Posts created by alvertis5706

posted in Scrabble on Mar 20, 13 1:38 PM
It doesn't offer to switch between different types of dictionaries. However, I wonder if it's different depending on what country you are downloading to. In the starred reviews, one reviewer from the UK complains that she couldn't use the word "qua;; but for me, in the US, it came up as a "valid" word. She also complained that the CPU player used the non-existent word ( according to the Oxford dictionary) "wive", but I found it defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary, and it came up "valid" in the game dictionary.
ETA: On another game site, this game is designated "for sale only in U.S. and Canada". Maybe the dictionary isn't valid for other countries, including the UK.

posted in Scrabble on Mar 20, 13 2:52 AM
ElderJen wrote:When I tried to open this game it told me my drivers were not up to date and then gave me a black screen. I have checked and my drivers are all up to date. Don't know what this is about at all.

I also got this message box about my drivers; I checked the "OK" box, and then the game started, and it seemed to run without any problems.

posted in Scrabble on Mar 20, 13 2:43 AM
@Kegggie: The dictionary in this one isn't defined; you just type your word in and hit the "enter" key, and it tells you if the word is valid or not. When you bring up the dictionary, it also has a list of common 2- letter words listed.
One thing that I didn't like, and that I disabled in the options, is the "best word" function. It automatically puts in the best word for you...so it's basically just watching the computer play.
(I also have that box version which had to always have a cd in; I've been waiting for a straight pc version!)

posted in 7 Gates: The Path to Zamolxes on Mar 11, 13 1:45 PM
After each level in the first section, the Lady will be a little more "cleaned" off. You don't have to do anything more than look at it until you get to the end of the section.
You will then have to find object fragments in the picture to make 3 objects to put back into the scene. (At the bottom of this scene, there are 3 inventory squares, with an "i" in the corner, If you click on the "i" for information, you will be shown exactly which fragments you are looking for. Warning! They are not easy to find!)

posted in Jewel Match 3 on Feb 14, 13 10:56 PM
The music sounds derivative of "Greensleeves", doesn't it?

posted in Mahjong Royal Towers on Jan 21, 13 4:11 PM
Do you have a Windows based PC? They usually have a mahjong game included in the games that come already installed on the computer.
On BFG You might try "World's Greatest Cities Mahjong"....that has many different varieties of mahjong included in the gameplay, including the common "find the pair of matching tiles", and has pretty decent instructions.

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jan 11, 13 4:16 PM
To clarify: to get remaining crystals to buy underwater breathing apparatus; you are not digging in the courtyard area outside the tower.
You first need to make the ice, give it to the goblin to make the heart, then present the heart to the girl in the tower. THEN you will get key to wardrobe, and the dynamite will be in there. GO WAY BACK to the courtyard at beginning (where you repaired the fountain), and put dynamite in crack in wall. (Why would I think of doing this? I don't know...without the game forum). There will be 2 bags in wall; one of gems and one of crystals.

posted in Venice Mystery on Jan 11, 13 2:35 AM
I, III, VIII, XIX, XVII, XIII, XXII, XXIII also didn't work for me; I used:

l, lll, Vlll, Xlll, XlX, XVll, XXll, XXlll.

Images at side of clock will light up, and you click on the sun one, which is like the sun image on the scroll.

posted in Daily Mah Jong on Jan 1, 13 1:36 AM
I was also missing December 30 and 31, 2012 on the calendar.

posted in Daily Mah Jong on Jan 1, 13 1:34 AM
Were you missing the last 2 days of December 2012 calendar?? I was, and ended up in "testing", and then the whole thing froze. I just waited until Jan 01, 2013; and all is now as it should be.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 12 5:17 PM
Is this to get the pick axe on the frozen bench? Try letting the pot go when the cursor is in a spot where it's spinning.

posted in Daily Mah Jong on Dec 13, 12 1:22 PM
In "Options", under "background" settings; there is a "Zen" background. Maybe that's the "Zen" you came across. I don't think there is an option without the timer.

posted in Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens on Oct 30, 12 2:58 PM
It takes the whole game to get them all; if you don't get three stars on everything by the end, you can then start a new game, and it will continue to add to the achievements you already have.
Trick to get the "reconstruct several buildings in a row": instead of buying buildings as you get the money, wait and accumulate enough gold for several buildings, then build them all at once.

posted in Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens on Oct 30, 12 2:52 PM
Did you first activate the wings on the bottom of the left side? When you do that, you get in the middle section of empty tiles: an arrow, a coin, and a turquoise tile. Chain those 3 and the arrow will set off the bombs on the right side. Also remember that you only need ONE colored tile in a chain, so if you have a lot of gold coins bordering the locked tiles, you can chain them all with one colored tile and thereby break a lot of the locked ones at once.

posted in Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens on Oct 19, 12 3:44 PM
There is one tile at the top with 3 roped coins under it? You can use the tile plus the 3 coins to make a chain of 4: you can use multiple coins in a chain as long as you have at least one tile, and using roped off coins or tiles in a chain will break the ropes.

posted in Art of Murder: FBI Confidential on Oct 2, 12 11:23 PM
I think it varies for each player. Mine were:
Top: blue, red, blue
bottom: blue, blue

I was also stuck there; when I went back over everything, I discovered I had missed one of the parable story pieces near the weapons shed (one which completed that parable). When I went back to the stepmother's room, the H0 scene was then available. Maybe you also missed some darn thing like that!

posted in The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire on Sep 14, 12 12:56 PM
About half way through the tutorial level, my cursor became difficult to control; I changed custom cursor to system cursor, but it still is difficult to use.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Sep 11, 12 1:55 PM
Big Fish announced on Facebook that there are new "cheat codes" to add items to the Plants vs.Zombies game. You can find the article in the Big Fish Blog:
(copy link and paste into your browser, or just click the "Blog" tab above)

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/plants-vs-zombies-cheat-codes/

posted in Peggle Deluxe on Sep 7, 12 9:22 PM
I've seen "Peggle" on several gamesites, but never really knew what it was about.
I decided to try it today as a DD, and now I know why everyone is playing it. Not only is it fun and addictive, but it's a really good game for those who think they're bad at "arcade" type games. It doesn't take a lot of skill or speed, and is fully entertaining.
I think this is my new game to do while watching TV.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator