origami as shown during the game /spoiler. That is all those 33 items are for. Not having all of them all shouldn't prevent you from playing the bonus game.

I've played the bonus game, and liked it. But - what is the "spoiler"?

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 11 11:07 AM
I don't understand - I'm told to get the master key from my bedroom, but instead can only observe the pictures on the hall wall. When I unlock the door to the downstairs bedroom, I'm suddenly upstairs looking down - hello - i just unlocked that door down there. And this is just the beginning.

posted in Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight on Jul 13, 11 10:38 AM
This will be the third BFG game, that I've paid for, that I'm uninstalling (not completed playing) because of very jerky cursor movements. I have, each time, gone to my video driver maker's web site, and downloaded the latest drivers. I have the latest DX drivers. It's very irritating. I've posted elswhere how this cursor prevents me from doing certain puzzles.

posted in Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight on Jul 13, 11 7:53 AM
mariannequilts wrote:I bought and downloaded this game with no problems. And had no problems nor glitches until I got up into the balcony where the cursor and magnifying glass moved randomly in slow motion all over the place. I had no control over either the cursor or m/glass and couldn't get my cursor to do what I wanted. How can I fix this...any suggestions? Thank you.

I have the same problem - it's so bad, I can't do the lock puzzle - the cursor and button clicks are so out of time that the game is becoming too unpleasant to continue. As BFG recommends, I have the very latest drivers, etc. All was fine until I got on the balcony. Also, the thing to actuate the stairs (the thing that the USB thumb drive connects to) showed up once, but I cannot access it anymore.

posted in The King of Fire on Jun 3, 11 3:34 PM
I used a free game coupon,also. And I also found the puzzles repititious.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Jun 2, 11 6:35 AM
The balloon puzzle locked up my system several times. I have Windows XP Pro. When it locked up, I would press the Windows key (which displays the desktop), press CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, select the PROCESSES tab, highlight the game process, and select END PROCESS. Then restart the game, which would open at the puzzle, at the move I had just made, but allowing a few more moves. This seems to be a common problem. I'm running 1024 X 768 res.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Jun 2, 11 6:26 AM
I had to restart the puzzle six times before I could finish the balloon puzzle - all because of lock-ups.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Jun 2, 11 6:24 AM
It looks like they got the game half done, and sent it out the door to get cash flow. And never came back to work. The principals of the game have not yet been realized: regaining the bio-thingy and recovering the lost pilot. The puzzles have been good, but some of the hidden objects puzzles require using inventory items, which is not explained anywhere.

When I finished the game the first time, I was unable to find the 100 clovers that the game said existed. So I replayed the game, using the strategy guide to show me all the clover and all the raven locations. Several locations shown did not contain clovers (lots of useless clicking). I finally ended up with around 80-85 clovers. I also clicked all the ravens shown in the strategy guide, but at the end of the game, the achievements showed that I had not found all ravens. Apparently there are more ravens than shown in the guide, and less clovers than shown in the guide.

posted in Mummy's Treasure on May 28, 11 3:20 PM
I finally finished the game - and wish it was about ten times longer. After spending what seemed like years on level 59 (it's a real dog!), I did level 60 easily, and was disappointed to see that that was the last level. I will always remember level 59 in my nightmares.

posted in Mummy's Treasure on May 27, 11 7:30 AM
I finally figured out level 52 - it's all about timing a fall and a "flip".

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator