Posts created by Valkara

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mosaics 2 on Oct 21, 17 12:17 PM
It's nice and relaxing. The animations that are revealed are cool (sailboats, etc.). The corner squares make counting a little tricky at first, but I soon got the hang of it. The glitch with the squares that don't auto-fill is still there, unfortunately.

It's also nice to see that a game advertised as XP-compatible actually is XP compatible.

Definite sale.

posted in Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest on Sep 14, 17 9:20 AM
This is yet another game that BFG advertises as compatible with Windows XP and it won't even download properly.

BFG needs to cease its false advertising. Going by the problems posted by other people, these games apparently only work on Windows 7 or 8.

posted in Rescue Quest Gold on Aug 16, 17 9:56 AM
The information states that this game is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/etc. but it isn't.

I've just tried to download it THREE TIMES on my Windows XP. It gets all the way to the end, validates, and then I get an error message.

Don't bother telling me to check the help articles or FAQ, or whatever. Just stop advertising games for certain operating systems when they're not compatible with those. Aren't these things tested? Not everyone uses Windows 10.

posted in Crystal Mosaic on Aug 11, 17 4:37 AM
It's simpler than the Fantasy Mosaics series, but not so simple that it's boring. I like the relaxing music, and also that there's a way to enjoy looking at the background art.

This game works fine on my Windows XP that I'm currently using, so that's a bonus as well.

Sale, definitely.

posted in Summer in Italy on Jun 16, 17 10:14 PM
Just a few random thoughts; I'm nearly finished the game:

The introductory music for the main menu page is nice - like a lovely ocean breeze.

Unfortunately, the music accompanying the games themselves gets really annoying, really fast.

It's moderately educational; now I know a little more about what some spices look like in their natural form. This is useful, since I'm allergic to some of them.

Some puzzles are apt to induce ice cream or pizza cravings.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 22: Summer Vacation on Jun 12, 17 3:30 PM
This game does not work with Windows XP.

posted in Space Mosaics on Jun 5, 17 11:08 AM
Aside from the bugs in the autofill and too much guesswork in some of the puzzles, I'm really enjoying this game. I have the music on, and find it relaxing. Some of the colors are beautifully subtle.

posted in Forest Mahjong on May 11, 17 11:39 PM
Maybe it's only available in timed mode. If so, no sale.

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on May 9, 17 4:07 PM
I find the ungrammatical text annoying.

I find the tiny navigation icons annoying.

The artwork is nice, and the couch looked very nice and comfortable. It's a piece of furniture I wouldn't mind having.

The above is the only positive thing I have to say about this game.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set on May 8, 17 11:23 AM
I'm enjoying the puzzles so far, and enjoying that we can finally get a good look at the background art; it's beautiful.

It's unfortunate that this time around, the music is not also beautiful. It's so annoying that I had to mute it.

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mosaics on May 7, 17 12:22 PM
I've just finished the game, and enjoyed it for the most part. There is definitely a problem with the autofill - it doesn't work reliably - but careful attention can prevent mistakes.

I liked the background music, as I use these games to relax.

The only thing I could really wish for is the same thing that the Fantasy Mosaics games finally fixed - a way to get a really good look at the background images behind the grids. The artwork, from what I can tell, is gorgeous, so why not show it off?

posted in Double Clue: Solitaire Stories on May 6, 17 4:45 PM
I prefer the fantasy version of this style of game, but it's still entertaining enough to rate buying it.

The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the message on the young male detective's shirt: A mirror-image of the phrase "Keep Calm and RTFM."

posted in 4 Aztec Skulls on May 2, 17 6:56 AM
Okay, I give up. There are now two levels where I missed one cache. Are they always marked with a ? if moused over, or do I have to click every pixel on the screen?

posted in Fairytale Griddlers: Red Riding Hood Secret on Apr 24, 17 7:04 AM
Nice, relaxing music... but the grid numbers are too small, the lack of autofill is a pain, and due to having been spoiled with the wonderful range of colors in Fantasy Mosaics and Rainbow Mosaics, this monochromatic kind of puzzle is boring.

No sale.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 20: Castle of Puzzles on Apr 15, 17 8:35 PM
I'm done with all the puzzles. It's nice that we now have a way to see the background pictures (click the eye icon).

Looking forward to the next installment.

I've read about Marco Polo and the Mongols, Marco Polo's other adventures in China, Marco Polo's adventures to and from China, his time in prison... never once have I read that he was involved in some Venetian pearl rivalry.

This game is boring and I can't fathom what it actually has to do with Marco Polo. It's like the name was pulled out of a hat because a prominent historical Italian name was needed.

No sale.

posted in Atlantic Quest 3 on Apr 5, 17 12:12 PM
Everything is too small to see and there is not enough color contrast in the dialog boxes.

No sale.

posted in Dark Parables: Requiem for the Forgotten Shadow on Mar 29, 17 9:17 PM
90 minute trials are for CEs, right? So where is the strategy guide?

Or have I missed something?

I built every thing, got the seeds found everything, but still can't plant tomatoes. The strategy guide is useless.

How do I get tomatoes to make the soup?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out, and the soup has been made and eaten.

posted in In Service of the Queen on Mar 10, 17 11:01 AM
I chose "Relaxed" mode and still only got 2 stars. Why not all 3, since I accomplished the tasks and wasn't being timed?

Not impressed.

EDIT:

I've tried some more levels in the Relaxed mode, but am still not getting 3 stars on some of them. This mode does not appear to work properly, since there's no other criteria I can see for not getting all 3 stars.

No sale.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator