Posts created by dlk_shades

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book One on Sep 17, 12 5:36 PM
The game looked interesting but the workers made it really drag. I kept waiting for some speedup for the workers, but they seem to be doing everything is slow moving speed. I deleted the game after 10 minutes - I couldn't stand how slow the workers were. I was playing the casual mode, so that may be the reason.

posted in Rainbow Web 3 on Sep 2, 12 6:22 AM
BUY BUY !!! I have Just finished playing the game again (before it was offered today). I have played it so many times I don't even know and don't care. It is an unusual 3M game and some of the playing fields are different making you think.

I own all three games and enjoy them when I am bored with other games I have. The really keep my interest and I can't stop until I complete that house

The games at the end of each house involve clearing the board in a certain number of moves. You really have to think as not to leave balls by themselves. It does have a redo button for those game and you likely will need it.

I am glad that there is no timer since I sometimes have to stop and think as to what my next move will be to create the match.

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope on Jun 29, 12 7:37 AM
I played the game for about 15 minutes and hated several things about it.

The CUSTOM cursor. It drags and is very slow to respond to where you want to go and you can't change it to the regular one.

I didn't like that in the HO scenes the items are removed with what looks like blood. It really bothered me.

The hand and glass to show me something always annoys me. Why can't the just zoom in of it instead and forget the hand. I wasn't fond of the way it opened and closed, when there was something to pick up.

I am one of those people who sparkles don't bother. I prefer to have them, since I already have a real job (only to pay the bills for more games and pay for real life stuff) that involves a lot of stress. I play the games to relax not have to get stressed about finding something. There is a hard version so no sparkles there.

I really didn't get into the game because of theses things and I didn't try the map. I always play with the sound off again because of all my real job noise. I like peace & quiet when I get home, not more noise.

This game that I wish this was more like Royal Detective. That game I really enjoyed. I would have purchased this game, but I didn't like those things I mentioned. Unstalled it 15 minutes of play.

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jun 20, 12 7:10 AM
BUY BUY !!!! It is so much fun I bought it when it came and loved it then. It got lost in my collection of games, found it and am now playing it again. I love the rothating board - can other Devs do this option?

Yes it is a simple match3 game, but it is a game to relax with. Can't tell about the music since I always play with it turned off - I need to keep track of things around my household. I always play relaxed since I need that to relax me after a wild day at work.

There is the usual power ups, but I rarely use them since because of the board turning. The figures are cute - love the little doll

Try the demo and have some different match 3 fun.

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on May 24, 12 5:49 PM
I had high hopes when I saw the title, but it really wasn't a Snark Busters game. The fun feel of the first two games was gone and it just dragged along. I didn't get beyond the photo and deleted it. Only lasted 15 minutes and it was gone. Why did they change the fun of the first two? Please come back with the old fun style.

posted in Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ on May 2, 12 7:29 AM
I love the game. I checked out the game at the dev and bought it from them in almost a shorter time that the download took - I have a fast internet. I just couldn't wait until BFG got it. Austin is as funny as before and the dog (Shades after my pet) really is almost better that before. I loved him in the first, but he is more active in this one.

I enjoy seeing all the next touches from the dev mascot and bits of their other games in all sorts of places. I have seen Royal Envoy, 4 Elements, and Fishdom. I have gotten in the habit of looking for them.

The HOs are a very minor junk piles, you can find everything easily. The customers are neat looking and when you have to find a collection of items for someone, they give you something in return.

There are still the letters, phone calls, and the newspaper. You have to do some other things - putting pots together to catch drips - fixing a broken pipe.

I am trying not to hurry and enjoy the game, but it is calling to me. If you loved Gardenscapes you will love this one - if not then you will not. It is that simple.

posted in 7 Gates: The Path to Zamolxes on Apr 8, 12 4:50 PM
I have figured out a few of them - Yellow (shuffle), Purple (remove one tile), Green (add time), and Red (bomb). I still don't know what the Orange one does.

posted in 7 Gates: The Path to Zamolxes on Apr 7, 12 8:09 PM
I have replayed this level I don't know how many times and I just can't get it. Is there a secret to deal with this level or is fault with that level. I have enjoyed the game until this level, now it is getting me not liking the game. I want to finish it, but unless I can get pass this level. Please help.

posted in 7 Gates: The Path to Zamolxes on Apr 2, 12 6:40 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT EACH POWER UP DOES? WHEN I CLICK ON ONE I NEVER KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE RESULT IS. HELP PLEASE.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Dec 20, 11 4:22 PM
I own almost all the (removed by moderator) games and play them over many times. I knew that because of that reason I would buy this one I love Royal Envoy, but I don't want this one because of the timer and all that clicking.

I play games that I can relax with, not ones that I have to race around to get to another level. There is nothing wrong with others who like games this way, but I have the type of work job and I want to get away from it at home.

Please don't create another one like this so I that when I see that they are your games I know that I will enjoy that game. Note fishdom and 4 elements 2 are always on my desktop ready to play.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Sep 20, 11 6:42 AM
I bought this game when it was first offered. Liked it then and still like it. I have played it a couple of times and yes I did have problems with finishing some scenes, but that is why the walkthru is great. I also learned that leaving sometimes exiting the game and coming back later give me a new fresher slant on the scene.

posted in Emerald Tale on Sep 16, 11 12:29 PM
Finally I finished the game. The last level with all the critters at the top REALLY was a mean one . I think that it took at least 5 times to finally get everything clear. Getting those keys was a real challenge, keeping all the correct colors there so that I could get the key.

I thought that when I got the Princess I had finished the game without getting to the final level. I left the game and came back in to see if I had forgotten something. I clicked on the play button and WOW the game moved my critter to the last level all by itself.

The best way I found to get everything organized is to keep a rough map noting each level you did it. I would draw it square by square and after doing a section of about 12 levels, I would check my Coin - Jewel records against what I had noted before I did that section. This way if something didn't add up correctly, I knew that it was in just this section.

After the beginning 4th or 5th levels, there is always only 3 COINS & 1 JEWEL PER LEVEL. Somethings there is also a chest, but the coins & jewels never change.

I hope that this helps someone. It is a great game that really involves thinking. Plus I love that when you Pause the game it is only grayed out so you can still see the board and you have a chance to think about what you want to do.

posted in Emerald Tale on Sep 13, 11 7:40 AM
Can anyone tell me what the tablets are for - other than filling them? I have found out that there is only 3 coins & 1 jewel per level, (except at the beginning). Once you have all those, you can exit and move on. I do like someone's idea of doing a split twice - once to open one path, redo the split level & then a second time to open the other path.

I have found that by doing a rough drawing of where I have gone starting with a landmark and drawing / marking each level's jewel as I do it. Whenever I stop for a bit I check that everything matches up with what I had before I started - coins & jewels. If something doesn't match number wise with what I had noted before then I know that I missed something in that section and go checking for what I missed. This way I can keep track of everything.

I haven't finished the game with my second person, but so far he has 237 coins, completed the Red/Blue/Green tablets. By my figuring he will only need 21 more levels to get the 300 coins. As he is only on the bridge, I hope that this will be enough.

The game is fun and I am really enjoying it. It has a lot of play time and as of right now it is taking me away from things I should be doing - sleeping / cleaning / work.
I really don't want to miss work since then I won't have any money for more games.

posted in Emerald Tale on Aug 24, 11 3:55 PM
I suddenly noticed that when I had almost reached the dragon and I hadn't seen any Jewels or coins lately. Because of this I did not even come close to 300 coins and didn't finish the jewel tablets. Can anyone tell me where & how many jewels / coins are on each level. The game is super, what happened?

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jul 8, 11 12:30 PM
Almost done. It has taken me several hours over a good many days, but I do it in small chunks. It is a fun game - a bit easy possibly if you do a lot of M3 games, but the rotation board sets it apart.

There is no way this rotation feature will cause problems for anyone because it is done so quickly you don't notice it - AND I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS.

There is no bright flashing lights or nasty critters here, just cute (well maybe a bit too cute) block figures. I used one of my credits for it and have enjoyed it.

I don't know yet how it ends and don't really care, but I know that I will play it again so (for me) that is one thing I like about it. Other games I remember what I should do and find, so I get bored quickly.

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jul 8, 11 12:09 PM
LOVE IT !!!! LOVE IT!!!! It is great to be able to do this. When you have an empty space because of the chained, locked or rock blocks, you are able to rotate the board and because free blocks drop into the empty spaces to give you some possible matches. It is also neat that the block designs also rotate so that they are always in the right view - no sidewise designs

I have almost finished the game. I really noticed that it helped when you had the chain blocks. This for me was the hardest especially when you had to get those keys to the chests. Deciding if a long chain - to get a bonus - or a short chain to get the key in the right place. The rotation really helped here.

I admit the the game were simple in regard to most M3 games, but this really set it apart. Now I am spoiled and wish that there were other game I this feature is available.

I always work in the untimed mode since I really want to enjoy the game not just race thru it - I get enough of that at work - don't need it with a game.

I have Windows 7 and the game works fine for me.

posted in Herofy on Jul 2, 11 8:05 AM
I own / play Dream of a Geisha. This game very much like it - a rotating board. So far it is a real basic M3 game, but it MIGHT get more interesting. Right now I not sure with 43 minutes left. I did play relaxed - I don't need to race to beat a clock - I do that it at work.
I do love some of the graphics. The coins look like filled vanilla cookies and the potions remind me the red stuff you put on Hot dogs (don't play when hungry

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jun 20, 11 9:10 AM
DISCOVERY !!!! To make a match you must either complete a line that is horizontal or vertical. Making a "L" angle corner won't work. Of course rotating the board makes a lot of possible matches.

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jun 17, 11 7:51 PM
When I have a token I click all over the board trying to make a match. HOW DO YOU DO THIS BOARD !!!!. There must be some way to find the correct match. Please help.

posted in Dreams of a Geisha on Jun 14, 11 7:18 PM
I did the demo and bought it with 28 minutes remaining. The game reminds me of "Ancient Quest Of Sqqarch". There are a lot of things that are the same - chains, pop, and move the hand. I enjoyed that game and am having fun with this one. It looks like it is a bit easier, but both games are fun.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator