Posts created by Rainbow722

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 1:05 PM
Hondo wrote:
<snipped>
While certainly not a requirement, we'd love it if everyone uploaded a photo to their profile. It doesn't have to be a photo of you, but the default image is that of an egg.

I'm sure you all look more lovely than an egg.

Ok--you asked for it! I've never put a photo of myself on the net before, so if the whole thing comes crashing down now, you've only yourself to blame!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 12:40 PM
HI! I'm @Rainbow_722 on Twitter. I just sent a question to BF (not Lea) to ask but I didn't know this thread was here so--do I just sign onto my page and will I get the questions and answers there? Never have done a live thing there. In fact, think I originally set it up because of a spec thread LOL!

I did RSVP to the interview!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 6:49 AM
dogmama wrote:I don't mind the motorcycle either. Who knows, maybe the Madame Fate bobber is packed in a saddlebag . It woud be fun if we get a first person view of driving into the town .

I LIKE that idea!

ETA someone mentioned the beaker picture on MCF FB page but no one else has commented. Extra letters count in that set of clues? "goood"

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 6:42 AM
judithg315 wrote:[
I tried this several times. I guess I can't count either. Would some one send me the link.

Thanks, Judi

sent

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 6:17 AM
purplealikat wrote:
<snipped>
I love the motorcycle! It does appear to be a tad tall for me (I admit it....there is a REASON I'm called squaty body). I'll have to dig out my extra tall heeled motorcycle boots, or this detective will spend all her time picking her bike up when she stops!

LOL--do as I do. In RL I'm short & "fluffy" but when I'm MD, I'm much taller and slimmer (not to mention stronger).

All the discussion about the car--not only was it beat-up but it was in Blackpool, UK and I doubt MD would have it shipped overseas for a mission if the setting is in the US! Would cost more to fix it and ship it than get a new one! Also, wondering if MD will be using a bike because some places won't be accessible by car.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 11:36 AM
Eoarod wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:GAHHH! I have counted posts several time and STILL can't seem to find it!! Help!!!!

Where are you counting posts? In a thread...or...??

click on Hondo's name, then posts

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 11:28 AM
Thank You, Hondo! Sorry I forgot to say thanks for the birthday wishes earlier. That is a gift worth noting! don't know why I didn't think to check your posts--I counted mine to check LOL!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 11:08 AM
sunfish09 wrote:Found 16 and 24

how did you find them???

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 10:16 AM
Think "not sharing" means they are separate things.

sheesh---I am not good with number stuff...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 9:48 AM
I have a twitter account, mostly used for BF info (got it for spec thread 2 years ago). As soon as I saw the interview blog, I thought of a question I'd like to ask her (not mentioned here yet). Not snubbing the Tweam, but want to do it on my own.

Mandi, before you open a twitter page like that, you better ask Picman or Hondo--it may be breaking copyright laws.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 6:11 AM
Thanks Dogmama! So I'm still the same. Hope Tater & Jane are doing well!

Laura That would be interesting--having DH in same place on different time zone!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 5:41 AM
shaboo58 wrote:I do think the trailer will come out AFTER the twitter discussion..

IMHO that would be a shame! Seems to me more good questions could come up after. Of course, might be ones she couldn't answer, so you are probably right!

ETA Does everyone in US do daylight saving time? Wondering if time difference still the same between EST and PST. Something else for me to look up....

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 4:50 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
dogmama wrote:
larwen wrote:I'm sorry, I'm trying to find where on the blog you're talking
about dogmama. Am I missing it?
Go to the bottom of the blog and read the comments. One of the dev's wrote it to two different people. But who knows, maybe he is thinking about the "first" release to CG members.

I think he means to members, personally.

There is a post on FB to clear this up now:
Big Fish Games Hi Jennifer - the game will be out on the 21st of November. It will come out a day early for our Game Club members as getting new games a day before everyone else, is a a Big Fish Game Club benefit: http://bigfi.sh/HPErrj Rest assured however that the game will be on general release for all on November 22nd. Sorry for any confusion and hoping this helps! -BOD

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 5:35 PM
ramps01 wrote:
mandi_berg wrote:
Anyone else notice the symbol on the pants of one of the ghost 'hunters'? Have we seen that symbol before? It looks awfully familiar to me

It's the symbol for anarchy.

ETA: it is also called the Circle-A and is an occult symbol.
If my memory serves me correctly, it was also carved on the table at the end of the bed in the bedroom of MCF: Ravenhearst--right by the phonograph. I remember thinking it odd LOL.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 5:00 PM
Eoarod wrote:Rainbow - I'll have to look it up - but per Stephen King (yep - again) in November 23, novel Motel wasn't used until sometime after the 50s (though it was Bates Motel in Psycho...can't recall when that came out) - they were "Motor Courts"...but he also has 50s kids saying 'You rock!' in that book & that seems off to me lol. I'll hit Google - don't know if "Motel" can help us with a timeframe or not?

The first motel, called the Milestone, in San Luis Obispo, halfway between San Francisco and L.A was built in 1925, The architect coined the word "motel" but the word didn't get into the dictionary until the 50s. I did look it up LOL.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 3:20 PM
MJ_Mystery wrote:
<snipped>
Oh my gosh! I was right that there might be a hotel in this game...I don't really know the difference between hotel and motel.\

The "M" in motel comes from "motor" Motel is a hotel providing travelers with lodging and free parking facilities, typically a roadside hotel having rooms adjacent to an outside parking area or an urban hotel offering parking within the building. Motels sprung up in the 1920's when cars were becoming more in common use for traveling.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 11:00 AM
L84Skool wrote:Is the only reason they skipped the number "9" on FB because this is MCF9? Can it be that simple?

Or is 9 or NINE a clue?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 10:29 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:I know it's already been questioned, but WHY is MCF FB running the countdown a day early? It's been changed to 7 now.
Maybe they didn't PROTECT their DIGITS?
bekair wrote:
<snipped>
As to location? I have pinpointed it to take place - East of The Sun and West of the Moon.
Please be aware - this is my own quick recap, BESIDES - you are reading on the INTERNET and we all know how wrong it can be.
bbt

Hey! I think I've been THERE!

Yes, be aware of things on the internet!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

ETA wondering if I have a little too much time on my hands....

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 6:43 AM
Thanks to all for the birthday wishes! Body's aging but I'm still young at heart! Age being a matter of mind, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter! A trailer would be a great gift--we could all celebrate THAT!!

Thanks also to those who said they liked my poem. I do have fun with doing it.

GameLvr30 wrote:
<snipped>
I hope your arm is feeling better and the pups aren't working their way into your and DP's hearts too much. Here I'll help you out... "They are fosters. You are at your legal limit."

I'm glad you're trying to post more here. It's nice when we have a variety of minds trying to tackle a clue. Everyone's ideas help in one way or another.

LOL--we add to that by saying "we are NOT in good enough health to run after a puppy!" Besides, Quentin with his mesmerizing eyes has worked his way into my heart and Barnabas into DP's so it would be too hard to choose one! We will be RELIEVED when they go--relief will be visible running copiously down our cheeks! It's hard when fosters go, especially when we've had them a while but these will be even harder--their eyes weren't even open when we got them! We deal with the pain of the loss by reminding ourselves that when our fosters get a new home, our home will be open to help rescue another!

The arm is still sore but I have regained most flexibility in the fingers--couldn't even bend them after they were bound up in the first 2 casts! I'm sure I'll need therapy when this cast comes off--I get to wear a brace then--sheesh!

1973 could be the year it all started OR it could be the year we go to to investigate (as in game setting time).

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 12 5:22 PM
ccalvert2007 wrote:Right fishies, its 1 am in the UK, its my birthday & i am off to sleep.

Goodnight Fishies, lets hope for more clue solving tomorrow or (Fins Crossed) for the Trailer

Happy birthday to you
1 AM--the 14th? That's my birthday too! Maybe we will get a trailer. Wouldn't that be a great ?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator