Posts created by nantyglyn

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 12 11:21 PM
Hi, Picman!!!

I go out for the evening, and look at all that I miss!

I too joined FB because of Rose!

Okay, time to get serious. I'm here in Seattle, but anyone who lives here long enough knows that you don't even notice the rain. I don't think a little rain would make Picman low on energy... hmmm.... too late for my tired old brain. There's always tomorrow (if I can fall asleep tonight thinking about all this!)

Woo hoo! Let the fun begin!

posted in Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™ on Jun 4, 12 2:56 PM
Thanks, PuzzledOne. I forgot about the Mystery PI series. And I love the Big City Adventures.

That's a big help.

Nanty

posted in Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™ on Jun 3, 12 9:36 PM
I know I've played games in this category before, specifically the others in the Amazing Adventure series. But I'm trying to remember the other series that are very similar. I know one series is the Vacation Quest series. Can anyone remind me of any other series that play the same way? These are just perfect for relaxing just before bedtime, or when there's no time for getting involved in an adventure game.

Thanks!

posted in Clutter II: He Said, She Said on May 10, 12 7:35 PM
Hi, Joe! Thanks for stopping in. I'm so happy to see this game. I'm ESPECIALLY happy to see that I can play WITHOUT the timer - the one thing that really bugged me about the first game (although I loved it, too).

If I have any questions about anything you can be sure I'll check in here to ask you. In the meantime -- I'm off to declutter!

posted in Puzzler World 2 on Mar 29, 12 10:54 AM
BelindaR, I've been waiting for Puzzler World 2 to come to the DS, too. Apparently it was released last summer, but had some major bugs in it. Some puzzles you could not complete. So, they recalled it. But the UK version did not have those bugs. Why the difference? Who knows?

I check often to see if it's been re-released yet. I play the first Puzzler World on the DS when I travel (or, like yesterday and today, while in the waiting room while DH has a doctor's appointment). Makes the time go by quickly.

posted in Vacation Quest: Australia on Feb 3, 12 1:10 PM
It's nice to have a fresh, bright, happy game after all the dark and eerie ones. The graphics are uplifting. The gameplay is the same as all the previous ones - straight hidden object scenes. After one "day" (solving a few different locations each "day") you get a puzzle. The puzzles are not difficult, just the same as in the other Vacation Quest games - jigsaw, match 3, etc. You know what you are getting in this game. The artwork is bright and happy, the hidden objects are not too difficult, but not too easy.

To me it's the perfect game for when you don't want to sink your teeth into a deep, dark storyline. You can pick this game up and play a few scenes and then leave it for when you next need a quick break or something relaxing.

Thanks, devs!

OH NO!!!!!! I know my computer is an old clunker but it's gotten me by so far....BUT.....

I just checked the system requirements. CPU says 1.7 Ghz - mine is 1.6!!!!!! Yes, I will still try it - fingers and toes and fins crossed - but I'm not a real happy fishie right now. Not a good time to go buy a new computer, either, just to play a game...... ARGH!!!!!

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 11 8:27 PM
shadowdiana wrote:I downloaded the trial, went to play, and was told my trial was up!
Contacted CS and was told basically that it was too bad for me; that maybe it would work when the standard game came out.

i got the same thing. So, I restarted my computer, then uninstalled and reinstalled. And then it gave me the full 60 minutes. I don't know if you need to restart - just uninstalling and reinstalling might work. Good luck!

Maybe it will be released on Sunday, the day of the launch party?????

samspunker wrote:Perhaps the first two digits are the month and day of the posts in this thread,
The next two digits are the message on that day and the word in that message?

But the first line in the last group seems to be missing the middle number, the post number.

Exactly what I was thinking - but I see I'm not the first to come up with this theory. Problem is I can't get to the pages to check it out - I keep getting OOPS!

Nissiah wrote: google stimson green mansion and click images link at the top

now see the bathroom photo

looks just like a CLEAN version of the RTRs Rose's Salon upstairs bathroom w/manikin in the tub!!!

I don't know how you got to those images, Nissiah. Can you PM me the link? When I googled those words, I got a home page with some pics, but no links for more pics. I'd love to see that bathroom shot.

Thanks!

maggierose wrote:
Take lots of pictures to share with us

Will do! I'm sure BF will be taking lots of pics too. Last year we were having such a good time that we often forgot to take pics - but BF had a roaming photographer.

jadeedrie wrote:

If anyone here is from the seattle/bellevue/renton/tacoma area and is willing to carepool and would like to go as my guest..PM me.. if not that's okay too.

Jadeedrie - I just PM'd you about the party. Check your messages.

What to wear? Just casual. How to get there? I can help you with that if you tell me where you're coming from. Just PM me.

See ya Sunday!

sinshack wrote:Nanty, some of those shots look suspiciously like the mansion interior of 13th Skulls!!!! In fact, if you take the one on the top left of their home page and substitute a rectangular dining room set in the center of the room instead of the round tables on the side, I'd swear it was the dinging room in 13th Skulls.

Sinshack, I thought it looked familiar! I'm just starting to replay 13th Skull, so I'll keep an eye out. Awesome sleuthing! And - I'll take lots of pictures!

I'm going to the party!!! YAY!!! And - last year it was held at Big Fish Offices - but this year -- at a really neat old mansion! Google "Stimson Green Mansion" to check it out. Boy oh boy - this is going to be some party! I really need to get caught up on the clues!

If we take eh to be the letter A and anagram "to consider a" we can get decorations or coordinates.

ETA: That's it. I'm done for the night. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Well, maybe the "eh" really represents the letter A (which is what it sounds like when you say it aloud)?

weissvonnix wrote:Question!
Does words written with a hyphen count as one or two?
And are numbers handled like words?

Nix, you're doing the same thing I am, with the same questions - trying to get the clue out of Lewbabes' post. We'll just have to try all combinations.

Rats...gotta go get my cake out of the oven-- let's see who gets it first... be back soon.

WOO HOO! Thanks, Lewbabes! Let the fun begin....

Now just what did he mean by
lewbabes wrote: So pay close attention as you never know when a clue may creep up. In fact, it’s possible one already has . And now I give you back to Solice … Good luck, detectives!!

Okay, Solice - we're waiting.........

posted in Patricia's Quest for Sun on Oct 12, 11 7:09 PM
If you really like tile swapping puzzles, you must try this game. As has been said many times, that's all there is to this game. I couldn't get into the story. It was confusing. But the puzzles made up for it.

I do love this type of puzzle. And these are better than most. The artwork is beautiful. What I also like is that the artwork of the puzzles is varied. You finish one puzzle, and the next picture is an entirely different type of picture. I found I wanted to keep playing the next puzzle, then the next, then the next....

In short, this type of game is not for every taste. But if you love the tile swappers, be sure to give this one a try. I love it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator