Posts created by GeorgeTSLC

posted in Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie on Oct 19, 17 5:08 PM
ekstra: I find it's more helpful to note what color my current arrow is. Not that I don't make mistakes still that way, but fewer.

I had absolutely no trouble with the tutorials, or with any display glitches.

posted in Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie on Oct 18, 17 1:01 AM
Finally! Another one like Nonograms: Wolf Stories, with all the colors on the board at once.

Admittedly, not to everyone's taste; see the reviews of that game on these forums for the very mixed reviews. But I find it a delightful challenge.

posted in Flying Fish Quest on Sep 4, 17 11:35 AM
Pleasant enough. Nothing special.

posted in Antique Shop: Lost Gems London on Sep 4, 17 10:33 AM
Spectacular, with lots of bells and whistles. Doesn't make it a buy for me.

posted in Maidens of the Ocean Solitaire on Aug 29, 17 1:39 PM
What pennmom said.

All of which doesn't add up to a buy for me.

posted in Mystic Journey: Tri Peaks Solitaire on Aug 24, 17 12:53 AM
Hmmm. Didn't get to the timed cards in my hour's free trial. Those would be interesting, I suppose, but not necessarily attractive.

And as others have said, you can end up re-re-re-playing a level until the stars are aligned well enough to get past it. Don't actually mind that, but I can see how it would frustrate some.

Not a buy for me. I've bought more than enough up-down Golf-style solitaires to keep me forever, and this one doesn't have anything extra that I care about.

posted in Mystery Loss on Aug 23, 17 11:47 PM
I prefer my layouts to sit still and not divide up randomly.

Also, when a coinpurse is called a "wallet", we know that the localization work has been sloppy.

posted in Roaring Twenties Solitaire on Aug 17, 17 10:13 AM
I'm swimming the same direction as BearKat. I find the design of the cards very attractive and not hard to match.

Nevertheless, not a buy for me. I like Golf-type (up & down) solitaires much better. They allow for some strategy while this one permits hardly any.

posted in Quest of the Dragon Soul on Jul 28, 17 9:39 AM
This is a revision of an earlier release from the same developers, Quest of the Sorceress. I may be soured by the fact that I've repeatedly lost one battle here--see also http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/926468.pagehttp://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/926468.page in this forum--but I'm not finding anything superior to that older game.

Not a buy for me.

posted in Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance on Jul 21, 17 7:15 AM
In the later part of my trial hour, I actually needed the bonuses, which was interesting. It isn't always the case with Match 3s. Otherwise very ordinary.

I actually like the jazz music; it is adjustable, as usual these days.

The narrative is unpleasant and not all that believable.

I finished my free hour, but not a buy for me.

posted in Glass Masquerade on Jul 4, 17 9:34 AM
Gorgeous game. Each country seems to have several very similar puzzles; I got quite good at the backward-leaning ladies on the French clocks.

Not a buy for me, despite being quite enjoyable for a single hour.

posted in Fishjong on Jun 28, 17 2:29 PM
The jewel-style suits have layouts very easy to match correctly.

That the pearled oysters can be matched cross-color but the seahorses can't is not intuitively obvious--though that kind of variation is expectable in this genre.

VERY nice that you don't get a higher score for ending the round before clearing all the tiles.

Generally nice graphics.

If I find I have no better "mahjong" games bought, this one might be the one I'll finally buy.

posted in The Lost Labyrinth on Jun 26, 17 9:04 AM
Thin narrative, not that I mind, with rather interesting graphics. Good, distinct icons on the boards. All otherwise standard.

If I particularly liked the theme, I might wekk add this to the several Match 3s I already have.

posted in Summer in Italy on Jun 11, 17 4:56 PM
I think the only times I've heard a more annoying voice from an actor has been when they were meant to be annoying! Fortunately, there wasn't intolerably much in my trial hour.

The HOG minigame can be skipped. Hooray!

I don't like mass match levels, but most of them are the match 3s I prefer.

All in all, pleasant enough, and if I were mad for Italy I might buy it. But I'm not, so I won't.

posted in Dream Fruit Farm on Jun 10, 17 1:26 PM
Charming, but nothing special. I own a variety of Match 3s already, so not a buy for me.

posted in Mystery Mosaics 2 on May 30, 17 4:40 PM
Attractive graphics, but as with many releases the possibilities of the three colors is barely exploited. If we must have the build-a-town distraction, I would appreciate labels on the buildings.

Not an improvement on the original.

Not a buy for me.

posted in Griddlers: Tropical Delight on May 18, 17 3:44 AM
Very strange. Earliest puzzles require strategic use of the bonuses, because mere logic won't work. Then there are a number that don't require the bonuses, followed by a number where you need to buy extra bonuses using the points you've earned from previous puzzles.

Not a buy for me.

posted in Marie Antoinette's Solitaire on May 15, 17 1:54 AM
Once you've chosen a difficulty, it seems the only way to choose a different one is to start a new profile. If that's the case, I don't like it; if I'm missing the place to make the change, I like that even less.

posted in Marie Antoinette's Solitaire on May 15, 17 1:50 AM
Pleasant graphics and music in this rather ordinary Golf-style solitaire.

posted in Magic Cards Solitaire 2: The Fountain of Life on May 14, 17 5:32 PM
I believe when one first becomes available it is VERY briefly explained. As I remember, it's some sort of "power-up" when full, like perhaps a hammer?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator