Posts created by BossBrat

posted in Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make Collectors Edition on Jul 26, 12 10:08 PM
This game is AMAZING! I played the entire game in a single day - a rarity for me. I usually grow bored quickly and end up taking 2 or 3 days to finish a game, but this is a jewel! The graphics are amazing and I was definitely into the game from start to finish. Okay, maybe delving into the mind of someone is 'creepy', but this game was obviously well thought out and done in a manner that wasn't distasteful whatsoever. There weren't HO's every three seconds, a major plus in my book. Although I enjoy HO's, I grow weary of games that have one after another after another.

If you're looking for several hours of good game fun, give this one a shot. And, for those of you who have widescreen, this one fills the monitor - well, it did my desktop at least. I'm not much into playing on the laptop - not a lot of extra memory there.

I would rate this game a 5 out of 5 since my favorite feature was available - using the map to jump from scene to scene instead of using up the batteries in the mouse clicking a hundred times! HAPPY GAMING!

posted in Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition on Jul 22, 12 5:38 PM
I seldom write reviews and admit I'm not very good at it, but I wanted to say that this game is great. The graphics are beautiful, the widescreen actually works (on a desktop, haven't tried my laptop), and the story line is interesting. I bought this without trying the demo, which I have told myself over and over to stop doing. I'm glad I did. I am thoroughly enjoying the game. I have vision problems and the items are not too small to see. You should at least give it a try before passing it up - even if you just demo in order to decide whether or not to buy the SE. Happy Gaming!

posted in Top Secret Finders on May 19, 12 3:00 PM
I bought the game, wishing now that I hadn't. I have got to stop relying solely on reviews. I read one review that said the game filled a widescreen monitor and it DOES NOT. There is no option for this either.

The other turn-off for me is the grayness of all the objects. It's almost like the screen is flushed out and eye strain will run rampant.

I will finish the game since I did pay for it, but I have got to start playing the demos I suppose. I hate doing that since a lot of the games have to download all over again if you decide to buy it, and thanks to AT&T, we have limited usage now. Go over and pay more for your internet usage. UGH!

On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give this game a 2.

posted in Criminal Minds on Apr 21, 12 1:41 PM
I bought the game after playing the demo for only 15 minutes. It might not be spectacular, but it's every bit as good as most games. I found the graphics as good as any and the fact that it took about 2 seconds to change scenes didn't bother me in the least. If you are a fan of the tv show 'Criminal Minds' you will most likely enjoy this game very much. It's not filled with ghosts, vampires, ice queens and gore wherever, but do we really have to have that all of the time to enjoy a game? I hope not. And, you do have to remember, these are point and click games, the most simple games there are. None of them are exactly exciting, but we tend to expect more and more and more from games, but don't want to pay the extra price it would cost to develop those types of games. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give this one a 3 1/2, which is fine for a $7 point and click game.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 25, 12 4:30 PM
This was an okay game. The graphics were great and game play was smooth. There was even a strategy guide included that kept up with your progress, a real rarity with strategy guides!

On the downside, the diary (log book, whatever) blinked about every 5 seconds! I was constantly clicking on it to stop it from glowing. And, the ending was HORRIBLE. I'll say no more on the subject.

I bought the game and finished in a few hours. I noticed another post and will repeat that if you turn the volume of the game all the way down you get this calming waterfall sound. I really enjoyed that. No crazy, repetitious music this time. I give this game a 3 out of possible 5. Not bad for a lazy Sunday afternoon of gaming.

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 12 12:52 PM
I had all but stopped buying CE's, as most are not worth double the price. BUT, when I saw this game had 4 bonus chapters I changed my mind. What a treat!

I assume I can say this is an Alaware game, and that was all it took to know it would be a quality game. I am not disappointed in the least. The graphics are amazing and my entire screen is filled - no black borders. I jump a bit every time a character 'leaps' at me from the screen - which simply adds to the game! I love being scared.

The strategy guide is available from the main menu, but you do not have to actually leave the game to access it. You just click menu, strategy guide, find what you need and click out of it and are back on the game. I saw some complaints about this, but it's no biggie where I'm concerned. It would be if I had to actually go to the main menu and exit the game to do so.

I seldom write reviews, but felt this amazing game was worth the time. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I am. Happy gaming!

posted in All My Gods on Feb 27, 12 12:35 PM
I tried to like this game, I really did, as it kind of reminded me of "Settlement Colossus", the one game I always 'fall back on' when I'm bored or there are no games to my liking. I failed miserably.

First of all, I love this type of game - no time limits, no waiting for hints to recharge, etc. It was simply a building game where you do what the other 'gods' ask of you in order to become the 'head god'. The graphics were fine and I didn't run across any glitches.

What I did find, however, was that I never had enough of what I needed to go forward in the game - especially gold. I was always running out of 'manna' and by the time I got enough to do something, especially getting gold, it was never enough to progress in the game because I would run out of, yep, manna, before I was able to mine enough gold.

I may try this again later on, however. When it comes out as a DD, it could be worth another try, just to see if I'm having an 'off' day. Until then, I'll just play SC and see what comes out tomorrow. Happy gaming everyone.

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 25, 12 1:46 PM
I got the 'dump file' as well and it told me the game would start back where I was at when that happened. NOT! It took me way, way back in the game. Gee, I knew better than to buy this one with all the technical issues. SHAME ON ME!

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Feb 24, 12 10:53 PM
I have been playing this game off and on all day and I LOVE IT! I keep reading comments about 'no flowers', but, since it makes no difference one way or another to me, I bought the game and am happy I did. I love looking at each new scene - all the vibrant colors and details are just wonderful! I will, I am sure, play this game again later on. Some games are worth a re-play and this is definitely one of them. Thanks for a great game! The developers did a wonderful job on this one!

I humbly disagree. I found it repetitive and boring. I have never been so sick of morphing objects in my life!!

The guide, for general use, was fine. However, if you happened to miss a set of numbers you needed, you had to go back and search for them, because, for the most part, the ones in the guide were not the correct ones. I found the entire game boring myself.

Next to last year's fiasco (Crystal Skull), this is the worst effort made by BF I do believe. The game is not very long to begin with and I found no extras whatsoever! There are no regular hidden object games - ALL MORPHING OBJECTS. That got so boring and tiresome after a while it actually took me 3 days to finish this boring game. I found it silly, at best.

I HOPE someone can help because I am stumped and know I won't get an answer from Zynga for days and I can't continue game play.

I have finished this part of the game and put the stork key in the lock and got the door tokens to activate. I activated all of them and returned to the door and inserted them. However, 1 of them was no longer activated. When I returned to the area where I activated it in the first place, it was no longer accessible. It was the sink area in the morgue where there was a HMO earlier.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, please tell me what to do! The game worked just fine up to now and I have no idea what to do. I did leave and return to the game to make sure and still could not gain access. GEE! MCF games are getting worse every year I do believe. (Sorry, my opinion only)

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Nov 12, 11 2:51 PM
I was totally DISAPPOINTED with this game! The name is Legion and you don't even get to fight?! What's up with that?! The game ends with 'Legion' smoking a cigarette after you find a letter? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?! HAS GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!!!! geesh!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight on Sep 9, 11 9:09 AM
Have been waiting for this one and buying it now. I find, in general, that if you wait for several hours after a game is released it downloads a lot faster. It's also faster if you save the game to your desktop and download/install from there. Chrome also seems to allow for a faster download.

posted in Crop Busters on Jul 5, 11 7:39 AM
Very simple game that would be great for a child or someone who doesn't want any challenge in a game whatsoever. This reminds me of some of the early M3 games, no glitz or glitter. Cute concept of building your farm. Hmmm, there was a game a while back that had the same concept, excepting it was a little more involved. Don't remember the name, but remembered it took forever, FOREVER, to go from the farm to the M3 board. This one doesn't have that problem. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give this one a 2. It's just too simple and no challenge whatsoever for anyone over the age of 10.

To hide your task bar simply right click on the windows icon (bottom left), click properties, click the task bar tab and check the 'auto-hide task bar' box. Hope that helps.

posted in Supermarket Management 2 on May 24, 11 11:41 AM
I LOVED SM1 and when I was asked to beta test this one, I was so excited! Then I started playing. YUK! It was 'all over the place'. I couldn't find a 'pace' with this one the way I did the first game. And, after the first few levels, it gets harder and harder to beat the clock. Not my cup of tea.

I WISH I HADN'T BOUGHT THE GAME! It doesn't even deserve game of the hour! I was doing just fine until I got to the part with the puppets and didn't have all the parts! Then, everything was either 'clear' or I had to use a fairy and I had the dragon! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!

Same here, excepting I am missing parts of the puppet and a puppet heart. I shows everything to be 'clear' or that I have to have a fairy to do something but I have the dragon! This is the most worthless 'guide' ever! WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! It makes playing no fun at all since you can't go anywhere or do anything!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator