Posts created by Dialogue

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix on May 11, 12 3:50 PM
As an earlier reviewer wrote, this game is typical ERS. I have enjoyed almost all of their games. I played the Collector's Edition in the advanced mode. I sometimes need hints in the hidden object scenes. There are no hints in hardcore mode.

I enjoyed the progression of the story and I enjoyed using the Phoenix to uncover the hidden runes. Other people complain about it but it breaks up the game a little for me because it's a lot easier to do than the rest of the game.

The minigames are fun. I had to skip a couple even though the strategy guide explained how to do them. I didn't feel like doing all the steps to get through them at the time. I know I'll be playing the game again in the future when I have more time to do all the minigames.

The musical tracks were good and not too obtrusive when I turned the music to low.

The graphics were done well. That made the hidden objects easier to find but they were still hidden well enough for me to have trouble with a few.

For those who want to know, the player doesn't lose any part of the story when they choose to buy the standard edition. The collector's edition just adds a little more to it.

I rate this game out of 5.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 6, 12 9:04 PM
Hello all,

I finally officially started the game Sunday afternoon. This game seems to be harder than the first one. It is taking me a lot more time to figure things out. I finally made it to the robot who thinks Mina is Nemo. After I figure this one out, I'm off to bed. It is now almost Sunday midnight and I haven't gotten very far. I think a fresh brain will be helpful. The morning cup of coffee will probably be a big help too. Good night all!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 5, 12 8:15 AM
Hello again to all. I am in too. I'm not sure when I'll start but I intend to play this group play.

I read that some of you were surprised with the download bar. The same thing happened to me with the bar filling up and the 1.7 billion bytes showing up. I thought I'd never get it downloaded because I kept getting "delayed write errors" after I got over 1 gigabyte. I finally downloaded it in safe mode. It was a strange download. It counted up to 2.02 billion bytes then started counting down to where it was supposed to be. It wouldn't install in safe mode but it installed when I rebooted my computer. I ran the opening screen just to make sure the game played. It did.

It's good to be back with the crowd. Good gaming and good fun to all.

posted in Green Moon on Apr 19, 12 10:37 AM
I am with the majority here. This is one of the most fun and most frustrating adventure games I've played on Big Fish Games. I like the travelling through time and the concoction creation. Spoiler: The section on the moon was really frustrating but well worth the time. I used a walkthrough at times when I played it at first. Once I understood the concept of the game I was able to figure things out without the walkthrough. I'm glad I bought it, even if I did pay full price for it. It's worth it and I would pay it again if I had to. At the daily deal price, this gem is a steal.

Beautiful game ERS. A definite buy for me.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Apr 5, 12 2:35 PM
I agree with most of the good and bad comments about the game. I enjoyed the originality that was put into this game. Players don't usually see hidden object scenes within hidden object scenes. This made the hidden object part of the game more interesting to me. The mini games were different enough that I enjoyed every minute of playing them although the light the pictures with the lanterns games were a tad frustrating. Both times I played it I was surprised that I had actually done it. The girl's voice was a little grating to me but I reminded myself that the voice belonged to a real person and people sound like what they sound like. If I dislike the sound too much, I move away from it.

Even though I played on expert mode I was surprised at all the extra help the game provided. I wasn't upset about it though because throughout the game I used most of all the help that was available except the strategy guide. I forgot I had that. It's a good thing that I did because I might have used it to complete some of the minigames instead of working through them myself. (Just laziness)

I really enjoyed this game as an adventure game lite. The people who complained about too much help should play the large file games. You don't get any help with those and they are fun and frustrating too.

I rate this game out of 5. I'm expecting a sequel to this game since (spoiler) the girl hasn't found her mother yet. If any Puzzle Lab people are reading this thread, can you tell us if you are considering making a sequel?

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 30, 12 5:51 PM
This game is a breath of fresh air. It is so different from other Hidden Object/Adventure games I've played. It's really fun to play even though there is a lot of hand holding in expert mode. Between the map, the task list, the hints and the dialogues, it is not too hard to find one's way around. It's a thinking person's game but you don't have to think to hard to figure out what to do. This game is probably easy to Large File and Adventure gamers. Hidden Object players might need help. For those people who still don't know what to do with all the other help, there is a strategy guide. I haven't used it but I did look in it. It looks to be a pretty good walkthrough of the game.

Hats off to Puzzle Lab . This is a really nice game. Good music, good graphics and good story. My kind of game.

I rate this game out of 5.

posted in Pahelika: Revelations on Mar 30, 12 1:21 PM
Pahelika games are a great starting point for adventure gamers. They may be adventure games lite but that is alright with me. I really like Pahelika. Revelations set us up for a new Pahelika and I will be looking forward to it. Pahelika makes a player think which is what I like about the game. The game is simple. It doesn't have a whole lot of flash and animation. It's soothing to play. The music was nice until I got stuck in the game. Then the looping music annoyed me because I heard it for so long. I used a walkthrough, got out of the scene and out of the loop. The music went back to nice again. I ended up playing on casual because the other alternative was too much for me. I should have replayed the first Pahelika then played this one. I would have been prepared for the game play then.

All in all this is a great game. I look forward to where the revelations will take us.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 26, 12 9:22 AM
pugsy123 wrote:can't pick up piece of pendant in front of gate.to put into grate...anyone else had that problem?

I had that problem. I went back into the city and came out again. The piece was gone. Apparently it was the same piece that had already gone into my pendant.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 25, 12 7:30 PM
I liked that game also. After getting off to a bad start, I figured out what I was supposed to do and managed to finish it. There are so many switches, buttons, sliders and gauges it was a little difficult to see what the instructions were telling me to do. It was fun to do that game. I hope there is another one later on. I'm ready for it now.

To anyone doing that puzzle in casual mode. Were there any hints to help you through the puzzle. There were none in the harder mode.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 16, 12 4:52 PM
Catfish_girl wrote:

@Dialogue I hope you have found a demo for The Crystal Skull. I think ND games to be great fun and they are very diverse, so it is totally possible to love one game and hate another. But I am not sure if I am of any help here.

Catfish_girl,

I found the demo. I was able to play the game. It is easier now that I have played a few large file games. The mini games are really good but the game itself is quite boring to me. The constant rain, the dreary house and everyone in the pictures looked like vampires. It's just not my thing. Does the rain ever stop? On top of all that. For some reason I find the character, Nancy Drew to be very annoying. Now that I think about it. I didn't like her books when I was young either.

I thought Dracula Origins demo was a lot more interesting. Maybe because it wasn't quite so dreary as it was in Nancy Drew. Oh well! I'll just wait until the next group game. I'll keep an eye on the Nancy Drew thread to see when the next game starts. Thank you for the information. You were helpful although it might not seem like it.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 15, 12 2:52 PM
Catfish_girl,

I played Danger on Deception Island. As I said, I tried to play it many years ago and couldn't finish it. I wasn't too thrilled with the story either. It was a little boring. Maybe that's why I never finished it. Anyway, I'll see which one the group decides to play. Then I'll find a demo for it and try it out. If the game appeals to me, I'll play. Other wise, I'll sit this one out.

Oops! Didn't see Mr. Russ' post. I look for the Crystal Skull demo now.

posted in Flower of Immortality on Mar 15, 12 2:43 PM
This is a nice game but I got annoyed with having so many hidden object scenes in the same places before I got too far into the game. It's a no buy for me even though the concept is nice.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 13, 12 3:27 PM
The last time I played a Nancy Drew game I couldn't get through it even with a walkthrough. I've played many large file games since I played that one but I'll have to give this some thought.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 10, 12 11:11 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:Congrats on finishing Dialogue!

@DialogueWhen I first finished I had a very low score, nowhere near 300. There are several solutions to one problem in the game, using them all (if possible), making more stuff and combining more inventory items scores you more points.
And I agree it is a great game and I enjoyed it myself very much too.

Thanks for that information. I will try other things the next time I play this wonderful game. I am glad that I found out about group play. I feel better playing the games knowing I can get help anytime I need it. What a great way to get into Adventure Games.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 9, 12 3:53 PM
I finished! What a great game. Once I had the time to play the game it was so much fun I didn't want to stop. At first, I thought it would be very difficult because of the complexity of the game but the progression of the game was a lot less bumpy for me once the right objects were found and combined. I didn't break 300 though. I was hoping to get more pictures for my picture gallery. Maybe next time.

What would I have done without Jep? That little monkey is truly a lifesaver.

Congratulations to all who have finished. Good luck and have fun to all the rest.

posted in Amerzone: Part 2 on Mar 8, 12 9:58 AM
I was going to buy Amerzone until I realized it was only part of a game. I certainly won't be buying this part either. If Big Fish ever decides to sell all the parts as one game I will be happy to buy it. This game is made by the developer of Siberia and Siberia II. I loved the Siberias and bought them both but they were both stand alone games. This is a rip off and should not be sold on a site like this. If developers want their games to be sold on this site then the whole game should be for sale in one part. This is the second large file adventure game I passed up because it is not a whole game. Big Fish, please do your customers a favor and don't offer us this kind of cut up game. It's insulting.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 4, 12 6:02 PM
I finally found the time to start playing the game. I am shocked that others have already finished. I played for two hours before I managed to get enough food to get up the cliff. I think this game is going to be a long one for me. Hotel was a lot easier.

Congratulations Birdie and Cherbtoo for finishing. I'll get there...someday...maybe.

posted in Pahelika: Revelations on Mar 4, 12 5:52 PM
I've been waiting for this game since I found out it was out at the developer's site. I was patient and Big Fish finally got the game. I played the demo months ago and I was hooked. The first Pahelika was a challenge and fun to play. This game is following in it's predecessor's style. It is a definite buy for me.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Mar 3, 12 7:12 PM
Whew! I finally made it . A power outage knocked my computer out last night and I couldn't get on the Internet all day. After trying everything else I could think of, I had to break down and put another wireless card in my computer. Thankfully that worked because I was out of ideas.

I'm glad to be able to play the game with everyone but since I'm so tired right now, I think I'll start the game tomorrow. See you all then.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator