Posts created by jillaroogirl

posted in European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 15 10:05 PM
This is one of the few times when I played a game just to finish it. I found it boring and repetitive. The storyline was dull and the collectables almost impossible to find - squinting and magnifying glass required - that I gave up.

A game I regret buying.

posted in Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition on May 4, 15 12:24 AM
I've just finished this game. It was one of the best games I've played - beautiful scenery, multiple sites, collectables, not many HOG scenes, lots to do, many varied mini-games to play...and it took FOREVER to play. This took me days to play even though I skipped a few mini-games (too eager to continue).

The cut out scenes were a bit lacking and the hidden object scenes where you had to find the piece of a picture within a picture drove me spare, but luckily they were pretty easy and not many to do.

For value for money, this game is right at the top.

thyca29 wrote:1. open the ring item.
2. click on the note.
3. while the note is open close the item by pressing X in the right corner.
4. open the item again and it will work.
Found this solution in an other post called "signet"...It really works

Someone said that he uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I didn't want to do it so I kept reading messages
Once You've done the 4, changed the signet, open again the note, click on it and you'll can push the green button

Hope It will helps

Thanks. This worked for me. I was not happy with the idea of having to reinstall.

posted in Awakening: The Redleaf Forest Collector's Edition on Jun 7, 14 12:07 AM
NanaRen wrote:
Robilyn wrote:I got a warning that my computer did not me the requirements for this game. I my encounter problems. What the heck does that mean? I have never seen a message like that before.

I am having the same problem! I also have never seen a message like this, nor ever had any problems installing any BF games. Any ideas? Thank you!

I got the same message and so am reluctant to try the game. Is it just a glitch?

posted in Fall of the New Age on Apr 25, 14 7:08 PM
Damn, I have just discovered that I didn't pick up the oiler and now can't get it. I am not impressed that the only fix is to restart - deleting now and am very disappointed. There needs to be a fix for things like this.

posted in Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 14 9:37 PM
What a brilliant game - everything has already been said about the features.

This is one of the few games where I really enjoyed the music. Now coming in and reading the comments, I'm going to have to restart the game as I didn't know about the morphing objects! The notes are hard to find which is a good thing and the puzzles are different as well as the hidden object scenes. Love the accent and voiceovers.

This is a definite buy - just waiting for some Easter specials.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Apr 2, 14 2:47 AM
I'm obviously in the minority with liking this game. I have the whole series and found this one extremely boring with hardly any areas to play and not much brain power used. I bought it, but have just uninstalled it as I just can't be bothered playing it.

I'm on the fence of this one. It has a lot of good things to make it a great game, but there are some irritating things like the voiceovers and the graphics being a bit lame. I do like the mix of puzzles and the fact there is a lot of game play before HO scenes. Unsure if I will buy it - will put it on the maybe pile.

This will be one of the few ERS games I won't buy. Even though I read negative reviews on here, I thought it was because of people's preferences, but now I understand why. What is the purpose of the rat? None. What is the purpose of the camera? Also none. And the many dollhouses where you have to find coins is just a waste of time.

I love, love ERS games and love this series, but this frankly, is the worse so far.

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... on Jun 3, 13 9:56 PM
I've just finished this game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though it was only the SE, I felt like it was a CE due to collecting the origami; I enjoyed the game so much I wish I had purchased the CE.

The graphics in this were absolutely stunning, with voice overs and non-annoying music, it had everything I love - it reminded me a lot like the Drawn series.

Looking forward to the next game.

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 13 7:58 PM
I've just finished the game and I liked it. i thought it was fun, cheery, interesting, long and non-dreary. I have lots of games that are very similar, i.e. dark with rain, monsters, devils, vampires, etc and I still buy them. It's nice to have a happy, sunny, and bright game once in a while.

I love the ERS graphics and have almost every game - am a big fan of these non rainy/dark games even when the storyline has witches or bad people, they are still enjoyable.

I liked the mix of hiden object scenes and mini games with plenty of both; neither too much of the other.

The game took around 4 hours and the bonus another 2. That's good value in my book.

By the way, I'm almost 40.

I give this five out of five.

I've just finished the game. I like ERS games which is why I bought it; yes the game is similar to others they've done, but I still enjoyed it. The music this time was turned off (a first for me). The puzzles are quite easy, which I didn't mind. There is quite a bit of wandering around due to no map and the hint not being overly helpful. Even though I didn't mind the repeat of hidden object scenes, others would, but for me, I think beauty, I know where the objects are...LOL.

The biggest negative for me was the length of the bonus game. Though it finished the story, it was a bit short for me, when I was just starting to get into it.

Like others, I'm a fan of ERS games, but this one too, was 'not my cup of tea'. I also was not keen on the boosting of the helper's powers, that just grated me. Understand that the developers are trying something new, and others like it, just not moi.

For this reason a no buy for me.

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on May 4, 13 11:38 PM
I'm glad people are so honest with their reviewes. I've been looking for another CE game to play after just finishing an excellent game (Shiver: Moonlit Grove) and wanted something to match. With this one, I was on the fence. I do like the interactive scenes and am a fan of puzzles; so will sit and wait for the SE to come out and then reconsider.

posted in Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition on May 4, 13 10:42 PM
I love ERS games, but not this one. I am in reverse in the thinking that this is a backwards step for ERS, not a forward step. At the start, I thought the graphics are superb and sat back ready to be impressed, but that is where the excellen graphics stopped - the game became very comical, in that the drawings looked like comics, with the hidden object scenes even worse.

There are better ERS games than this one.

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on May 3, 13 12:20 AM
Wow, I can't believe all the negative reviews. I think this game is one of the best games I've played to date - I love the non-hand holding; it feels like a true adventure game, with having to work out a lot of things to do yourself and combining actions.

The graphics are beautiful, crisp and clear. The music was so spooky, I turned it off.

I don't think the other Shiver games come close to this one - this exceeds those games.

Thanks for this wonderful game devs and BF, I am thoroughly enjoying it.

posted in European Mystery: Scent of Desire on Apr 26, 13 4:26 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The graphics were beautiful, there was a nice mix of puzzles and hidden object scenes - which were all interactive, and there were multiple locations. Voice overs and an interactive map completed the game. An excellent game that I wanted to continue forever. Wish I had bougth the CE now...

Looking forward to the next installment....

posted in Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition on Apr 24, 13 5:19 PM
I'm obviously one of the few who didn't like it. Although it has voice overs, morphing objects, and interactive HO scenes, it didn't grab me - there are other developers out there who do the same thing with better results. I found that the objects were tiny and often would find an object by clicking on something else - so by accident. The music in the HO scenes was beautiful though.

A no buy for me - there are better games than this - for me.

posted in Lake House: Children of Silence Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 13 12:10 AM
I've just finished the game and it was quite long. The graphics are excellent and there are lots of things to do with multiple locations. Although the game has a 'spooky' undertone, the thing that scared me the most was when the characters would suddently pop up on the screen, LOL!

Considering the length of the game, I think it is well worth the $$.

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 13 7:41 PM
Well, I was thinking of buying this game, because even though it wasn't like the other Azada games (which are fantastic) it had enough to keep me interested. I did find however, the objects in the hidden object scenes hard to find and the music was annoying...but then I got the black screen of death and that was it for me. A no buy.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator