Posts created by Izziewizz

posted in Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 13 4:42 AM
Valdy wrote:Ermmm... no, Baikal. The game still freezes when I want to exit it. All I said was that the game itself plays perfectly fine, but the game freezes on the main menu page when I click the "exit" button.

Same here, Valdy. On exiting the game mid-trial, clicking on the exit button results in an access violation and having to kill the game off via the Task Manager.

I'm going to buy it, but I hope it won't lose my progress when I exit the full purchased game.

posted in Love Story: The Way Home on Jun 27, 13 8:59 AM
Access violation in HO scenes here too.

posted in Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition on Jun 22, 13 2:54 AM
Oh, I loved Grim Fandango. Does it seem very old fashioned now?

I've just DLd this game. If it has half the humour of GF, I'll be buying it.

Tried again.

Stopped at 1%

Started to download. Stopped at 10%.

I'm in the UK.

Get it sorted, BigFish.

Stalled at 58% again.

I'm off to research other game websites....

Dumped the DL at 13%.

Restarted it - got to 58% in a minute and a half and now it's stopped completely again, now at a standstill for 10 minutes.

I'll try again.

Not good enough, BigFish.

caliehs wrote:I never post on here but - If you are having issues with slow dl's - check your computer, it's not big fish - I pretty much get every new CE and never have slow dl's - had to adjust firewalls and virus software etc -

It is Big Fish. My laptop is completely up to date with drivers, software, etc, and we have the fastest internet connection possible in the UK (My partner is an IT professional.)

Trial version downloaded without any trouble.

DL is stuck at 12% and has not moved for 5 minutes.

Don't even think of going to your account, looking in your purchased games and DLing one from a while ago. I've tried - stuck at 0% for 30 minutes before I gave up.

Get your act together, BigFish. I've just paid a tenner for a game, and I should not have to wait for hours to play it.

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on May 2, 13 1:27 AM
DL bowled along, got to 20% and has slowed right down.

It's not our broadband, that's running just fine, I've tested it, and is the fastest we can get as my partner is an IT techy and uses our home connection for work.

Please, BigFish,get this sorted - I don't want to go to another games site, but these variable speed downloads are very, very frustrating.

This is a really slow download. Even pausing the dl and restarting it a few minutes later isn't helping.

It's got to be at BF's end because, due to my partner being an IT professional, we have the fastest broadband possible for our area, and the broadband provider's tech is not reporting any problems.

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Mar 30, 13 2:51 AM
Not a buy for me, I'm afraid.

No proper collectibles or morphs, same old same old storywise, and very easy indeed.

I played the demo for a while, but gave up when I was required to construct a hat for my assistant. That would be fun if I were eight, but I want something a bit more challenging and grown up from my gaming, thanks. I won't even bother with the SE on this one.

No collectibles or morphs? No buy as a CE for me, then. Not even a map? Hmmm - I've seen games come out as "deluxe" versions before now, and I think this might have been more suitable as one of those.

posted in Dreamscapes: The Sandman on Mar 15, 13 5:05 AM
That's not Tim, that's Leonard from the Big Bang Theory.

Well, that's who he looks like to me.

posted in Dreamscapes: The Sandman on Mar 15, 13 2:36 AM
I'm stuck too - which stones are we supposed to be moving?

Thanks in advance of any help given.

Edit - no worries, it's sorted - I hadn't used my crayons.

posted in European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 13 12:50 PM
broosb wrote:Stuck! Glitch? I can't zoom in to put the halberd in the knight's hand? Please help me solve this problem....

Have you collected the tobacco scent from the knight? You can't place the halberd until you have.

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 13 5:11 AM
I've done that, Baikal, and been told to update drivers, etc, despite the drivers being the latest I can get.

It is only some games, though - Dark Canvas was terrible, all Elephant games are unplayable, and MCF: Shadow Lake had to be uninstalled before I'd even got to the end of the introduction!

I'll send another, though, just in case someone there knows of a solution.

Thanks

Izz

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 13 4:40 AM
Why do games from Elephant make my screen flicker, when games from other developers do not?

I really want to buy this game, but the flickering makes the game unplayable.

posted in Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 12 5:43 AM
Oh, yes. Twenty minutes, and it was a buy for me.

Lovely graphics, great H0 scenes, a bit of mystery and cute animals.

And it doesn't flicker! (I have terrible trouble with some games flickering - and yes, I've updated all my drivers, submitted a report to Support, etc, etc. )

I don't think these are the Puritans who went to the US anyway - isn't the story set "20 miles west of Skye", as it said in the intro.

(20 miles west of Skye would be either South or North Uist, but I suppose more people have heard of Skye.)

Do any other UK fishies think that Angelica looks a bit like Jessica Hynes (Siobhan in "Twenty Twelve"?

I do.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator