Posts created by disgruntled_girl

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 29, 11 11:41 PM
That's a pretty conflicting post.

posted in Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box on Apr 24, 11 10:21 AM
3 words:

"Grampa's an idiot"

That vampire was a lovely girl and seemed rather nice!

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Apr 24, 11 10:17 AM
It was a good game. Was. The puzzles are pleasantly difficult. The music has a nice sense of intensity. The stories you piece together are good.

But the ending? Very disappointing. It appears rushed right about there. Despite all the Cthulian references - that does not get addressed. While it's nice there is allusion to a Part 2, I can't see the character giving a crap anymore at that point.

Since there will be a Part 2 - I hope sincerely the makers of this game give "The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital" a play through and let it influence them.

These 2 groups were not on the same page, but definately reading from the same book.

Like I said, it's a great game, but it ends very suddenly and unsatisfactorily.

I do not regret buying this and I will buy the next one.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Apr 24, 11 10:11 AM
Which is pretty much how I kill fireants in real life - I mix Amdro with powdered sugar. Works like a charm but I have to be careful - my new dog is basically a vacuum cleaner and I can't have him sniffing up the stuff.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Apr 24, 11 10:08 AM
Truly the game can be summed up in 5 words:
"Your boyfriend is a Twit."

I know there's a seperate post thread for this but I really gotta tell you, this game is the next level of Seek-And-Finds.

Everything is period. The rooms are not cluttered with completely random junk but items you would find in a 1931 medical patient's room that's had a fight in it. They really went all out when researching this.

Also the twist in Hidden Object - putting items where they belong. There's a scene where you are basically finishing up making a meal. Though the cutlas through the watermelon is a bit odd - fun but odd.

This game has now spoiled me for other Hidden Object games.
Sure, the player has some rather "Did you really say that?" lines but that's to be expected sometimes. And it's kinda obvious we're being propelled into a trap.

But the mechanics and research and puzzle strategies in this game have made it my benchmark to hold all other games to.

posted in Build-a-Lot: The Elizabethan Era on Apr 11, 11 7:22 PM
Played the demo and I gotta admit, I liked it more than I thought I would.
It becomes rather engrossing. No story line - just a good focus on building.

posted in Mystery Cruise on Jan 9, 11 9:49 AM
Theater? Is it the weight? Dang thing is in the box on the stage! The hint wouldn't help me, it kept saying it was in the wall.

posted in Mystery Cruise on Jan 9, 11 9:39 AM
So sorry no one replied. You click on the box next to each light bulb. So from either 1,2 or 3, you would click to the direction the arrow is pointing and go from there. When you run out, back track by clicking to regain lightbulbs until you can choose another direction.

posted in Mystery Cruise on Jan 9, 11 8:38 AM
There's an area that wants me to get Four (4)
It really means 4,1,5,8

There's an are where I could not find a weight (it was inside a box I had to open), I hit Hint and it highlighted part of the wall on the other side of the room. Blew about 3 minutes there and over clicked once.

All in all - still a well thought out game. I played the demo and after a few months, remembered it on this cloudy rainy day and bought the full version.
Plot's good. The scenery is nice. Atmosphere is great.
I can forgive typos where it's apparent someone cut and pasted from a prior message.
Example: "This is Richard, I have not found his soul prints" .... "This is Lisa, I have not found his soul prints "

But the item glitches are getting worse as I pass what I believe to be the half way point. I hope I'm wrong, this is a fun game.
Just mind the glitches.

posted in Affair Bureau on Oct 17, 10 2:29 PM
It is terrible.
This plot - terrible.
The thought process behind the "detective" - terrible.
This had potential. Too bad the game torpedos itself after the first seek. In fact there's no pre-story, introduction and no "tutorial mode". Normally we're all fine without a tutorial mode, but the game drops you in an office where you start to clean.

This was so bad that when I loaded another game to get the "taste" out of my mind: I couldn't really be bothered to continue past the into part of that.

I went to go shoot stuff. This game is officially the worse game I have ever encountered here - and I played Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper.

THAT was a better game than this.

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Aug 29, 10 6:23 AM
I went thru the demo and this is on my top 3 buy list. It is a beautiful game.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 29, 10 6:19 AM
Well I've only hit the walk thru. It is a gorgeous game but the back and forth kind of shattered some of the urgency. I expect back and forth but this actually rivaled Silent Hill's tendency of sending the character to go fetch Item A.

I was disappointed when the walk thru ended with 20 minutes still pending. I'm not use to that.

This is on my buy list but only 5th.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Jun 11, 10 9:39 PM
I'm in the garden (demo) and I've accidentally clicked on the plant cabinet. I need to back out to collect the items before I get there - because one of them is the KEY.

I can't get out of this screen. any help?

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on May 5, 10 6:00 PM
Just finished annnnnnnddd WHAT ABOUT THE SNEAK PEAK?!
Is it "Ashburg Asylum"? Is there an ETA on this?

A great game all round. Kept my husband and I entertained and yes - some of thos puzzles were out there.
Loved the Rube-Goldberg ones.

posted in The Palace Builder on Mar 22, 10 12:00 PM
Close, I've having trouble with the "points" on this level. (the first level you encounter stables and statues).
Id' like to think when the meter says 83/45 I've surpassed the 45 style points needed to clear the level.
While I am playing the 1 hour demo, I'd like to better understand how I'm doing this wrong before going further.

posted in Artist Colony on Jan 29, 10 7:38 PM
ARGH it IS hiding in plain sight!

Throw 3 artists onto the dock. Eventually one of them will find it. And then it appears on solid ground to be picked up.

Remember - even when you uncover a piece, you still haven't "found" it until you make someone pick it up.

posted in Artist Colony on Jan 27, 10 8:57 PM
I ran into this and I dragged them to the mural because they didn't want to look at the pretty plant inspiration, either.
Worked.

posted in Artist Colony on Jan 27, 10 8:55 PM
This is my first "Time Management" game. Normally I like Seek-And-Find. GardenScapes got me to thinking that I should give time-management a try.

Right after the demo ended, I immediately bought this game, even with other games still awaiting purchase.
Now it's 11pm and I'm cursing that I'm not tired and still want to play.

Good game. Really. I don't know if I'm a convert to Time Management - but this and Gardenscapes certainly come with a sense of achievement.

posted in Green Moon on Jan 24, 10 6:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Oddly enough, I downloaded the demo last night and it's already expired. I didn't get to play it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator