Posts created by kore21

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 29, 13 10:28 AM
wow, so many great ideas here... all of the above!

a tron/sci-fi island for wubbox with lots of robot friends, steampunk monsters, futuristic... just to balance off the faeries & shrooms.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 21, 13 3:04 PM
i don't think i'll have mine by xmas, i'll be away from my computer over the holidays. guess i will have to try when i get back...

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 21, 13 3:00 PM
Chelkey wrote:
kore21 wrote:
from my experience with neverwinter nights (a "code your own" game) & subsequent playing with randomizers, a 1 out of 5 chance will often take awhile, in fact much longer than i originally thought it would. 1 out of 5 is 20%. so, if the monsters were supposed to be more rare, 1 out of 7 or 1 out of 10 might give the monster better odds. i suspect that each of the torches gives an additional 1% increase, since other mathematics of the game are simple, logical & direct. therefore 10 torches lit would increase the odds to 10-11%. which, while still a bit rare, might generate monsters on a regular basis. however, keeping 10 torches lit at all times requires a lot of friends to light them for you, which we do not have in the PC version. here we can only spend diamonds, which is not economically feasible for most people. & therefore the breeding attempts become somewhat boring after awhile.

Your mention of Neverwinter Nights reminds me of back in the day when EverQuest first came out and "camping" for the illusive pieces to your epic weapons. We often spent many hours, even over-nighters waiting for the piece we needed. The drop you got from killing a particular "mob" was less than a 1% chance if I recall right. But, with that game we had in-game chat, so we would all sit and shoot the breeze, often watching TV or a movie as well while we waited.

In any event, it's not so much the waiting, I like the anticipation of it, it's the boredom when there is no other goal left but to hope for that successful breed. Which is why I'm glad they brought in Shugabush Island to divert my bad luck for an ethereal for the past month now.

Thanks for the fond memories though

sounds like me & final fantasy 3 (old 3) where there was a forest with a monster who'd drop a relic where all your spells cost only 1 point to cast. i got lucky & found it while leveling my monsters. replaying the game, i spent a lot of hours trying to find it again hehe

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 21, 13 2:58 PM
pianogrinder wrote:I had virtual families 2 also. I gave up on that one a long time ago since they neglected to do any bug fixes for that game, so I deleted it. I agree about the waiting part for MSM, the more we wait, the less likely we are to spend, I don't mind waiting. I only spend money on things that I really want and eventually, I might give in and buy a Jeeode since it's so hard to breed. But I will keep trying until my patience runs out, and I have a lot of patience. On the bright side, Shugabush island is keeping me busy with all the teleporting and breeding. . As for the breeding part, I refuse to use torches now even though they do make a slight impact in the breeding chances.

well, supposedly they had done bug fixes for the version you got from the LDW site. but the BF version has been in limbo forever. i still tinker around with the original game occasionally.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 21, 13 2:55 PM
8) think it was yours i saw with the deedges. i have seen the v-shaped one as well. mine, all i have is shugabush & some lesser monsters, but i have an egg with a hat in the nursery. he takes awhile so i can't bring my deedge over yet. i'll be going out of town over xmas, so i'll work on the place when i get back

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 21, 13 2:45 PM
shugabush2015 wrote:Create your own my singing monsters rumors and post them here!

I'll start:
If you try to breed a jeeode more the 1'000'000 times and don't get one there is a 95 percent Chance you will never get one.

that sounds about right.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 20, 13 9:03 AM
Chelkey wrote:
FishyFemale wrote:
nightnurse2012 wrote: I'm still breeding for 2 of the ethereals I can't get. I have shuga island to keep me busy now. SO MUCH TO DO.....

I'm like you. I got one grumpyre and reebro early on and since then, no other 1 element ethereals. I hadn't wanted to send my two to ethereal island yet until I had duplicates of both to stay on their native islands, but it's taking too long, so I sent them off to earn their keep in shards for me. .

At least you have the 2 on Ethereal Island. I have only been able to breed a Grumpyre, and He sits alone on Ethereal Island. He collects some shards and we have an extra diamond mine there now too. I have not been able to get an Ethereal since before the last two updates (about a month now). And until Yool and Shugabush Island just came out, I started to lose interest in the game all-together; I understand breeding Ethereals should be rare, but one should get at least one once a month....

I refuse to pay for an Ethereal as I can buy an entire PC platform game for less than that price and I already have invested around 30 dollars for diamonds and coins, games really max out in worth at 40 bucks IMO. Heck, I bought The Sims 3 for 40 bucks and there is a million times more to that game than there is to MSM. Don't get me wrong, I love MSM, it's just not worth any more than the $30 I have already paid for it. So that leaves out purchasing Ethereals for me.

So sadly, I will mess around with the new Shugabush Island for awhile and then if there is still nothing new to the game, I'll just move on. To me, waiting more than a month for something to occur in the game bores me to tears, I like the daily anticipation, but it does get old after a month or so goes by.

It's rather depressing as this game has so much potential, like Virtual Families 2, but the developers just don't have or want to gather the resources (be it financial or not) to run it to it's fullest capacity.

i agree with you completely about the comparison to PC platform games. a very few online games i rationalized like i bought the sims & several expansion packs. & i asked myself if i should spend more than this, once it gets up to around the $100-120 range. um.

there are a few reasons why i am hesitant to do this with MSM. first, the price in diamonds for the ethereals is too unrealistic, at least in this PC version. if the phone players can earn diamonds by getting more friends into the game, that's nice, but i don't play on a phone with a tiny screen. 2. not enough gameplay. you feed the monsters & click them for coins. which is okay, the game is not running me ragged like farmville 2 is doing right now. 3. the game makes us wait, & wait, & wait. you get used to waiting. & i become more likely to wait, & less likely to spend diamonds on speeding things up. they increased time per island for simple things like deleting rocks & castle upgrades, & this has made me very patient about waiting for monsters to hatch. i'm not going to bother wasting the diamonds i collect from mines on speeding up nurseries. i may end up having to spend diamonds on the yool since i will be away from my computer during the xmas holidays, which will decrease my breeding chances. & it is only 150 diamonds as compared to 1000 for an ethereal. we'll see.

yes, virtual families 2 had potential, but all the bugs ruined it. i finally gave up on checking if they'd finally updated it.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 20, 13 8:33 AM
try3cats wrote:
kore21 wrote:saw this visiting random islands. all the new shugafam characters are there, seemingly fully grown. this must've cost a fortune in diamonds or are we able to view the phone version also, where friends will get you diamonds? or is this someone who works for the game? it looks great, but shugabush island just started for us & someone's filled it already? i'm blown away

Do you read other peoples post? The clue was giving the success % on breeding the new shugas and the results. The stated the types of monsters and % rate attempts. More than one post on breeding success and statement of speeding up the process.

yes, i read far far too many posts here. but i saw nothing from you when i looked last, since i did wonder if one of the 2 islands with all the shugafam was yours, & nothing about breeding odds. it is nice to know the breeding odds may be better than breeding an ethereal. & the reason i suspected you was because you were the person reimbursed with all the diamonds. but i was not going to name names, since there were other possibilities. but even with good breeding odds, speeding up the nurseries many times for your method takes a good chunk of diamonds, which most people will not have because they have not been reimbursed like you have. but nice that they did that for you, which gives you a head start on everyone else.

on certain facebook games, there are indeed game employees who maintain their own game, moderate groups to interact with players, & always have examples of the new creatures/items as advertising. they friend new players thru the groups & invite them to visit their game to gain experience points, thusly helping the player, & maintaining game interest. i know of 4 people who are employed by one game alone who do this. so, it was honest speculation on my part.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 20, 13 8:16 AM
FishyFemale wrote:
Chelkey wrote: And until Yool and Shugabush Island just came out, I started to lose interest in the game all-together; I understand breeding Ethereals should be rare, but one should get at least one once a month....

I refuse to pay for an Ethereal as I can buy an entire PC platform game for less than that price and I already have invested around 30 dollars for diamonds and coins, games really max out in worth at 40 bucks IMO.To me, waiting more than a month for something to occur in the game bores me to tears, I like the daily anticipation, but it does get old after a month or so goes by.

Believe me, I hear you, and most of us share in your frustration regarding how hard it is to breed ethereals, especially when we hear how "easily" others seem to do it. I haven't spent any money on this game and never plan to as long as I can save up my diamonds in case I run out of time to breed the limited monsters. So far I haven't had to, but that's the only time I would consider shelling out real money. I do think that the 1% rarity factor is too limited. I think they can throw us a little bone and up the chances to 10% and STILL be considered rare. At least it would give us a little more hope. What do the statisticians (real or wannabes) think? Can 10% success still be considered "rare" for this game?

from my experience with neverwinter nights (a "code your own" game) & subsequent playing with randomizers, a 1 out of 5 chance will often take awhile, in fact much longer than i originally thought it would. 1 out of 5 is 20%. so, if the monsters were supposed to be more rare, 1 out of 7 or 1 out of 10 might give the monster better odds. i suspect that each of the torches gives an additional 1% increase, since other mathematics of the game are simple, logical & direct. therefore 10 torches lit would increase the odds to 10-11%. which, while still a bit rare, might generate monsters on a regular basis. however, keeping 10 torches lit at all times requires a lot of friends to light them for you, which we do not have in the PC version. here we can only spend diamonds, which is not economically feasible for most people. & therefore the breeding attempts become somewhat boring after awhile.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 20, 13 7:57 AM
i suspected one of them was yours. there are 2 islands i've seen now that have all the new monsters. one is very nicely decorated.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 19, 13 7:19 PM
Kay1212 wrote:kore21...lol I saw this island too. Gave me a good idea of the suggamonsters...But my first thought was this must of cost a FORTUNE I even started figuring it out it my head in round numbers, lost track around 400.00. Then I figured NO WAY would someone spend that on a game. I know to each thier own, I've bought diamonds. But my total cost is under 25.00.....

yes, it would be some gargantuan figure if somebody bought diamonds. plus the food to grow them

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 19, 13 7:17 PM
pianogrinder wrote:I have Shugabush, Mammot, and a furcorn on Shugabush island. I crossed my Mammot with Shugabush and got something good, (35 hrs) so it will be a surprise to see what kind of Shugamfam I get.
And for the furcorn being the smallest monster in the game, he has the loudest voice on the island, lol. I absolutely love the music on Shugabush island. I noticed in the background there are 2 moons. We're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

i just did that too with the mammott, i think it's a shugarock... but have to wait to see

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 19, 13 4:42 PM
i look at people's islands anyway while i'm waiting for coins for the next pie. so it would be real cool to go light torches for people & whatnot.

mine is 64548IE if anybody can get it to work.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 19, 13 4:37 PM
saw this visiting random islands. all the new shugafam characters are there, seemingly fully grown. this must've cost a fortune in diamonds or are we able to view the phone version also, where friends will get you diamonds? or is this someone who works for the game? it looks great, but shugabush island just started for us & someone's filled it already? i'm blown away

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 19, 13 1:14 PM
how long will the yool be available for the PC version?

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 18, 13 3:10 AM
Zoppy wrote:
Disbeliever wrote:Also, from what someone posted in another thread, it will cost 700 diamonds to buy the monsters on Shugabush Island even though some of these monsters can be bought for 30 diamonds on their home islands. Talk about price gouging! I mean, really, paying 700 diamonds for a Mammott? Come on now. That's just plain crazy. I was excited about the new island, but now, not so much.

Mammott costs NO diamonds if you teleport him from Plant, Cold, Air or Earth Islands. That is what I plan on doing. It only costs diamonds if you waste them spending them on getting them the wasteful way.

Also we got Wubbox on Air. This is great I love having lots of breeding and feeding to do!

we got wubbox on air? this i will go look at... as soon as i save the 75 million

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 18, 13 3:09 AM
alinarouge wrote:A lot of money or a lot of patience... the same Amletic story

Here, at first glance, the most important thing is to buy right away a MINI MINE!
I have just positioned it on my Shuga Island.
And one is done.
Then we have to think about the best strategy to follow in order not to "destroy" our original Islands and Gold one.
Maybe....maybe... maybe.... the best thing to do is to breed a new monster in the original islands dedicated on purpose to Shuga Island, in this way we will be able not to "involve" our existing monsters.
Maybe....
I have to think about

Very very very happy for Yools and also foe WUbbox on Air Island.
I am going to buy him later today because I have an egg.

well, i have "destroyed" plant island already, because i moved shugabush to the new island & the place doesn't seem the same without him. ghazt is there, but lacking in sound quality without shugabush. thinking of finally moving my ghazt to ethereal, & then i will have to breed both again. doubtless this will take forever.

will add that the prices are not going to happen with me. 700-1000 diamonds or more for many monsters? please. i can't see paying more than 150 diamonds for ANY of the monsters in the game. so i think i will not spend any more money on this game. they will be the poorer because i may continue to spend money on zynga's farmville2, where the prices are more reasonable in comparison. it's too bad, because this game has a lot of potential. but this frankly seems like a rich man's game.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 18, 13 1:11 AM
i've never had a blinking problem with anything less than a level 3 & 4 breeding combination.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 16, 13 3:50 PM
i haven't had this happen at all, tho i've seen many wubboxes lately.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 15, 13 10:19 AM
tweedle, mammott, potbelly. it's kind of a pain we can only do this scratch card once a week, & i'll bet the odds are like breeding an ethereal

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator