Posts created by ZuluDawn13

posted in Aaron Crane: Paintings Come Alive on Feb 21, 12 3:08 AM
I'm having a breather from this game but its sooo worth perservering. I bought it.

Its different from the usual games and that's what makes it interesting.

Its far more complicated than you first think.

You will need to do lots of thinking and finding things which will eventually link into what you are looking for - ie the rope and where things go.

It beats games with junk pile hos for me as I like to work things out even when my knuckles go white!

Enjoy fishies and yes, the Hint system, I think its designed the way it is to make you think it through and I agree it can be a bit trying..

The puzzles are quite interesting with new slants on the old favourites.

I hope we see more games from this developer.

posted in Aaron Crane: Paintings Come Alive on Feb 21, 12 12:59 AM
I have the Budda statue but no idea where to put it to be able to move on in the game.. the hint just says - a pump won't work without.... and that all the hint you get. Whatever else I need I can't seem to find and i would have clicked every scene till the cows come home..

Has anyone solved this part yet please?

Its quite an interesting and pretty game - does make you think!

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Feb 20, 12 1:18 AM
Cute Cartoon based game finding Hidden Objects.

The Hint system consists of a little dog who, when clicked for a Hint, will bark louder and louder the closer you get to the item you are looking for.

Wide Screen support and difficulty setting.

Not my kind of game as I love Adventure and the odd Hidden Object Scene included.

I'm sure there will be lots of fishies who love HO Games who will enjoy this game.

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 1, 12 1:02 AM
An Adventure Cartoon Game.

Music, sounds ok.

Choice of difficulty.

Bit hard on the eyes as some objects very small.

Puzzles are the usual - find fuse, put in fuse box, find key etc etc.

Inventory has a kind of box thing which rests over the object you are looking at and can kind of jump around until the cursor 'settles' - this made me feel a bit seasick.

An OK game which I will give a miss.

posted in Elementary My Dear Majesty on Jan 31, 12 1:43 AM
As other fishies have said, cute game BUT.. I could not manage to keep peering at the tiny size of all items in each little world. Yes the cursor will hilight objects to be collected - once you actually hit on it - that could take time seeing all is microscopic!

Colourful, cute and all that but for this old fish who has trouble seeing clearly, a No Buy.

posted in Big City Adventure: London Story on Jan 29, 12 2:16 AM
Nice basic game, music and sounds are ok. Voice overs are good.
Graphics are photo like with cartoonish characters you chat to.

Hidden Object scenes are good with things not too hard to find.

There's an inbuilt Guide and Map. I did find myself constantly Map Hopping and it got on my nerves - find one thing here, one thing there then go back and use the thing you found etc..

Its an ok game but I think I'll pass it up because there's not much challenge involved.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 4:28 AM
Other Fishies have already given a fairly good description of this game so I won't cover the same areas.

I think I'll pass this game up because -

It does not have high quality graphics and seems like several people tried their hand at creating scenes with mixed results. (some good art and some not)

It has Junk Pile Hidden Object Scenes and stuff is too hard to find.

Storyline is confusing..

Not worth a CE rating and even as an SE I would not buy it.

Pity, I wanted to like it.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 7:35 AM
Pleasant game with good graphics, sound and music.

The Hint button takes some time to refresh.

The puzzles are interesting.

The Hidden Object Scenes are like, find 10 or 20 of something and that just about sent me cross-eyed - very difficult to see for my old eyes.

I feel this is more of a SE rather than the CE in respect of child-like monster characters which may appeal to the younger set more.

I think I will have to give this game a miss with the main reason being the Hidden Object Scenes difficulty. Fishies with better vision may find them much easier to spot.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 19, 12 12:07 AM
I thoroughly Agree with ElizabethR1533 review about this game -

Enjoyable game, although there could be improvements, eg: Not as much clicking as many TM games, but still more than there needs to be. For instance: coins/wood/food could be collected automatically instead of having to click on everything. IMO it slows the game down.

I'm afraid the Extra Clicking now introduced in RE2, has made this game a No Buy for me unfortunately. Arthritis is the main problem.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 1, 12 11:15 PM
I am also having Mouse probs.

Its sticky - if i click on an inventory item to use and its not the correct item, the mouse does not want to drop it back into my inventory again... its almost like the item is Glued to my pointer!

I am using a wired, optical mouse - first time had this problem with games.

Hopefully, there are fishies who can help - I have the same prob in windowed and full screen..

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 23, 11 8:41 PM
Other fishies have already hilighted all the good bits of this fabulous game so I will just say - this game Rocks!!

I am already waiting for the Next Installment of this game..

It was an absolute joy as far as graphics went and the gameplay is gold standard - the fact that you could Jump to any location on the Map provided was great - no trudging for miles. Also an Excellent Walkthru provided.

Items collected along the way were beautifully boxed and explained - ie you have found an Mirror Shard...

Scenery was a Joy.

There was SO MUCH to do and this made the game WELL Worth the CE price tag.

I guess I wasn't in love with the Music but that would be personal taste - I love Romantic Classics.

Voices were a bit amateurish.

However, Congrats to the Devs, they have done a really GREAT job..

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Dec 19, 11 8:12 PM
I am so disappointed with this follow up game.

I had been so thrilled to see the RE2 and so sad once I played it.

I have the first SE and CE I really enjoyed those. But what has happened?

The things I found I did NOT enjoy were:

1. Same houses, buildings, voices which made the same comments as previous games - the devs could have expanded on those.

2. Increased clicking of the silly big money coins and wood - each time

3. The 'find your way out" with the wood maze was just plain frustrating.

4. No choice between Casual, Relaxed or Hard Modes for a CE that's not good.

5. Definately not CE Value

6. I love TM games but this long awaited game for me was a real let down..

Same here GameGirl. It has happened again on my game Again tho - I have restarted Twice now..

Not only am I going to take Eons to finish this game as I am not very good at working it all out, but the Errors and Bugs are getting me down.

I have More Specs than I need yet still bombing out.. mmm

Doing the same here - play - get lost and confused - search forum etc etc...

The lighthouse thing with arrows numbers and letters is frustrating me can't move on..

Then there's the fuse box near the lighthouse, put fuse in - can't work out what the heck to do with all the minus plus and arrow thingies.

The Strategy guide is not as helpful as I had hoped.. so stuck well and truly.

I agree with other fishies we are needing a Walkthrough here or the Game Will Become Unplayable for me and that was at the CE price!!

posted in Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 11 10:51 PM
Absolutely Beautiful Game worth the CE price.

The Artwork is exceptional - thank you Top Evidence Studios, I will surely buy another game from you.

Scary in parts which was great and lovely music.

Mini games were good and I love that they could be skipped quickly if required.

Ok there were a lot of Sparkles and there was no choice of levels of play but then the quality play made up for that.

There were many hours of play and the Bonus play was just as high quality as the main game.

Top Evidence Studio people put a lot of time and work into this game and it shows. I hope they make many more.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 14, 11 3:59 AM
What a gorgeous game.. OK its a bit dark, its a bit gltchy or buggy for a better word but refreshing and so much to do - and think about.

Its not overloaded with Hidden Object Scenes - thank goodness!

The price tag is a steal and I would have paid CE price.

It is clear the developers have put in a truck load of work for gameplay fun and it shows. I would definately buy from this developer again - Thank You..

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands on Oct 30, 11 6:09 AM
Need patience for this game and a pair of super large glasses to see the hidden objects - that was the worst part of this entire game for me.

Story and humour were good and puzzles ok.

Glad I bought this with the Spooky coupon or I would have passed it up.

Would have to think twice to buy a follow up game mainly due to difficulty in the hidden object scenes.

Also, when I did have the right object to use, it said it was wrong when in fact, it was the correct item to use - just took several tries in just the right 'spot'.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time on Oct 29, 11 4:11 AM
Most fishies have said it all - a beautifully crafted game which will hold your interest for hours and hours.. it was a very long game! Spent about 6 hours on it..

Enjoyed the Puzzles and the Hidden Object scenes were not too junk piley.. could find things ok.

I waited to buy the SE version and was pleasantly surprised to be able to buy at a special price to top it off - Thank You BF.

Thank You to the Developers of this series - A lot of people were involved in creating this game and I really appreciate your work.

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 2:20 AM
Its just an OK game and would be fine as a DD or SE.

If you like plenty of Hidden Object scenes and lots of Sparkles to do things in certain spots, then this is for you.

Puzzles are the usual like putting gears into a device, guessing code number and the regular, no keys for locks and rusty handles. Nothing exciting or new.

I thought the scenery could have been more interactive rather than just the one or two things you need to do or collect in an otherwise static scene.

Maybe I'm looking for a New Twist in these types of games as I was not enthused with this one at all and certainly not paying CE price for an ordinary kind of game.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Oct 24, 11 10:38 PM
Thank You BF for a lovely game and the Developers for a job well done.

Beautiful graphics, loved the easy on the ear music and cute puzzles. The hog scenes were better than some too.

I look forward to the next episode.

Its obvious this game took a lot of time to make and I appreciate the work developers and all other people who contributed to the game's creation.

I was fortunate not to have any sticky cursor problems like other fishies and I can understand their frustrations..

The only negative thing I would like to mention is the Hint Icon which was an EyeBall, I found it distracting and felt that my Every Move was being Watched!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator