Posts created by donald147

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 12, 14 5:16 PM
An adjoining room will have a small red box up on the wall that when you examine it, it is the back side of the alarm & will show you what color to cut. One of the tools you should eventually end up with is one to show you where all the alarmed rooms are, which makes it easier so you know where to look for red boxes. Until then, just keep an eye out for them and ALWAYS examine them b/c there will be an alarmed room in the immediate vicinity.

If you click on the shields to reveal the figurines you've earned, when you click on the book again it won't be empty.

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 8, 14 5:48 PM
The locked objects do take longer, but they usually have several good items in them (like candies or cash). It does take a special tool to unlock them but you can make it faster with a star purchase on the corkboard.

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 4, 14 12:18 PM
Believe me, I know that feeling. I've been playing it on my iPod for about 3 months now & when I got about 1/3 of the way into chap2 and realized how badly I'd been playing I started over from scratch. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to wipe the info with the BFG version since uninstalling doesn't remove your saved game.

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 4, 14 12:16 PM
Did you have enough time left? Did you get the comments about the safe room? If that wasn't it, then I'm stumped. I really haven't had many bugs with this game either on the pc or my iPod.

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 3, 14 2:24 PM
When you get in the bedroom (upper right), your character should say something about there being a secret room & maybe the key's hidden somewhere else in the apartment. You just have to use a tool (paperclip or key) to unlock it.

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 2, 14 11:31 AM
Some areas are locked and require a tool to open. Otherwise it's usually a matter of just going through logically in that if you're starting at the bottom of the building, you have to go room by room to get to the top. You can't skip over rooms, but rather can only enter rooms with a door attached to the room you're already in (although later there are tools that let you climb through a window & out onto a balcony).

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 2, 14 11:27 AM
The dining room area is 4 large squares & the ring box is on a table in the lower left square.

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 1, 14 10:30 AM
The numbers you see on the mirror or when you go in to buy tools/equipment are how many new items are available.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 31, 14 10:59 AM
If you're talking about the "Prized Pussycat" case, the building you want is the 2nd square from the bottom in the very center (white with a black roof & sort of V-shaped).

posted in Another Case Solved on May 31, 14 10:49 AM
If you haven't already bought something that gave you access to the paper clip needed to unlock the door, you can get one in one of the objects in the upper right room (but I can't remember which object had it) which will also unlock the ability to purchase more on your tools menu.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 31, 14 10:47 AM
The major cases with the question marks paperclipped to them have a bonus case hidden in them somewhere for you to find. Once you find it the case will show a green check mark but if you finish the case without finding it the question mark will change to a red X and you'll have to replay the case to find it. They are hidden in either the city map (which is why it's important to reveal all the locations and not leave any unidentified feet) or it'll be one of the objects somewhere in the building investigation. The bonus cases can then be accessed by scrolling you drawer from chapter 1 to the bonus drawer (click the right arrow next to the drawer label until you get there).

There's an extra bonus case that's a freebie on the part where you can pay real money for extra cash/candies. First item at the top offers the case for liking them on Facebook (which you really don't have to do, just go back to the game after clicking on the link).

If you're having trouble finding them, just post a question. One of the other posts here already has clues to finding the bonus in the "Vinyl" case.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 29, 14 8:11 PM
The file cabinet & the cabinet under the mirror give you bonus at the end of a case or newspaper. The chair saves you money when you have to replay the cases.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 29, 14 12:07 PM
During the tutorial levels, the game makes you choose ALL of the same item but later you can string together only the amount you want/need.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 29, 14 12:05 PM
Once you've identified all the buildings (no more feet symbols), it sort of becomes a logic puzzle with the clues helping you eliminate buildings until there's only 1 square that's never shaded dark.

So if the 1st clue says "not on the water", when you click on it all the water locations (usually docks or boats) will go dark. Then if the next clue says "at least 2 from the train tracks", when you click on it the squares close to the tracks will be eliminated.

The more clues you're given, the harder it gets and you sort of have to work quadrant by quadrant with it zoomed in somewhat & go through the clues. Sometimes the square you need isn't a building, so keep that in mind.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 29, 14 11:58 AM
briddes wrote:I cannot find the bonus cases in the filing cabinet. Do I need to buy a different cabinet?

When you click on the cabinet to go into the cases, at the bottom of the screen there's a drawer label (chapter 1 at the beginning) with an arrow at either end of it. Click on the right arrow until you get to the bonus drawer.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 29, 14 11:56 AM
Yep, newspapers are the only way to make money regularly but the higher the level the more you make (I'm getting $500-700 per paper at level 19). However since you'll need hundreds of newspapers to get through all the cases, you will keep earning it. I'd say buying the furniture is pretty important. Something gives you a bonus percentage, something else gives you a discount on how much it costs to replay cases, and they all give you new tools that are helpful while playing the cases. Plus there's like 4 or 5 levels of each, so the first may only give you a 5% bonus but later it's 25% and then 40%. Exchanging candies for cash is not a good idea because you'll need them eventually (mainly for office decorations & bonus time on cases).

posted in Another Case Solved on May 28, 14 10:27 PM
Posey, the secret case is in a blue locker in the employees room at the top left (which also contains 2 bonus candies).

For those who haven't bought the paper clip needed to unlock the door, you can get one in one of the objects in the upper right room (but I can't remember which object had it).

Also for clarification, if the case file shows a question mark there is a hidden case (sometimes on the city map and sometimes on the building investigation). If the case file shows a green check mark you've already played that case and found the secret but if it shows a red "X" then you played the case and didn't find the secret.

Bonus - if you go to the screen where you can pay real money for candies & game cash, the 1st thing on the list is a free bonus case for liking the game on Facebook. Click on it to unlock the case (you don't actually have to like them once FB opens, just go back to the game).

posted in Another Case Solved on May 28, 14 10:08 PM
If you click on the cop, he'll tell you how many donuts you need to connect with him to get rid of him (same with the criminal and lockpicks). You can connect him anywhere in the string (1st, last, or anywhere in the middle).

posted in Another Case Solved on May 28, 14 10:07 PM
It's finally giving me 3 newspapers. Not sure what the issue was, but it seems to resolved itself.

Yeah, it was released on iTunes a couple months ago also as a "freemium" game. The company that makes it just added chapter 4 about 2 weeks ago so hopefully they'll keep adding to it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator