Posts created by bajacalla

I am stuck here, too. I believe I got the garden shears early in the game, and now cannot trim the bush for the last book. I have nothing in my inventory. any suggestion?

ok, I downloaded the trial for this and fell in love with it, so I purchased it at the end of the trial.

now the screen is all wonky: too narrow, and the bottom part (i.e., inventory and all controls) are cut off. not one thing did I do differently.

I read in another post to change the screen from widescreen to full screen, but that only made it worse.

at this point, the game is unplayable, and I’m out the purchase price. I’d rather be able to play the game than get my money back, but something tells me that’s going to be the only resolution, as other games with this problem have never, ever, ever, ever be resolved by tech support.

has anyone else had this happen? if it had been this way in the demo, I wouldn’t have spent the money! why was it just fine in the demo, but carpola once I paid?

game crashed in Level 53, now crashes whenever that level starts. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling, but wondered if anyone else had been having the same issue.

posted in Fatal Passion: Art Prison Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 14 9:09 AM
Mac OS 10.6

game downloads just fine.

but it's completely unplayable in any display mode, because the bottom of the screen is off the monitor. not only can I not see the inventory, or the items to find, I cannot see the "menu" button, and must hard close the game entirely.

please note, BF people: this happens in EVERY display mode.

this is not the first game this occurs in, and it is not the first game for which no *appropriate* solution is offered. and I'm tired of the "help" offered by tech to basically be "change this" "change that" "uninstall/reinstall" after I've tried each of those things, only to be told that they don't see anything wrong.

I know it's not BF's fault; it's the developers'. but as long as BF continues to NOT PLAYTEST these games on SEVERAL Mac OS so they're even cognizant of the problem - and CONTINUES TO OFFER PASTED BOGUS HELP - then I don't see what I'm paying for with my membership. I had to cancel membership at ****.com because of tech issues like this, and although I've been a BF member for YEARS, I can't continue.

posted in Island Tribe 2 on Feb 24, 14 6:34 AM
this is the second offering in less than a week that excludes Mac OS 10.6. please, Big Fish, tell me if that's going to be the norm from here on out. because if it is, I will have to cancel my subscription. I had to do that with another game site recently, when it became obvious that "updates" in their games made them unplayable on my computer.

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf Collector's Edition on Jan 28, 14 2:16 PM
Anna_Allison wrote:I had no problems with the amulet until towards the end of the game. Minu comes and Jesse turns back into a ghost wolf to chase him off. The elder says only the amulet will pierce the veil. I can tell I'm supposed to find all the symbols and click on the right one on the amulet, but it's flying all over the screen. Can't even hit the guide, menu or skip buttons. This is definitely a glitch in the game.

I'm having problems at this point as well, but what's happening is that 3/4 of the screen becomes pixilated and only about 4 of the symbols show up via the amulet. quitting out and restarting doesn't help, and I'm too far into the game to create a new profile. I don't see anything on the "Help" pages that addresses this.

posted in Farm Frenzy 4 on Jan 8, 14 8:24 AM
game crashes immediately upon opening. actually, it doesn't even open, but goes to the crash gump. had to uninstall. will try again.

maybe I'm crazy, but sometime after I collected the syringe, it disappeared from my inventory. I got the brush, and put that by the photo, got the black paint, but no longer have the syringe to get the white paint. has that happened to anyone else?

posted in Elementary My Dear Majesty on Dec 4, 13 4:43 PM
whoa.... and no record of my having purchased it exists anywhere. I hope I'm not going to be charged twice for this game???

bajacalla wrote:well, this was a new one on me.

downloaded, installed, started playing, was enjoying, so bought at the end of the demo.

then I got to the cat on the book. nothing was working, so I tried to quit out and get a clue here. couldn't exit the screen. could only pause. no way to get to the menu screen. it was completely locked, and no keyboard command would do anything.

so I turned off my computer and rebooted - only to find that the game had completely uninstalled, no record of having been played or purchased.

I'll try to reinstall from my account, but I am still completely mystified.

posted in Elementary My Dear Majesty on Dec 4, 13 4:41 PM
well, this was a new one on me.

downloaded, installed, started playing, was enjoying, so bought at the end of the demo.

then I got to the cat on the book. nothing was working, so I tried to quit out and get a clue here. couldn't exit the screen. could only pause. no way to get to the menu screen. it was completely locked, and no keyboard command would do anything.

so I turned off my computer and rebooted - only to find that the game had completely uninstalled, no record of having been played or purchased.

I'll try to reinstall from my account, but I am still completely mystified.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair on Sep 11, 13 10:29 AM
unplayable for me. just like the CE, the game doesn't fill the screen, is cut off at the bottom, and has a pretend menu bar at the top. no tech support has helped. I've written directly to Orneon telling them of the problem; maybe they'll write me back.

posted in Namariel Legends: Iron Lord on Aug 27, 13 4:14 PM
never mind. I figured out what needed to be done.

posted in Namariel Legends: Iron Lord on Aug 27, 13 11:36 AM
I can't get the propeller puzzle to play. I have all the propellers on the console, but cannot choose any of them. I get the hand cursor on the switches, but only there, and of course can't flick the switches. any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or is this a glitch, and if so, has anyone else experienced it?

wish I could play it, but unfortunately it is another one of those games that will not display correctly on my screen, in spite of *all suggestions* from the techs. I don't know what the common denominator is, but it's really frustrating.

I think I'll just cross Ormeon's games off my list in the future. I'm really not interested in an extended email session with tech support that basically ends with them shrugging their shoulders and me still not being able to get the game to display correctly.

wish I could play it, but unfortunately it is another one of those games that will not display correctly on my screen, in spite of all suggestions from the techs. I don't know what the common denominator is, but it's really frustrating.

posted in Royal Defense: Invisible Threat on Jun 11, 13 6:22 AM
same here, only not only does it not open, I get a crash report.

posted in Silent Scream II: The Bride on May 16, 13 9:04 AM
kagomechina wrote:For people that are saying there are no walk throughs...um hello..just goggle the game..there are plenty walk throughs shish

really? have you actually clicked on the links that come up on Google? they're not walkthroughs, they're game sites to download the game itself. or they're blank forums waiting for people to post a walkthrough. or - my favorite - they offer a "walkthrough download" that's malware.

posted in Silent Scream II: The Bride on May 16, 13 9:00 AM
exact wrote:Use the Hint if you are lost. The sparkles show you where to go are sometimes just shows shows you what you will have to do and finds items in HOS scenes. A fun game!

can't use a hint if you're playing the advanced mode. and, unlike all the other games with multiple difficulties, once you've chosen the mode, you cannot change it without restarting the game under a new profile.

I'm only posting here because the "Centering" thread is closed and those of us with technical problems are being immediately referred to Customer Support, and I'm on a Mac.

this is the 4th or 5th BF game that I've been unable to play. if I can't play it, I can't buy it. and yet, not one of these games with these issues have ever had them resolved.

the game screen is cut off on the bottom, so I cannot access most of the inventory items or return to the menu.

there is a Menu Bar at the top of the screen with only one option available: Quit.

no amount of adjusting the aspect ration, screen resolution, or closing one eye and hopping on one foot does anything. can't play in windowed mode because none of the screen resolutions apparently support that option.

I'm really going to whine here, because I've contacted Customer Support on every other one of these problem games with no solution. none.

ok, I'm done. slap my hand and tell me to contact Customer Support.

mostly what I've been doing is advising friends with Macs not to download games from Big Fish, and I've been a member for years.

posted in Push The Box on Mar 11, 13 3:36 PM
I really, really like this game. it's a lot like [Removed by Moderator] "The Adventures of Lolo" from the '90s, and I've been looking for a similar one ever since. this is definitely *not* a "kids' game" - the first few levels are easy, but they get diabolical. you need *logic* and *speed* to beat these levels - I'm on 21 now (and still on the demo), and deuced if I can figure it out yet!

I'll be buying it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator