Posts created by samwise50

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 4, 10 2:41 PM
I played the whole trial hour. I really wanted to like it. I didn't. It looked so different, entertaining. The graphics are beautiful. Not too much talking. The characters are interesting, the storyline is kind of OK, BUT too many puzzles. I like them when they're mixed with HOs, interaction, but not the whole game based on them. Actually, maybe I didn't go far enough to get into some HOs parts because I read the description and it says "Exciting hidden objects scenes".
Anyway sorry, not for me.

posted in 3 Cards to Dead Time on Mar 3, 10 3:14 PM
You either love or hate it. I simply LOVE it, as much as I loved the first one. It is so intriguing, mysterious. The unknown, unexplained, always attracted me. I find this game to be very well put together. The storyline approach is unique. I understand that there is a lot of dialogue but it is so important to understand the meaning of Jess' dreams and thoughts, where she comes from, the threats, in order to unravel the mystery.

At least in this one you don't get penalized by clicking the wrong item, which was happening to me a lot in 3 Cards to Midnight. I am approaching this one differently and I really take my time. I didn't go very far with the trial but now that I will buy it I can approach it with less tension and simply ENJOY.

It's very different from any game I've played so far since I've become a BFG's member 3 years ago. It's good to dive into your imagination. The unexpected adventure in the paranormal world.

I guess I'm the only one wondering.
It must be because it's a silly question.
I'll contact CS and let you know, just in case...

If I downloaded the CE's but I decided to wait and buy the regular version in a couple weeks, will I have to uninstall and download the regular version?
Thanks.

posted in Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills on Mar 1, 10 9:01 AM
Thank you all for your reviews. I'll pass on this one.

posted in Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island on Feb 27, 10 6:22 PM
I just finished and I enjoyed every minute of it. Wow! Gorgeous graphics, clear and crisp, lots of areas to explore ( IT), going back and forth to get items you had no access to the first time ( IT), HOs, puzzles (hard enough, thank you), even the story was interesting, unexpected to me. I am sure the replay has value since I closed the game; when I got back, for whatever reason my progress had not been saved so I had to start over a couple areas and the HOs were different.

Short side but so much fun . Don't ask how long it took me I have no clue.

Who did the walk-through? Can't see the name. I wanted to thank her/him having used it twice for harder puzzles.

Thanks

posted in Pathfinders: Lost at Sea on Feb 27, 10 2:48 PM
phatkhat wrote:If the lists of hidden objects are long, and there's not much else to it, then it is a straight HOG, and I don't buy them anymore, except maybe on a DD if it has a great story. I've gotten to the point where I just don't like hunting for hidden objects that have no use to the game - i.e., you are doing busy work, hunting to be hunting.

Same here. Unfortunately straight HOGs are things of the past. I remember how exciting the first MCFs were but things changed, games evolved and luckily for me it's in another direction.

Sorry, not this one.

posted in Escape from Lost Island on Feb 26, 10 11:43 AM
It reminds me when patents expire. Sometimes, it ends up with low quality substitution. Treasure Seekers came up with this unique interface of looking inside an object and dropping what belongs to it into the circle, besides the very high graphic quality and story values. Unfortunately Escape from Lost Island is IMHO a poor imitation.

I demoed it at least a couple months ago and I absolutely can't wait for it to come out. I played the full hour. I chose Casual Mode; I wanted to test all aspects of the game. The tutorial was not intrusive, rather useful. I had to skip the geological puzzle; I can't figure out how to work the decipher plates except for the first one. I understood the numbers and their place on the book but for whatever reason I've not been able to position the second one. I enjoyed to hear the familiar sound of the clock again. There is still so much humor in this sequel, which I love. The mix of **** and interaction makes the game greatly attractive, interesting, and challenging. It was a pleasure to meet Nelly and Tom again. I completed the Ghost chapter but I had only time to fix the portal in Germany. I took my time and read all there was to be read. I didn't want to miss a thing. It is a great game, like the 2 previous ones. The graphics are stunning and the story is very absorbing. Great work! Thank you . It's definitely 5 for me.

Now, as far as the CE goes, I'm not sure about this one. That could be a draw back for me. Like I've read, if it were $9.99 I would not put too much thought in it but $20 is a lot. Is it worth it?

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Feb 20, 10 6:45 PM
Welcome Rufus07

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 6:38 PM
I just finished. I was very pleased with the game in general and I hope they will launch the sequel soon.

I don't recant my previous comments but I now have some reservations. It is not as good as I thought it would be. Someone even compared it to Dire Grove or Madame Fate. I think it is far from being the same degree of excellence. And yes, the graphics are a bit grainy. Yes again the font used in HOs areas should be changed.

However, I enjoyed it very much and I don't regret a bit to have purchased it. The voice of Lucy Decoutere (Anna and the little girl) is very pleasant and seems to pop up in a few games.

So, I will go ahead and give it 4 and hope that the next one will earn it's fifth.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 7:30 AM
I beta tested it 2 days ago and it's already out? Wow!!

The story is very original and captivating, and so are the characters. I like the "music box" kind of sounds. It's surreal, very appropriate for the atmosphere of the game. I really like the journal, it's easy to refer to. I also like the map and the clue sections. The gold star telling you that the area is complete is very handy. I really enjoyed exploring the multiple locations. The puzzles are challenging but not too hard. The skip option is a plus. I also enjoyed the HOs parts.

It's a buy for me.

Great game

Thank you

posted in The Tarot's Misfortune on Feb 18, 10 12:17 PM
When I have to find differences between 2 images, it's already a no-go for me. I find it to be a big waste of time. Boring. I love IHOGs but this one is not up to my standards.
It's a big for me.
Sorry.

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Feb 18, 10 10:44 AM
Thank you mhatfie and tribrach.
I feel more confident now.

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Feb 16, 10 3:37 PM
I am not good at all at this kind of games but being stubborn I will try again.

My question is:

When you're done visiting a location, the objective(s) disappear(s), and there's a new one in the journal, does it mean that I did everything I was supposed to do in that particular location (looking at everything, picking up whatever has to be picked up, etc.)?

I don't want to use the walkthrough right from the beginning.

Thank you.

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Feb 16, 10 3:05 PM
Indy70 wrote:Thanks so very much for the info. The pond is certainly filled with friendly and sweet fishes.

Welcome Indy70!!!!!

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 13, 10 5:29 PM
What an enchanting game
I played it all the way through, can't stop. I took my time (4 hours). It was very relaxing. Gorgeous graphics, nice story, enjoyed the interaction with the goblins, numerous puzzles and rooms to explore. Not many HOs. More interactive. It's a fairly easy game but so well done.
Thank you
and out of 5.

posted in Lost Secrets: Ancient Mysteries on Jan 31, 10 7:16 AM
Thank you again guys for sparing my time. I won't even try it.

posted in The Clumsys 2: Butterfly Effect on Jan 30, 10 5:37 PM
I am not impressed with this one. Although the graphics are gorgeous and clear, the music is not adding to anything but can be muted, the story is ok, it refreshes your memory about great things that have been done in the past and forgotten or taken for granted. There is a lot of interaction but after a while it's kind of on the boring side. The characters are a little annoying (what's with that accent?). I'm getting hard to please these days I guess. No buy for me. Still waiting for THE ONE. Sorry.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 28, 10 2:31 PM
mszoomy, thank you for the indication. This is very helpful

And, thank you server89, this is also something I will try.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator