Posts created by Joyfullady

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 12 5:53 PM
Gingergal - it only took me 20 minutes to play the bonus game and ended abruptly with no ending! I think this must be a technical glitch - you paid 1 hr and 20 minutes? Maybe you played all the mini-games. I think I was only able to play three as the whole game from beginning to end I was confused on directions and frustrated.

Definitely would not buy CE - SE's ending is bad enough but I thought the bonus would end it and it doesn't!

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 12 5:46 PM
Thank you Chris and BoomZap Team for your excellent games. I have them all and love them. The graphics and attention to detail has been absolutely amazing. Very lighthearted and challenging games. I truly appreciate the efforts to keep the occult and scary out of your games. I simply adore the imaginative pocket dragon, owl, Mr Vanderkins, the unicorn, the cockatrice; and that crazy skull! The Gnomes are wonderful. So much fun these bring to our lives. I was looking forward to more enchanting water like Moonfeld Woods and game play similar. I had no hesitation whatever when I opened up BFG and saw the new game was available in buying it without trialing it.

There are many technical issues I feel need to be addressed and have placed some of them in the technical forum for your staff to read. I am sure you and your staff will address them and bring out an updated version.

Having just finished the entire game plus the 20 minutes of bonus! I'm going - like what - this can't be the conclusion with the Princess simply SPOILER being kidnapped by that pirate thing? Since it was only a 20 minute play when I was expecting an hour - was this a technical issue or is that how the game really ends? If so I may have to get my Gnomes out to hold up placard signs in protest!

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 27, 12 5:38 PM
brncoram - I thought the scissors also disappeared but there are a couple other things you have to do and then you get the scissors back and complete cutting out the dress.

[b]DEVELOPERS I have been a huge fan of Awakening - but this game was released too early and needs to be readdressed! There are at least two areas where word directions are messed up. It refreshes very slowly - and I have changed drivers, etc. it's the game and transition times. You can click on items and they don't always respond to the clicks! The directions for putting the item together using the tool kit is incorrect and you need to go to the SG to find this out. Things are slow to react or don't react. I can't understand how the unicorn can be in two places at the same time. There needs to be better directions on playing some of the games. The charcoal in the one mini-task with the paper was extremely difficult as it didn't respond and you'd go back and try again and then it would respond. I am currently at level 3 and I can't tell you the number of mini-games I have had to skip even with the hint and strategy guide. Who ever thought of not putting a direct connection within the game to the SG I'm not happy with you! Going out to the menu finding the SG and coming back wastes the enjoyment of the game. The SG pictures are also a bit hazy and often to small to see what you are looking at. Right now I am so frustrated with the game and the slow pace that all enjoyment for the game has been lost and I simply want to get to the end. This was not the case with the other games in the series. Moonfell Woods I was glued to my seat the whole time!

Edited to say I am using a PC w/Vista updates.

posted in Dream Builder: Amusement Park on Aug 20, 12 8:11 AM
Imberis - A reinstall won't help. I had the same identical marketing problem because I didn't have enough hearts, only I had to create a new profile and restart the game. You need to follow the tutorial exactly or you won't have enough points/hearts to get through to the full game play. This is also only a 40/45 minute trial.

posted in Dream Builder: Amusement Park on Aug 20, 12 8:04 AM
mkastor wrote:I am trying to like this but I am confused on a few things, mostly the goal list. It tells you to build something, like a Zone but doesn't show you an option on how to do it. This is ok,,it can be fun if you can get through all the rules and regulations. It seems like the game plays you, not you play it. Weird. Give it a try, though.

LOL! You are right about the game playing you! The first time I tried it no stars on the walkway or outer areas appeared - not sure why. But the second time when I restarted the game the stars showed up - they indicate that's a zone. Later it will explain you try to keep things in zones such as bright things, food zones, noisy rides and games and quiet rides and games. You'll have to sometimes move them to put them together and stay within the stars. At least that's what I think I've learned so far. This was not an hour trial - more like 40 minutes.

posted in Dream Builder: Amusement Park on Aug 20, 12 7:55 AM
QueenofCroydon wrote:I am trying to play this game and it just says go back to main menue. Pleasa advise me what is wrong wih this picture.

It took me a minute to figure this out as I didn't see a "play" button - but click on Sunnyvale in the lower left corner and you can name your park and start playing.

posted in Dream Builder: Amusement Park on Aug 20, 12 7:26 AM
It is cute and nice to be able to place your attractions where you want - but don't go low on hearts! I added an extra attraction and when the marketing came up I was 20 hearts short - so the blurb stays up and you can't go forward or do anything except start over. I thought if I removed the item I would get my credits and hearts back - but you don't. Seems like you are forced only to do what the game wants you to do - will try again and see what happens after I get out of the initial learning phase!

This was not a 1 hour trial as it turns out - did get past marketing - but still don't know if this is only a goal oriented park where you must only build what they say or if after the initial tutorial if you can play and make your own park. No buy until I find out.

posted in Pioneer Lands on Aug 19, 12 7:10 AM
Western Type - TM - Strategy Game - fantastic buy! This game is really challenging and funny. Great graphics and characters. I've played it several times and love it.

Levels are timed and mostly you have plenty of time, but may not be a game for you if times make you nervous. You have to plan out which characters to use and how many men/women to purchase in order to complete the various level tasks.

Warning Level 99 is absolutely the most difficult level - I finally wrote down the steps and pasted them into my Excel Spreadsheet on games.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 16, 12 9:47 AM
Based on the demo -

Strategy guide - for me didn't stay in place and the pictures showing collection of items was sometimes indistinguishable.

No Map, Journal, Voice Overs (I think in the beginning scenes would have been good)

Three choices of game play; bonus content not available until end of game

Graphics - I would not say they were superb but they weren't bad. The hardest part was a lot of the items you were seeking were small and unless the hand showed up you wouldn't know they were there.

Hint feature - would say nothing here or look somewhere else but at least twice there was some place in the scene you needed to look at to find an object.

HOGS - some interactions; but so many items were so small I just clicked and clicked until I found it.

Storyline - About a witch turning a young girl into an old lady and she must find her and get her beauty back. The basic storyline is a little different and could have been a nice development of a playable story and still might be. Unfortunately, like so many they have hung a pentagram around her, the raven, and cat's neck. There are also pentagrams and other occult items scattered through out. Not sure how interactive they will become in the story. One of the things that had me a bit puzzled was the fact there were at least two comments - one near the gate saying it hadn't been used since the Middle Ages and another later on about the dark ages - yet the sign on the school clearly shows a 1700's date and none of the areas would indicate that type of dating. If you are going to refer to history at least get the time period dates correct!

I will have to go through the walk through to see if this would be considered as a buy for me as an SE - as a CE definitely not! This is where making the full strategy guide available during demo would help sell the product. Oh and someone please put tape over that owls beak!

Based on Trial
Modes: 3 game modes
Extras - everything locked up and unusable until you've played game - so useless!

Story - same old story lines - this time you are a detective called in to find a missing lawyer and find out if there is a witch cursing the family - now town.

Voice overs/characters - Have a witch woman ghost popping in and out and sometimes face changes to skeleton. Disliked the cigar smoking and both the nephew and magician - very stiff and unbelievable.

Graphics - not bad, but no outstanding raves here. Scenes didn't make sense - you go to what looks like a church and find hearses and open coffin with skeletons. Then you have a circus just on the outskirts of the mortuary. Appeared the creators didn't care about the storyline as long as they were putting in stuff for you to do and places to put in HOGS and Mini-games. Even objects out side places didn't make sense - a child's rocking horse sitting next to a houses stairwell.

HOGS - mostly they have large items you can find but there are a few small items or items that blend in that make it difficult. I haven't found any interactive items yet.

Mini-games ok - pretty routine

SG - ok - stayed on page where you left it.

OCCULT WARNING - Pentagrams, witch, voodoo doll, voodoo mask, skeletons, ritual, bloody ritual knife, magician, crystal ball and that was all in the first 20 minutes of play. So far no interaction except for one so called ritual - which was just a skeleton game.

for me - but others may like it. When comes out in SE - I'll check the walk through to see interaction with occult type items. Right now appears to be a 2.99 game.

Review after demo only:

Developer ERS - third in the series
Modes: Regular, Hard or Expert
Strategy Guide shows 4 chapters (19 pgs each) and we know there is a bonus play - stays where you left it
Wide screen works for me and I have a PC but prefer full-screen anyways
Hint button refreshes according to level you are playing
At first appeared Screensaver was available and the Concept Art, Music, Bonus Chapter not available - unfortunately none of them are available until after you play the full game - unless compellingly long and good bonus game will wait for SE if I purchase it.
Have a Raven to fetch and carry for you.
HOGS - silhouettes but you have to find the first item and then it leads you to the next.
Mini-games have been interesting and challenging w/o being overwhelming.
Checked through entire SG for 4 chapters and the only touch on occult was a mini-game of angels defeating little red demons (devils). Like most of their games good over evil.
Graphics - tough one - the graphics are very well done, the live action scenes have been created fairly realistically with a tad of humor.
Very violent opening scenes 40's gangland style and I didn't appreciate being locked in a car trunk, shot at, and buried alive! Not humorous at all! With that said after getting past it the storyline so far is good.[b]

I'll really have to think about purchasing this one even as an SE because of the initial violence. But I have liked this series and the helping of people and game play has been pleasurable. could have been far worse with all types of occult so have to give them credit for coming up with a variation from the sanitarium mad men.

posted in Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery on Jul 28, 12 7:38 AM
Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery

Woman detective’s former partner dies in suspected suicide. She believes it’s murder and must solve it. I was excited by the title since I love lighthouses – however, unless one is considering the underground lab and Ryde Corporation as being in a lighthouse I saw no connections and no light house. Six Chapters, storyline mediocre and typical. Music – turn it off after five minutes.

Unlike their other offerings this one is not full of occultism! One scene does have a Buddha, a couple skulls, what looks to be a picture of the devil but nothing you interact with.

Scenes were mostly very dark and gloomy looking and difficult to see and find items as they were often quite small. Almost every scene was a clutter of items and the individuals definitely would not earn the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. Only two scenes were bright enough to really halfway enjoy – Sarah’s cluttered room and the messy backyard. Gets a bit more bright and interesting toward the end.

Graphics 2
Music 1*
Mini-games 2.5
Storyline 3
Length 2
Occult content - very low and no interaction except with Shiva mini-game

Over all To many really excellent games with phenomenal graphics and interaction to waste money on this one. Wait until it's $2.99 if you want to try it.

posted in Syberia - Part 2 on Jul 24, 12 7:05 AM
Thanks Mr. Russ - I wasn't sure who acquired the game. Sad they are doing this - new computers can certainly download these large files faster then when they were first created.

posted in Syberia - Part 2 on Jul 24, 12 6:10 AM
BFGFlounder - I truly believe the new owners of the game have created a confusing nightmare for BFG and their customers.

The original game is Syberia with the sequel Syberia II (not 2). Both are still offered on BFG. They have no trials and are very large files to download.

For those who wanted a trial game and faster download. The company who purchased these games has divided the original Syberia game into three separate parts. Syberia Part 1, Syberia Part 2 and presumably Syberia Part 3 will come out shortly. These 3 parts would be equal to buying the original Syberia.

Those purchasing Syberia 1; 2; and 3 will still need to purchase Syberia II or wait for the new owners to release Syberia II parts 1-3.

posted in Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 12 12:59 PM
My problem was solved by CS by upgrading my drivers.

posted in Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 12 12:57 PM
Hmmmm - when he was in the ice cavern and I came in that way I was able to put the splint and bandage on him and then went after the stretcher but him on it and then he lifted up through the hole on top. Hope that helps.

posted in Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 12 7:42 AM
BASED ON FULL GAME AND BONUS - BUY SE! Bonus Game Horrid!

Game Play - 7.5 hours plus 1.5 bonus

Those of you like myself who are not into occult, gore, insanity - will very much enjoy the main game; but not the bonus game as I've outlined below.

Main Game
Elephant Games did a superb job in graphics, artistry, game play. Very inventive with the storyline, child's games and scenery. The map was brilliant! Showing pictures of the scenes and tasks left on the map made for fabulous game play for those of us with CRS! LOL! The puppet and cat helper made for fun game play. The voice overs and humor were excellent. So many places to go as the story unfolds and not a constant running to the same old places 50 million times. The boy's wish pictures coming to story life just made the game all the more pleasurable. Excellent final ending! Very uplifting.

HOGS Cheerful and interactive objects. One problem was many of the items were very tiny - so difficult for these eyes to see. If you have young people creating these then include an optional magnifier in the game.

Mini-Games - basically some of the same types we are use to seeing but with a fresh twist. Some I haven't done before - even in casual play I had difficulties with several. The soccer ball kept going to goal but I never received a score???? Finally had to skip. Instead of the artwork - I'd rather have the games to play over and over as the bonus in a CE!

BONUS GAME - after playing this wonderful main game - I was expecting more of the same. But no what we are disappointingly given is a storyline apparently by two junior high students fantasizing on how to put all the gloom, doom, occult, and gross they can into an 1.5 of play! I was having a wonderful day and finished the game in a joyful mood - immediately upon entering the bonus I was totally deflated! Because several PM'd me to review this is the only reason I played through using hints to just get me out of there. Hugely disappointing and where I would allow my 13 year old nieces and nephews play the main game with me I would not allow any children to play the bonus game!

posted in Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 12 4:57 PM
bfgSeine - I did everything in the Game Crashing etc. and everything was up to date and correct. I contacted CS and Allyson is trying to send me something else to try. I sent her a copy of Dr. Felix. Will let you know.

posted in Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 12 2:29 PM
The game had been playing fine but when I used the solvent on the dad's picture and clicked on him the whole screen has gone black - I can't even get out of the game?

I used the task manager to get out of game and went back into game but it did not continue the game - instead it began a new game! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just spent about six hours getting to where I am now!

posted in Super Granny 6 on Jul 7, 12 8:13 PM
Level 1 - 11; I also have all the cats but all I get is meows and a flashing blue light near the bottom level on the left side near the long bar. Have no idea how to get out of this.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator