Posts created by gailsgame

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on May 15, 10 11:26 AM
I think it's construction that lets you move the rocks over near the trees to shake down fruit. That seems the quickest method to get food, not buying the food tech.

If you're in big trouble, I'd suggest you pause your game and just play while you can watch and collect mushrooms!

posted in Youda Safari on May 15, 10 11:20 AM
I actually think a rating system with each game would be very helpful. A rating from 1 - 5. And it would only work if you voted on the genre of games you like. As I mentioned earlier, I don't like HOGs much, so it would be silly for me to go and vote them all as 1 because I don't like them. If I like strategy & TM games, then obviously I would vote honestly on how I enjoy those type of games.

I'm finding the TM games either too hectic (yes I know they are hectic), but many many people are asking for relaxed or untimed TM games, so I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like to just click click furiously, but instead stop to work out the best plan to move forward in the game. I love TM games that are designed to think out your best options, and I hope for more in the future.

I know we have forums for each game, but it can get tiresome reading through and posts concerning bugs etc get muddled with the "what do you think" threads.

posted in Youda Safari on May 14, 10 1:25 PM
I wondered if it was just me thinking "what can I download and play?" and there is nothing

But I do think it's more the developers getting games out too quickly, or before being tested properly that's letting us down, more than BFG. Or they seem to make subtle changes on their previous games and put it out as a new game.

BFG seem to only delay games so they can offer them at $6.99, or if a game is really popular and worth the price, they will offer the CE for $20, but most people would still rather wait for the standard edition. But they give you the choice sometimes I guess.

I personally don't like HOGs, TM games most of the time are too repetitive and hectic for me, and my netbook will only play certain resolution games, so I blame me for most of the limited games I can buy. I would buy more if they would work (Artist Colony & Little Folk of Farey to name 2).

But I do think the DDs have been mainly for kids lately, so that's a shame.

I was excited about this game, but I downloaded a trial from the developer site and I thought it seemed a bit childish. For some reason when I read the reviews I thought we were going to get like a safari sim type game. That would be great. A zoo or safari based "my tribe" game would be really fun!

posted in My Tribe on May 14, 10 1:14 PM
There is a potion to give to the female before sending them into the hut with the male so they will have twins. This is for the download game, so if you're playing the FB game, I'm not sure if you can do it.

posted in Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition on May 13, 10 1:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your stroke.

You could try Fiona Finch & the Finest Flowers. I just bought this game on sale at a local game portal and am enjoying it a lot.

I play the story mode and there is no timer. I noticed a freeplay mode too but haven't played it yet.

Sometimes if bugs are a problem it can get a little hectic, but not near as hectic as some time management games I have tried and bugs don't seem to be a very big thing in the game. The levels are quite long but you can save halfway through levels. It does offer you timed orders, but you don't need to accept them, and even if you do accept them there are no penalties if you don't deliver on time. There are other things to do like bake, grow grape vines etc, so it's a nice game with some diverse things. A lot more to do than Alice Greenfingers 2 which I also have.

There are times when you need to mix up the plants to cross breed them to make new plants, so that time gives you heaps of rest time as you can sit in that screen for a while if you want. Actually you can go into the shop screen (where you cross breed) any time you want for a break.

Also Orchard is another one that is slower and I enjoy that a lot too.

Hope you enjoy the game/s if you try them.

posted in Orchard on May 11, 10 11:00 PM
I bought Orchard last week and I love it.

I love the relaxed pace, so wanted to know if there are any other games out there with the same relaxed pace. I have Alice Greenfingers 2, but it doesn't have the same variety of goals so I find it a little boring after a while.

My favourite games are Orchard & My Tribe, so I guess it's games like that I'm looking for. I can't download a lot of trials as we only have a limited internet plan and I'll use up all our data.

Games I have tried and they don't work (I'm on a netbook) are Avalon, Be Rich, Little Folk of Farey, Wonderburg (opens but has a weird multi-coloured bar across the bottom). I like the sound of it though. I also have all the VV series and I'm bored with those.

It doesn't have to be farming, although I like farming games, just something that has a relaxed pace as I need to unwind with my games, not get more tense!
Thanks.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on May 11, 10 9:30 AM
It used to work in the other series, if you drop a male & female on top of each other like you want them to have a baby (speed kissing) that will increase the parenting. You would have to wait until the females are over 50ish, but males it doesn't matter. That should work, but it might take a LOT of speed kissing.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on May 11, 10 9:12 AM
I think that's a great idea, like increasing the physical strength in My Tribe so they walk faster! Smart son!

The developer is Last Day of Work - hope I can say this .. google it and you should find them.

I would have bought this game if they walked faster, or I had some way of making them walk faster, even if it was eventually like with your idea. It's a shame as I think the game was very pretty and I used to love the VV series.

posted in My Tribe on May 4, 10 11:25 AM
It's so cute. The bubs will follow, or try to follow their Mom's until they reach the hair stage (2 - 3 years). So if Mom is sleeping they hang around outside the hut, or if she's at the research counter, they stay around there. It's funny watching them try to keep up if they are fishing or building.

I only just noticed this after a month of playing, so I wondered if anyone else had noticed?

Any other funny little things they do?

posted in My Tribe on May 2, 10 10:18 PM
If you are talking about the mystery one (treestump mystery), then you need the person with the maxed out strength to touch it again after it rains. You can get it to rain with a potion, then get a person with 100% physical strength.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on May 2, 10 1:20 PM
I think you only have 2 choices.

1) If you are not attached to this tribe - delete them and start again and try for construction level 2 first - it seems the best way to feed the tribe.

OR:

2) Pause the game when it isn't open & you're not playing it. Then put it on slow speed while you play and hunt for mushrooms & collectibles so you can get enough food & points for the tech points. It's only 5,000 points so it doesn't take that many fish scales etc to start getting the points up. Mushrooms seem to pop up pretty often, and look for the red top ones as they are much higher food value.

I haven't finished the game, only played earlier versions & a few demo's of this version so other players might have better ideas.

Good luck.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on May 1, 10 10:06 PM
I think you need construction level 2 to move those stones covering the pit by the trees. Then you move the stones and can get to the fruit on the trees.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Apr 30, 10 8:09 AM
Thanks again emmychann. I don't like fighting monsters lol, so I'll stick with Cute Knight Kingdom. I like building up the skills, so I'm sure with a few more tries I'll be much better at it!

Oh meant to say I tried Avalon and it wouldn't run on my PC. I kept getting an error when I tried to open the game. I also tried Little Folk of Fairie without any luck!

posted in Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 10 8:06 AM
robin94122 wrote:
All players have to play through Casual mode. Then at the end of that those who buy the Collector's Edition have the choice of playing either the Expert Mode or the Freeplay (untimed) mode.

Expert can get VERY challenging if you are trying to get the trophy for never ever failing a level on time.

However, one of the interesting things about Ranch Rush 1 and 2 is that if you do fail a level by running out of time, when you restart your Ranch is at the exact state it was when you failed.

This means you can, if you choose, use your time to "prep" all the machines and animals by giving them all the inputs they need but just letting the outputs stack up.

For example the Juice machine can hold 3 juices on its output tray and the ingredients for 3 more on its input tray.

To prep the machine, you would make all 3 juices but not pick them up, and load up the machine with the ingredients for the next 3.

Then if time runs out, when you restart you can get 6 juices very quickly just by picking up the 3 that are sitting on the output tray and letting the machine make the next 3 you already had lined up.

This technique means that even those who want to play fairly slowly can still eventually finish any level, even Expert 9 Friday, by prepping everything, not picking up the outputs, letting the time run out, and then restarting the day.

It does mean you have to forego getting the Trophy for no time fails, but it gives you a lot of choice over how quickly you want to play even the timed modes.

The other thing is that you can create an action chain that is VERY long in this game. That actually lets you click more slowly, because you the person can be deciding what to do and then clicking while Sara the character is still working her way through things you clicked on earlier.

That's why this series is more of a Resource Management game than a Time Management game. There are no surprises except the occasional machine breakdown. You know what all your orders will be at the start of the day, and you can decide how to handle them without having to ever cilck superfast.

Good luck--I really enjoyed this one!

Robin

Thank you very much for your detailed response. I will have to think about it though, as I just read the freeplay is only in the CE and I don't know if my wrist will hold out to justify spending $20. If they put freeplay into the standard I'll be definitely looking at it.

posted in Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 10 10:38 AM
How frantic does this game get? I love the look of it, and the reviews are excellent. I read it has a relaxed mode, so that got my interest. I've only heard good things about Ranch Rush, but I'm not very good with games that get very fast as I get wrist problems. I like the idea of the goals though.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Apr 29, 10 9:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I was using the buttons to get better results.

I think I might try Aveyond. I've never played a role playing game before, so maybe that sounds a little more easier to follow??

I like the sims, my tribe type games. I used to like the VV series too, but they have all got a little similar and are now a bit boring & don't move fast enough for me. I enjoy games that I can sit back and watch a little though, instead of fast paced timed games. I also don't like HOGs, so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have Plant Tycoon, Fish Tycoon, VV 1 - 3 (don't like 4), Virtual Families & My Tribe.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 29, 10 9:19 AM
Nansky69 wrote:Have you tried the youth potion? Cause moondust and other potions won't work when it's grey because they were scared.

I'm almost positive I tried the youth potion and it didn't work. That tribe member has died now, so I can't try it again and I'm not opening up rough barrels as I don't want it to happen again.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 29, 10 9:17 AM
I find I get a good mix of boys & girls and haven't had that problem yet.

Perhaps you could give them the twins potion before calling the stork, then you get two chances of having boys & girls.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 25, 10 10:17 PM
You take your stardust & moondust, gold relics etc, and also if you solved the fountain water, you keep that for your potions too.

You only lose your wood, food & rock stock piles, and obviously all the buildings you've built, including the Ark.

They all keep their experience levels.

It's fun going to a new Island, but be sure to build them some huts to rest in straight away as they are tired and will fall asleep on their feet!

This info is based on the downloaded My Tribe, not the fb one.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Apr 25, 10 7:50 AM
Thank you so much eddyatwork.

Very helpful tips to play this game. I read all the tips and will try to build stamina feeding the sheep (I think it was sheep - don't have the game open), then try my hand at one job. At the moment my character seems to have 6/7 good days at the fashion store, so I had left her working there but I didn't know if that was it. Does she just work there for her 3 years, or once the skills build up does the job & opportunities there change?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator