Posts created by ajuma

posted in World Mosaics 5 on Aug 11, 11 7:12 AM
I loved 1, 2 and 3. I wasn't so crazy about 4 as it seemed as if most of the puzzles were the easy 10x10 ones...but I DID like the 25x25 ones that the put in near the end.

The thing I liked best about 1 was that you could choose one of 3 or 4 different boards to play. In 2, 3 and 4 you had to play them in order.

posted in World Mosaics 5 on Aug 11, 11 6:44 AM
Just got an email from the developer and World Mosaics 5 is in the works!!!!!

They'd said that WM4 would be the last one but I guess so many customers protested that they decided to make another one! Yipee!!!

Developers DO listen!!

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 9, 11 7:49 AM
If you go to youtube there are a few (not very good) videos that show exactly where you should look...but I think the ball is camera shy!

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 5, 11 4:23 AM
By "finish" do you mean "get all of the trophies"? That "same career" one is a doozie! I finally cheated (if you go to the developer's site you can find out how to do it!) to get it.

And WOW!!! You've been playing since it came out! Good for you!!!

posted in Astroslugs on Aug 2, 11 4:03 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
- its a nice puzzle game, but a little bit too easy for me.

Happy gaming everyone

I agree. I played about 10 minutes of the game and plan to go back and play more...but it does seem pretty simple.

Actually, this is the type of game that I really like. It's untimed (I think! I didn't notice a timer!), I have to think, and it's a bit different than the run of the mill games. When I finish the hour I'll be back with more info.

posted in Julia's Quest: United Kingdom on Jul 25, 11 6:11 AM
I got the access violation too... and I'm using XP! I'll give it one more try!

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 23, 11 4:54 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Well, this game has a real "fanclub" so to speak (I was going to say cult following but that might be misconstrued) and great reviews on sites other than this one.
I must admit that I trialled this when it first arrived, but just couldn't "get into it". Maybe I just wasn't "in the mood" or an "old fogie", but it wasn't a buy for me.
I am hoping that those of you who have played and liked this game will respond favourably to enable those considering purchasing this as a DD.
Of, course I always recommend that you try before you buy. (And you already have an established forum to check for assistance if you are "stuck".)
Cheers.

I agree!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Magic Farm...I've played both the original and Ultimate Flower countless times but for some reason, I just couldn't get into this game either. I bought it during a sale a couple of years ago because of the great recommendations but I just couldn't seem to "get it".

A lot of people love the game though! Try it...you might like it too!

posted in Nertz Solitaire on Jul 4, 11 7:08 AM
I managed to get the patch from the developer but it STILL freezes now and then...which is a shame because this is SUCH a fun game!!

Some people HAVE been able to get it to play with no problems, so my advice is: Be sure to play "Challenge" mode before purchase (I think that's what it's called...it's the 3rd one down) as that's the one that usually crashes.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on Jun 29, 11 6:32 AM
This is one of the puzzles that I had to use the googled walkthrough for.

If you go directly to the game thread, maybe you can find more help.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2312.page

posted in Farm 2 on Jun 13, 11 1:08 AM
I can't figure out what to do with the carrots! They jumped up out of the ground. I dragged them all over the place...I clicked on them. I clicked on the icons...no clue!

I'd like to give it another shot but I'm confused!!

posted in Farm 2 on Jun 13, 11 12:15 AM
Just letting everyone know that you need to uncheck the box if you don't want to install the "Bing" toolbar when the Direct X download comes up!!!

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jun 12, 11 1:16 AM
sassylassie wrote:
Good morning Shadow Ann Lady and everyone!

I do hope they enjoy it, but why the heck would I want to know about dreams of a Geisha? According to Wikipedia (and I knew what a Geisha is) it confirmed what I all ready knew what the position of a Geisha is. Even if this game was free I wouldn't play it just because of the title. These ladies are totally disgusting in my book! I am totally surprised BF would put a game out with this title on it. Anyways, where is that other H0G Murdock mentioned? Is that going to be another F.A.C.E.S.?

I'm not sure that you and I read the same info about geishas on wikipedia. I've always been interested in Japan and the history of geishas is fascinating!

Geishas were NOT "ladies of the evening". They were highly trained artisans, proficient in music, dancing and acting. They were NEVER required to "accommodate" a customer...unless it was HER choice. They were the ONLY women in Japan (at the time) with any type of financial independence. I find them...and their lives...remarkable!

posted in Alien Hallway on Jun 8, 11 3:16 AM
I wanted to try this game but it asks me to install some random thing from Microsoft. Does anyone know what this program is/does?

I live in fear of "Bing"!!

posted in The King of Fire on Jun 3, 11 2:07 AM
I THINK the coins are kind of like hints and tell you what piece goes in a certain place. After clicking on a coin, either a branch or a leaf showed up, so that's why I thought that! May be totally off base though!

posted in The King of Fire on Jun 3, 11 1:15 AM
I beat the binary one (with a silver rating no less!) purely by accident!! What I did first was to make sure that there were no more than 2 of the same icon next to, above or below each other.

You're ALSO supposed to have the same number of similar icons (the leaf for instance) in each row. So I started counting and found that I had 4 in each row...except one near the bottom where I had 5...so I changed one of the leafs to a branch...and beat it!!

This is by NO stretch of ANYONE'S imagination a M3 game!!

It's a pure puzzle game with clunky controls (you can have music and sounds on or off), a weird way of starting the game and unimaginative graphics.

I was hoping for a GOOD M3...or even a good puzzle game but this one fell short on both counts!!

posted in Fire Flower on Jun 1, 11 5:07 AM
You have to play all the way through adventure mode before "relaxed" mode opens up.

I've had this game for a long time and have thoroughly enjoyed it!!

posted in Floating Kingdoms ™ on May 29, 11 6:33 AM
Daisy: The pizza making is my absolute favorite part of the game!! It's just so much fun to listen to the pizza chef...and I STILL haven't decided if it's a waitER or a waitRESS who delivers the pizza!!

posted in Floating Kingdoms ™ on May 29, 11 4:04 AM
jkuci wrote:
I timed out on the first game so I wasn't too encouraged....

That was the mahjong game right? You have to exit the wood site (upper left corner) when you get the amount of wood that you need.

Try it again and when you get the number of "boards" that you need, exit and the magician (or whoever he is) will tell you what to do next.

posted in Floating Kingdoms ™ on May 29, 11 1:20 AM
This is one of my all time favorite games! There are a variety of games to play...none of them are timed per se, and it's just a relaxing way to spend some time.

Be sure to check out the "original" C&R thread and read genkicoll's fantastic review!

posted in Magic Farm on May 27, 11 7:21 PM
Is that the last one? You have to wait 3 "days" (3 rounds) before it blooms at the top of the stalk that's in the last garden. It only appears once!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator