Posts created by LizzieK

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 10:46 AM
I stopped playing this game on August 20th due to the extreme high cost of opening new areas, repetitive multiple quests and boredom. The answers below were from when I was playing.
There are 33 HOS in the game where I am on level 33. How long would you say it takes you to do all 33 HOS? 40 - 45 minutes

When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene? yes

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon? I have played both ways; I prefer fast.

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day? I haven’t been playing full rounds of HOS because my finger hurts. I usually play 4 or 5 times a day and more on the weekends.

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets? As soon as possible, I don’t pay too much attention to the daily quests anymore.

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours? No

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when? I often forget about the Game Table. I usually play Anabel (she’s easy) and if I win I will give the Dragon a try.

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel? Like a fool I don’t have a limit.

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest?. I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.

How many games of Midnight Castle do you have as different players? I have 3. One on level 11, one on level 15 and my main game on level 34.

How do you keep your pointer finger or wrist in shape? I wear a wrist support but I just have to take Advil for my poor finger.

Statistics:
What level are you on and how many tasks have you completed? 33 with 1003 quests
How much time have you spent playing? 15d 15hr 40min
How many flowers have you collected? 36285
How many HOS completed 9183
How many achievements? 69 How many pets? 16 & 1 egg to hatch

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 10:16 AM
Sometimes in the Bar Counter HOS the eye patch is on the mouse. When I see that it always brings a big smile to my face.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 9:58 AM
The answers from these great players are very helpful to me. This will change the way I play the game. I hope more players will post their strategies.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 8:49 AM
I asked these questions in another topic and the responses were so good that I thought if would be of benefit to all players to start a new topic.

I would love to learn more about strategies from other players. It would be great if you would answer a few questions I thought of and please share any other tips you have.

There are 33 HOS in the game where I am on level 33. How long would you say it takes you to do all 33 HOS?

When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene?

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon?

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day?

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets?

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours?

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when?

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel?

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? (I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.)

How many games of Midnight Castle do you have as different players?

How do you keep your pointer finger or wrist in shape? (mine is sore)

Statistics:
What level are you on and how many tasks have you completed?
How much time have you spent playing?
How many flowers have you collected?
How many HOS completed?
How many achievements?
How many pets?

Do you have any other tips for players?

There are lots of successful players here in the forum and I would love to hear strategies from many players.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 8:38 AM
Many thanks to silver hawk and bayouguy. These answers are so helpful. I think I will start a new topic for this so everyone can see these great strategies.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 6:43 AM
Bedazzles wrote:My strategy from day one of starting this game was to just search every single HOS every time I play. Quests have been mostly secondary. Between updates I just search to build inventory. I have never been short on coins/stamps, I do not sell my inventory, or craft items to sell for coins, because if you just search the HOS you will have plenty of all of these!

Thank you Bedazzles for this insight into the way you play the game. You are one of the more successful players and I know many other players would benefit from tips on playing from you.

I would love to learn more about your strategy so I hope you will answer a few questions I have thought of and please share any other tips you have.

There are 29 HOS in the game where I am on level 33. How long would you say it takes you to do all 29 HOS?

When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene?

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon?

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day?

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets?

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours?

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when?

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel?

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? (I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.)

How many games of Midnight Castle do you have as different players?

Do you have any other tips for players?

If anyone else would like to share tips and answer these questions please feel free to do so. There are lots of successful players here in the forum and I would love to hear more strategies from more players.

I started a new topic for these questions so please post any answers in the new topic.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 3, 14 5:47 AM
Hi Cynthia,

Here is the link to the story of Len. Only players who knew the old BF will understand.

The Bow Figurine - How it began - How it Ended - The Real Story
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/280697.page#5683862

Error on line 40, column 25 in wanda/user_posts_show.ftl topics.get(post.topicId) is undefined. It cannot be assigned to topic The problematic instruction: ---------- ==> assignment: topic=topics.get(post.topicId) [on line 40, column 25 in wanda/user_posts_show.ftl] ---------- Java backtrace for programmers: ---------- freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Error on line 40, column 25 in wanda/user_posts_show.ftl topics.get(post.topicId) is undefined. It cannot be assigned to topic at freemarker.core.Assignment.accept(Assignment.java:111) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:209) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:209) at freemarker.core.IteratorBlock$Context.runLoop(IteratorBlock.java:167) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:416) at freemarker.core.IteratorBlock.accept(IteratorBlock.java:102) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:209) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:209) at freemarker.core.IfBlock.accept(IfBlock.java:82) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:209) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:209) at freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:189) at freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:237) at net.jforum.JForum.processCommand(JForum.java:334) at net.jforum.JForum.service(JForum.java:287) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at net.jforum.util.legacy.clickstream.ClickstreamFilter.doFilter(ClickstreamFilter.java:59) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:1822) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)