Posts created by Itsupikachu

divapod, thank you for replying as well. It's nice to know there are others who share our opinions. Happy gaming to you!

yvonnenono, Joyfullady, and FORTUNATUS, thank you so much for answering my question. I know some of us here like to know whether games have any occult themes and I hope no one is offended when I want to know. Anyway, thanks, again and HAPPY GAMING to all of you!

From what I've read in the reviews, this game sounds ideal-just about perfect. However, I have a question. Is there any occult themes, especially heavy occult such as having to be interactive with ouiji boards or pentagrams, casting evel spells or anything like that? No one, that I know of mentioned that in their review. I would appreciate so much anyone who can let me know. Thanks!

posted in Marie Antoinette and the Disciples of Loki on May 15, 12 3:26 PM
Well, I played almost ten minutes of the trial and I guess the complaints about the game outweigh the classical music I like. Some of the instructions weren't clear enough for me, for one thing but, also, the game-play just didn't interest me enough. No buy for me.

posted in Marie Antoinette and the Disciples of Loki on May 15, 12 1:43 PM
lilTweet7 wrote:This game is not for those who dislike classical music, obscure, faint and difficult items to find, hunting around with little guidance & direction, cartoon like graphics (which I find pleasant), or are not fond of reading dialogue.

For all the above stated reasons, I do like the game, and will use one of my game credits on same. I found the demo and theme of the game very unique and delightful.

I am one who LOVES classical music and when I read lilTweet7's review I knew I would have to play the video and play the demo. The music on the video is familiar to me-sounds like Beethoven but I can't recall the name of the piece. I loved listening to it, though. I haven't tried the demo, yet, but even though there are several complaints about the game, I will try it anyway, just for the music's sake. I hope I like the game as much as I like the music. If I do, I'll definitely use a coupon code I have for it. Thank you lilTweet7 for your review.

posted in Azkend 2: The World Beneath on Apr 14, 12 3:01 PM
I did purchase the 1st Askend and loved it except I could never finish it because it is timed. This one appears to be timed as well. Therefore, I won't be buying it. However, the hidden object aspect makes it a nice game. The game is, also, really colorful like the previous one. I wish these developers would understand that offering both timed and un-timed modes would generate more sales. Fortunately, a few have wised up and now offer both. Hopefully, the rest will get on board.

TimeKilla wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:I haven't played the trial, yet, but I did watch the video and read several reviews and comments. The game sounds like it might be good but I'm a bit troubled by the "powers" you have to acquire. Can anyone tell me if there is any occult themes in the game, ie., ouijiboards, pentagrams, demons, etc? Also, a number of you have said the game has way too much "hand-holding". Now, I probably wouldn't think so because I admit I do need help for most of the games. However, I think it would be nice if all the developers would include easy "hand-holding" modes for those, like me, who need the help and more difficult modes for those who want more of a challenge. That way, we'd all be happy. I hope the developers will listen.

They are psychic powers and they are benign. The characters are born with them, they do not acquire them in any sort of occult fashion. Mostly they are children who had to deal with the consequences of being different. Judging from the first chapter, the characters are in that situation because of an accident, not an evil plot and certainly not demonic influences. (I quite liked that and hope the story stays the same throughout the game.) I'm not sure how the story plays out but from what I saw, you may not even be dealing with ghosts, only trapped and still living people.

As far as I can tell, this game doesn't have any occult themes. However, I am not not particularly sensitive to that, so I may have missed something.

Thank you, TimeKilla, for replying to my question. I really appreciate it!

I haven't played the trial, yet, but I did watch the video and read several reviews and comments. The game sounds like it might be good but I'm a bit troubled by the "powers" you have to acquire. Can anyone tell me if there is any occult themes in the game, ie., ouijiboards, pentagrams, demons, etc? Also, a number of you have said the game has way too much "hand-holding". Now, I probably wouldn't think so because I admit I do need help for most of the games. However, I think it would be nice if all the developers would include easy "hand-holding" modes for those, like me, who need the help and more difficult modes for those who want more of a challenge. That way, we'd all be happy. I hope the developers will listen.

kaytiekat wrote:Wow another scary IHOG with witches, woods, scary house, abandoned car, etc........yawn , come on BF we need something new. This whole creepy . scary. ocultish story line has been beaten to death.

Thank you, kaytiekat, for the heads up about the "occultish story line....". I know, now, that this is one I wouldn't be comfortable with.

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 8, 12 7:52 PM
Based just on the demo, I really like this one! The voice-overs are excellent, the hints are helpful and refill quickly, and the graphics are quite good. I agree with what several of you have said about there being an onslaught of mental hospital games but I especially like this one because it seems a bit more realistic than some of the previous games with the same subject. Also, while it is on the easy side, I would rather a game be easy instead of frustratingly difficult. I don't want to play games to make me frustrated. I want games that help me chill out!! I'm not sure whether I'll get the CE or the SE but, either way, it's a buy for me!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Jan 7, 12 3:11 PM
EnvirEng wrote:This is a shortened version of the comments I made after finishing the game.

This game has a lot going for it, but I am not sure 'atmosphere' is one of them. The choice of coloring and images does give it an old-time, creepy feel. Not a lot of color.

It is heavy on the H0G scenes, which got a bit too much for me. The H0G scenes are scattered junk piles.The H0G scenes were clear enough with some small but findable items. Hints recharge quickly.

The city of Salem is big for a walking-around IH0G game, but there is a map. And, if there is a H0G site that you haven't hit yet, sparkles on the map will indicate where. There is a good bit of walking around and some back tracking.

Besides the map, there is a list of tasks. To the left of each is a box with a '?' in it. If you need a hint, click on the '?.' Thanks to those hints (I needed one) I didn't need to use the walkthrough at all. A big plus in my book!

There is a lot to do, so keep an eye on your inventory. Some unique actions are required. Not many mini games, but most are do-able and SKIPPABLE.

An excellent game with hours of game play. A little too heavy on the H0G scenes for me and bit drab, but a great game.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Great review, EnvirEng! I thought it was very informative and well written.

DragonLadyOz wrote:Regarding the posts removed in the Reviews thread, apparently there is a big move on to "tidy" them up so that they contain only reviews about the game.

Thank you, DragonLadyOz, for answering my question!

I was pleased to see this as TGT because I really enjoyed the first "Shadow Wolf" game partly because, other than the fortune-teller, I found no occult-themes that I recall, which is a big plus for me. I'm looking forward to playing the trial. One question, though, what's up with all the "removed by moderator" in several of the review posts for this game? I don't ever recall seeing so many before.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 22, 11 1:15 PM
Nissiah wrote:Warning for those who avoid occult themes

This game is chocked full of it

Too bad developers cannot do ghost stories without it

[saving for saturday's CE]

Thank you, Nissiah, for mentioning the occult content. It lets me know that this is a game I would not feel comfortable with. I am in full agreement with you. I, too, wish developers would make a few good mystery games without any satanic or occult themes. Sadly, I have to say for this one.

I was reading several of the reviews for the game while waiting for an answer to my question as to whether there are any satanic or occult themes in the game. kelvy graciously answered my question and while I was relieved to know the game has nothing satanic or occult in it, I still think I will pass. According to several of the reviews I read, the game does contain some really sick ideas and, in addition to that, a few mentioned that the game was difficult to play. I don't like a game to be difficult to the point I have to constantly refer to the sg. I also don't care to have one game that takes up so much space on my hard drive. For those who like it, though, have fun!

Thank you, kelvy0303, so much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it so much and I wish you a very merry and blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

I wonder if anyone can answer a question for me. I know this game warns that it is an "intense psychological thriller" but nowhere does it say whether there are any satanic or occult themes incorporated in the game-play. Would any of you who have finished the game be kind enough to give me your input in that regard? Thank you so much!!

posted in Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey on Dec 20, 11 9:26 PM
I can well understand seeing potions, amulets and pentagrams in "dark and eerie" games but in a Christmas game that seems to be geared toward families?? Even though the game is quite easy and probably more for beginners, I was really enjoying not only the beautiful music but the brightly colored and cheerful scenes with falling snow, as well as the game-play. I was wanting to buy it even though many of you said it was a very short game but.....I am so disappointed. Please, don't bash me but I just don't understand the seeming need some developers have for incorporating occult-type themes--even in games that have nothing to do with the "dark side". Aside from that, I think it's a wonderful and beautiful game.

posted in The Secret Order: New Horizon on Dec 17, 11 3:55 PM
I have only played about the first 30 minutes of the trial and, while I don't like having to change the resolution in order to play it, this game seems to be well worth the little inconvenience. I'm enjoying it and, unless I come across something really objectionable, it will definitely be a buy. Kudos to the developers for a great game!!

posted in The Secret Order: New Horizon on Dec 17, 11 3:46 PM
Hi Lady_Cav, Thank you for your reply. I discovered the thread about changing the resolution a short time after posting my problem. I have it fixed now. Thanks, again, for your help!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator