Posts created by Bink_In_AK

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds on Apr 18, 12 9:12 AM
Overall I enjoyed this game and bought it before the demo was finished.

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Apr 17, 12 1:30 PM
What with all the accolades I just had to buy this one…

Plus the fact, I like most everything that comes from **** games.

posted in The Book of Desires on Apr 17, 12 8:36 AM
Different isn't always better. That said, this time it is...

The previous comments have already enumerated plus/minus', My recommendation is to fully take advantage of the demo and judge for yourself.

The developers did a good job with this game. It is a buy for me.

posted in Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride on Apr 16, 12 12:05 PM
Enticing title but I don't care for the HDO game implementations in general. It is really too bad because HDO really has some unique game concepts. I just wish their design and production were equal to their intriguing concepts.

posted in Haunted Manor: Queen of Death on Apr 16, 12 7:00 AM
I enjoyed Lord of Mirrors... Don't like sparkles...

I'm going to buy it anyway. I can't explain why.

posted in Victorian Mysteries®: The Yellow Room on Apr 16, 12 6:41 AM
I think this is definitely worth a coupon.

I enjoyed the first one, Woman in White, and think this will be as good or better.

Good story line and graphics.

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers on Apr 9, 12 11:18 AM
Good - bought CE

posted in Borgia: Faith and Fear on Apr 7, 12 4:57 PM
I'm not sure why, but I don't really like this game.

I would really like to like it but for some reason I just can't.

Oh well, I'll play the demo till I time-out or I figure out why I don't like it... or who knows maybe I'll change my mind.

No buy for me.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle on Apr 7, 12 2:08 PM
Bought the CE and don't regret it.

posted in Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power on Apr 7, 12 2:06 PM
I enjoyed this game until the solitaire games started ending as soon as you find the old card.

It would be a definite buy if the solitaire games did not auto-finish/end when the old card was turned up, and even better play would be if you didn't get or "win" the old card unless you beat the solitaire game.

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill on Apr 7, 12 1:57 PM
With the "TULIP" sale I think this is a buy. The storyline is interesting and graphics look good to these eyes.

Good game overall as the reviews enumerate.

I think I'll wait till the SE to purchase.

posted in Ghost Encounters: Deadwood on Apr 3, 12 2:21 PM
Sparkles? Never mind...

posted in The Princess Case: A Royal Scoop on Apr 3, 12 11:58 AM
Any time I see repeated "Removed by moderator" in messages I know the game is probably in trouble, and, probably not worth the effort.

The "moderator" isn't enhancing the game's image with repeated "Removed by moderator" notices. A bad omen for a game I think.

Anyway it is too much like an HDO for me. No buy.

posted in The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen on Mar 15, 12 8:25 AM
This is a fun game. I know... games are all about fun... but there are some games that just bring a smile to my face; this is one of those games.

+ 1/2

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 12 8:19 AM
Good middle of the road game, but again, I don't feel it rises to the level of a CE.

I'll wait for the SE and see how I feel then...

posted in Mystery Agency: Visions of Time on Mar 12, 12 2:37 PM
This game looked good but I cannot abide sparkles. I'd rant but it would be "removed by moderator"

No buy because of sparkles...

posted in Borgia: Faith and Fear on Mar 8, 12 11:09 AM
Boring! No buy for me...

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 12 10:43 AM
Arghh... I wasn't going to buy CEs any more but I have to have this one; then I'm done with CEs! I guess I just don't have the necessary self control, but this game really worth the CE price.

Games this good are rare and I just have to have it...

Ok, I going to just have to stop previewing these that might help me with my CE boycott. Well not a boycott really, just...

This really is a beautiful, well designed game and worth the $.

The previous reviews detailed the good attributes and I really can't improve on them.

I agree with most reviewers that this does not live up to whatever criteria players use to warrant the coveted "CE" double price.

I will wait till the mundane "SE" comes out.

Brings up a good question though; are there really any CE criteria, or is it purely a marketing decision of how to maximize profit by calling it a Collector's Edition and doubling the price?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator