Posts created by cagamenut

I love the first three Echos of the Past games, so bought this one without the trial..
A lazy week-end coming to catch up on some games! thanks BF & Devs!

posted in Old Clockmaker's Riddle on Jul 16, 12 4:16 PM
beryltheperil wrote:
cagamenut wrote:I'm having a fun and relaxing time playing but don't have any idea what, or why, I'm doing it! What are the piston like things on the left side? And what about the colored circles under the pistons? I'm probably having serious senior moments and just not seeing something. Love the relaxed mode. Just right for those evenings when I'm more brain dead than usual. Lovely graphics! A buy for me

Me too!

I'm now on my 2nd go through and still haven;t worked out what the pistons and circles are for! I'm off to play with the title page now, I notice the man frowns when you press quit

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in my confusion! Thanks!

posted in Old Clockmaker's Riddle on Jul 15, 12 11:20 PM
I'm having a fun and relaxing time playing but don't have any idea what, or why, I'm doing it! What are the piston like things on the left side? And what about the colored circles under the pistons? I'm probably having serious senior moments and just not seeing something. Love the relaxed mode. Just right for those evenings when I'm more brain dead than usual. Lovely graphics! A buy for me

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 11, 12 12:39 PM
Well nuts, I like this game but have absolutely no idea what I am doing. Have little people getting food and chopping wood, and one little man with serious depression. Was it really necessary for the moderator to remove the suggested strategy guide link? I'll find it myself before the depressed little man throws himself off the cliff.

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Jul 10, 12 10:52 AM
I use games like this when I'm too tired to concentrate on HO games but there is no relaxed play option. That means a no buy for me. I love watching those little guys work but it's not enjoyment if I'm watching the timer bar instead of the graphics. So easy to add relaxed play and let the player decide.

posted in Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition on Jul 5, 12 11:17 AM
I really like ERS games and was excited to see another offering from them. I'm a little on the fence about the game tho. Not fond of silhouettes at all, and found those particular hidden object scenes to be more difficult. The silhouettes seemed very washed out and difficult to discern shapes. The graphics were good and I didn't find them to be grainy on my computer. One objection is the story keeper who did not have an Italian accent. A missed opportunity there. I'll probably buy the game since I have not been very happy with recent game offerings

posted in Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies on Jun 25, 12 11:59 AM
I did the beta on this and lasted 10 minutes into the trial. The popping in and out of the characters was annoying. I can't honestly say that there was much to like about it. In trying to maneuver within the game, if I clicked on a character, she just kept saying the same things. The music was pleasant but became annoying after a while. The only bright spots were the conversations between the parents, and that made me laugh. Typical Victorian humor. Absolutely no buy for me

posted in Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds on Jun 13, 12 1:46 AM
I was excited when I saw this game since I loved the robot in Azada..but trying to turn those arrows is a pain! And no relaxed mode? I'm passing on this one too, durn.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 12 10:54 PM
I too enjoyed this game and am looking forward to seeing more from this Dev. I took the time to read the credits, and liked that the Devs thanked their families. A lot of creativeness in that group! Thanks Devs and BF!

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 12 11:02 PM
Finished and thoroughly enjoyed! In fact, I can't think of a single thing that I didn't like. The story line was interesting and I love the use of real people instead of cartoons. I mute the music in order to immerse myself in the game so I can't comment on that. Some of the puzzles weren't quite as easy as in other games, especially the eyeballs on the gate. I really like games with 'off the wall' themes, and this was one of those. In some ways, it was a sad game and I kept reminding myself that it was just a game. Graphics were beautiful and very well done. I'm glad that I bought the CE because it did help me through some rough spots, and the bonus game finishes it off. I don't use the wallpapers or music, but love those bonus games. I hope we will see a sequel, just as well done. It seemed like a long game, but I wasn't keeping track of time. There is a lot of 'to and thro-ing' which some gamers might not like, but it all made sense to me. It's a dark themed game, but not a dark game. Even the credits are clever. Hidden object scenes were not dark. Great job, Devs and BF

posted in Rebuild the History on May 9, 12 12:50 AM
Timed Match 3 game, no relaxed play. I muted the music because I found it irritating. I'm using a desk top computer with a standard monitor so I don't know how well the game fills a different sized screen. There is an option for 'letterbox' and 'full screen', as well as the option to use the game cursor or not, but I thought the game cursor was a little sluggish. The actual size of the playing field doesn't fill the screen. As one progresses through the game, there are power ups. Tutorial option. There is no skipping through the introduction messages. I enjoy Match 3 games when I don't want to think too much; just relax and play. I didn't find this to be particularly relaxing and it's probably a no buy for me

posted in Malice: Two Sisters on May 6, 12 5:24 PM
No problems downloading or playing the game, and I really didn't miss the voice overs. I liked that I could forward through the written lines, as I read them, rather than waiting. A couple of times, I felt lost in the game so used the hint button. After several tries of general advice, the hint finally specifically showed me where to go next. Seems like very little hand holding, which is good! Just enough to get the player to the next step. The only problem was that I didn't, and still don't, understand the ending. Thick headed on a lazy Sunday afternoon maybe. Lovely graphics, the shades of brown, dull green and gray fit the story line. Interesting story twists from a new Dev

posted in Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 12 12:20 AM
I'm working on the Bonus game but am so glad I bought the CE because of the SG. Remembering that City of Fog was a tad confusing at times, I figured this would be the same way. The HO scenes were not too difficult with tiny objects, but I play the darker games without any lights on, and that helps a lot. Love the graphics and the real people instead of cartoon people, but players who are spooked by skeletons and body parts might not enjoy this game. The 'gross' things didn't seem to show up until further into the game. I didn't notice any background noise in the game so was surprised that others did. I'm a no music player since I find any background music to be annoying. A map would have been a great addition. Thanks BF and devs for an intriguing game

posted in The Book of Desires on Apr 18, 12 12:06 AM
I liked this new game enough to buy it after the trial ended. The story line was unique and interesting; perhaps a sequel will be coming. I hope so The game, during the hidden objects scenes, was rather dark but perhaps giving the option of making the game brighter would take away from the theme. I found that playing in a dark room helped to find objects. I thought the graphics were lovely, and very fitting. As someone else posted, they reminded me of Drawn. Some to the puzzles were difficult for me, and I wish I used the walkthrough. I muted the music as usual. I wish there had been a map and journal since having those seem to make the game flow smoother. This isn't a very long game, but I really enjoyed playing it. Sometimes the length of the game is not as important as the enjoyment one gets while playing. Great job BF and Devs

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition on Apr 3, 12 12:06 AM
I rather liked this game. Loved the graphics and while I didn't particularly like having to scroll down on each SG page, I didn't have a problem with the SG reverting back to Content. I muted the music so can't comment on that. Download was easy with no problems. Towards the end of the game, I thought I finally knew who was causing all the problems, but the ending did leave me with unanswered questions. The swaying on the balcony, and the lighthouse platform, was awesome. I felt as tho I was really standing there. I have a problem with heights but that part of the game didn't bother me...or at least I hope the scene was swaying and not me in my chair! I loved the first Shiver game, and I'm not sorry I bought this one. Love spooky games!! The hidden object scenes were not too difficult to find, and there wasn't one hidden object scene after another. The games were fun and not too difficult. Thanks, BF, and devs, for a fun evening!

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition on Apr 2, 12 11:53 PM
I hope you found the cork but just in case... (highlight the answer).you need to get the curtain rod down from the lighthouse room with the sink. Use the crate to reach the rod. That leaves you with a rod bracket for the gutter piece so it can fill the sink with the dripping water.. I went through the SG and couldn't find where it covered how to get the cork. Hope this helps with the cork!

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 12 8:27 PM
Only sunshine for Disneyland, compliments of Snow White!!! But now that I've finished the game, I'm still glad I bought it. Again, there are no voice overs and while the very well done SG doesn't keep up with the game, it stays where you left it. One thing I think I noticed was that the hint button refilled every once in a while, even if I didn't use it but wondered if it was tied to the SE. Anyone else seeing that? No penalties for over clicking. Some misspelling, ie Tube for Tuba, and a couple of things that were oddly named, but it wasn't a problem. I'm excited about the planned sequel and will definitely be buying that. The bonus game was, for me, worth the CE price since it finished off the story and prepared you for the sequel. 5 fishes for BF and the Devs!

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 12 8:29 PM
mhatfie wrote:
cagamenut wrote:Shadowfax44..here in southern California, we do snow dances! And they work Hope a sun dance helps you!

We are going to Disneyland end of April so please do not do a snow dance then, we would prefer ROFL.

I promise, no snow dances for your Disney trip! It was too late last night to play the trial, but I'm enjoying it now. I'm not sure about the game cursor; it seems too bulky. The scenes are beautifully done with glistening ice (snow!!) and I think this will be a buy for me too. I love CE games and am not particularly picky about voice overs, which is important to some gamers. It's so nice to see a new developer! I like the ides that (spoiler) I'm bringing people back to life..or at least I think I am! The trial is finished so I'm off to buy PS all the comments made me smile/laugh too! Thanks, guys!!

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 12 1:14 AM
Shadowfax44..here in southern California, we do snow dances! And they work Hope a sun dance helps you!

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 12 9:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel to this game since it left me hanging. I buy CEs because I like knowing the 'end of the story', but this game didn't do that. I enjoyed playing it but there were a few negatives. The SE didn't follow in place so if I used it, I had to do some searching. No journal and no map. I felt like I didn't have the entire game; (highlight for spoiler) what happened to the uncle? The graphics were good for the era, and I liked the brightness option. No problems with the download nor game. I'm still on the fence about this one, even after finishing it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator