Posts created by gailweis

posted in Dark Ritual on Apr 27, 11 2:53 PM
Played for 20 minutes and it's a definite buy! Great music, hidden object scenes not too easy, was able to complete first 2 puzzles without help! Haven't had to use the walkthrough yet and am playing in advanced mode. No clicking penalty that I can see. Interesting story line. Hints are excellent - really help you out if you're stuck. Thanks to those who reported a 6 hour play time - that's great for an SE. I also want to thank those who write much better reviews than I do!

Gail

posted in Dark Ritual on Apr 27, 11 2:10 PM
kimvy wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
DeadRiver wrote:(Removed by moderator)

LOL!!! I do, but these "I am downloading" cause me constipation again...

What? You're not a fan of totally useless and irrelevant information???

Oh look. It's time to go to bed. Happy Gaming. Hope this one is a good one for y'all.

Agree, agree, agree. I read these threads to get comments and reviews, not to be told that you are downloading now. Please, fishies, stay on topic!

Edit: Downloading now! Will be back when I have comments and a review.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 5, 11 6:27 AM
bfgDonau wrote:Hi everyone!

Thanks for reporting the issues that many of you have been encountering regarding the hint button and some potential progression blocks. It will really help if you can write in to Customer Support with a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix Report</a> and a description of the issue. This will aid CS in identifying trends that will be helpful for the developer in case they're able to release an updated version of the game.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192">Live Chat Support</a> if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks again!

-bfgDonau

I wrote to Customer Support, attached a Dr. Felix report, told them I had done everything asked for on the Help pages (updated DirectX, Adobe Shock, Adobe Flash), and the response: "Sorry you're having a display issue, try updating DirectX, Adobe, etc."

What????

My email to CS did not say I was having a display issue - it said that the game was crashing and booting me out of my computer. Also, the hint button didn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice - same problem!

So your suggestion, while appreciated, doesn't really seem to be working.

Thanks.
Gail

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 3, 11 12:22 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem! Every area is locked and hint button just drains. I started again with a different profile and got booted out of the game. I'll be contacting Customer Support.

Gail

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 3, 11 9:02 AM
angelfishsb wrote:sjlovescc, I am having the same problem. Bought the game and there are no places to go on the map that would have activity. Hit the hint button and it just drains without telling you anything. Please help.

Same problem here! I bought the game without demoing b/c the reviews were so great. I've been booted out of it several times, and now when I go back in all the areas are locked and the hint button just drains without doing anything. Guess I'll try the uninstall/reinstall route and if it doesn't correct will contact Customer Support. If anyone can figure this out, please PM me!

Thanks!
Gail

So excited! This will now give me my third punch card for March! Thanks for the great reviews! Can't wait to get home and buy!

Gail

posted in Blood and Ruby on Mar 31, 11 10:54 AM
sassylassie wrote:I like it and bought it. I was waiting on this one to come out. I love how the objects turn to little bats when you find an object. I thought that was cute. I wrote Gran a while ago telling her about it. Hitpoint puts out decent games. Well Elldee filled 3 cards and me 4. With this kind of month how? CE's was the only way since it definitely wasn't the SE's that done it. I love these kind of spooky games. Well I hope you all have happy gaming today. Then off to finish Ancient Secrets the Vanishing Bride also by this developer. Awesome game too.

Thanks for the suggestion! I must try that one.

Gail

posted in The Revenge on Mar 27, 11 10:06 AM
Thanks very much, Sinshack!

posted in The Revenge on Mar 26, 11 2:45 PM
sinshack wrote:
gailweis wrote:Sorry!

That's OK. If you want, you can delete it but clicking the red X at the top of your post.

Go ahead and post now that I've got the final chapter done.

Thanks, Sinshack!

First, thanks for doing this walkthrough!

I didn't get the hidden object to open the graveyard gate, so I was stuck (thought I would get the cutter, but it didn't appear in my inventory after I finished the hidden object game). I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if it works. I'm just about to try it again.

Just thought you might know what caused that problem. I posted on Technical Issues, but haven't heard.

Thanks!
Gail

posted in The Revenge on Mar 26, 11 2:01 PM
I didn't get the tool to open the graveyard gate after I played the hidden object game. So now I'm at a dead end. I've uninstalled the game and will reinstall.

Has anyone else had this problem? If reinstalling doesn't work, what should I do? I guess, contact Customer Service?

Thanks.
Gail

posted in The Revenge on Mar 26, 11 12:55 PM
Sorry!

posted in The Revenge on Mar 26, 11 12:51 PM
How do I open the graveyard gate? I finished the hidden object game, but there's nothing in my inventory. Thought I'd get the cutter, but didn't. What do I do now?

I've posted this question in 3 discussion threads, hoping someone can help!

Thanks!
Gail

posted in The Revenge on Mar 26, 11 12:36 PM
Help with the graveyard gate. When I finished the hidden object game, I thought I would have the cutter, but there's nothing in my inventory.

What do I do now?

Thanks!

Gail

posted in The Revenge on Mar 26, 11 12:34 PM
:-
Lejovich wrote:Played the HOG but didn't get an object. I'm assuming it should give you something to open the gate. Any suggestions?

I didn't get an object either. I thought I would get the cutter, but when I finished the hidden object game there was nothing in my inventory. HELP! Please

Thanks.
Gail

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 11 8:04 AM
I posted this on the Technical Issues forum, but unfortunately BFG doesn't seem to be monitoring that forum and hasn't responded.

It takes about 5 seconds for me to do anything in this game (like pick up an object) - which makes the game move very slowly.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 11 2:47 PM
barelyberlee wrote:My game is really sluggish

Mine too!

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 11 2:46 PM
Hi Fishies:

Why is the game so slow? Every time I click on an item, it takes 4-5 seconds for something to happen. It's making the game very boring; otherwise I'd like it very much. Is anyone experiencing the same problem or do you know what I can do to speed it up?

Thanks lots!
Gail

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 11 5:47 AM
Woofie53 wrote:I like this game. I am going to buy it. I think I'll wait and see if I need it to complete a punch card. Otherwise I'll get it next month....next Friday when I get paid.(not tomorrow) I like the music. In fact I thought it was from the TV because I have it on in the background and there is a movie on now. lol When I realized it was the game, I enjoyed it. It fits the game. I love eerie games.

It looks like it might be a long game. With a CE I always figure that the SE would be 6.99 and the Strategy Guide would be another 6.99 so it's like getting everything else for free. Plus I hate exiting a game to check the Walkthrough. I have Short Term Memory Loss due to some necessary meds. When I have consulted a walkthrough, by the time I got back into the game, I forgot what it said to do so I had to exit the game again. The CE's save my sanity!! lol

Some people don't like the darkness of scenes, but I think it adds to the eeriness when a game is eerie. It adds to the atmosphere of the game. I don't want to see everything shiny and bright in an eerie/spooky game

Have a good day and have fun playing games everyone!!

Wolfie - You don't have to exit a game to check the Walkthrough. Just hit "Alt & Tab" - the game will still be running, but you can then check the Walkthrough and then go back to the game. A little trick that I learned on the Forums!

Can't wait to get home tonight and demo - sounds like a buy for me!

Great review, Casualgran, as always!

Gail

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 3:08 PM
CasualGran wrote:
nomatt wrote:Lol CasualGran, they're not real you know. I mean would you refuse to play Call Of Duty just because it had Germans in it who during WW2 were not politically correct? Only messing here but does it matter? I personally never take any notice of the story, characters anyway so if they are a little, say, old fashioned so what?

I wouldn't think of playing Call Of Duty at all. That's for one. And the phrase: Oh c'mon it's just a movie, game, book, whatever, never took away any used cruelty, gore or misogyniscism. Those elements don't amuse me. Never have, never will. So why would I waste my time and money on this **** (too nasty word) of a game?

Three cheers for you, Casual Gran! Great, great response!

Gail

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 11 3:07 PM
Wow! The comments on this forum? What's going on? Peglegann always posts thoughtful, on-topic reviews and never, ever says anything hurtful about anyone; she also always plays nice, Thanks, Dr. Good, for your great response to mamacarole629. Yes, Peglegann is one of the nicest people on this forum - I always read her reviews!

Gail

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator