Posts created by hookt

Played the demo. Excellent game! Clear graphics. Good music. Great storyline. No technical problems. Looks to be lots of gameplay time on this one. Personally, I don't buy the CE since I wouldn't use a lot of the extra features. Will definitely buy the SE!

Just want to say thanks to all the fishies who post their reviews on the forums. Before I buy any game on this site I alway check the forums first. Keep them coming folks! It's always valuable information.

Totally hookt!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Oct 3, 10 9:57 AM
Love this game. Had to have it. Bought Standard Edition.

Also love the first one, Drawn: The Painted Tower, and I feel this one is just as good if not better. More interactive things to do here, which I like. Found myself thoroughly going over every scene with the mouse to be sure I didn't miss picking up an object for my inventory.

Played in Casual Mode, but will have to try Expert Mode when I replay. Graphics are great. Music is great. I like the storyline.

Well worth the $6.99 price. Looking forward to the next installment in this series.

Great work Big Fish!

I'm hookt on Drawn!

posted in Keys to Manhattan on Oct 3, 10 8:55 AM
Different type of hidden object game. I like it.

Objects are highlighted when the cursor rolls over them.

Each scene is timed. I normally don't like games with timers, but this one is okay as it gives you a generous 60 minutes for each scene.

The hint button is unlimited and reloads fairly quickly.

One feature I like is the question mark under the list of each object. When you click on the question mark, it shows a picture of what the object actually looks like (which helps).

Good variety of objects hidden. Not just the usual hourglass, abacus, sword, etc.

Each time you complete a **** scene, you receive items to fix up the uncle's house which ties in well with the storyline. Good storyline also.

Had no problems with the game running on my PC, including full screen.

Bought this game before the demo ran out. Don't know how long this game is, but felt it was well worth the $2.99 DD price.

Just want to say thanks to Big Fish for the great variety of games presented here. They manage to have something for everyone. I have only been a member for a few months, but love checking the website everyday to see the next new game, including the Daily Deal and the Catch of the Week! Keep up the great work!

Still hookt!

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 18, 10 7:43 AM
I had to download and find out for myself just how bad this game is. I played the full demo (I know, I'm a gluton for punishment) on Normal (timed) mode and met the Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion and made it to the Poppy Field before time ran out.

The game played okay for me, in full screen from top to bottom, but not widescreen. There was a black bar on the left & right sides. The scenes are bright and colorful, but the graphics need to be clearer, some are too fuzzy. I usually listen to the music, but found it too repetitive and I turned it down.

If you find Toto's bone in the scenes, the wand hint fills right away. I had to use the wand a lot of the time . There aren't junkpiles which is good , but the hidden objects are extremely tiny and very hard to see/find. This makes the "find the differences" mini-games difficult as well.

Like some of the other gamers on this forum, I was excited because it was the Wizard of Oz. I'm really disappointed I was expecting more. This could have been a much better HOG or even a cute adventure game in working your way to the Emerald City to meet the Wizard.

Not a buy for me.

Come on we like games that are challenging, but above all FUN.

We know you can do better than this.

Still hookt.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 8:28 AM
I downloaded the trial version. The game plays fine and in full screen. After 30 minutes of play, I decided to exit the game. After I hit Exit, my computer shuts down and starts back up. I'm not sure if it's my computer or the game as I ran into the same situation with Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole. Anyone else run into this problem?

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jun 26, 10 7:21 AM
Awesome!!! I just finished this game and LOVE it. Great work ! Would like to see more games similar to this one.

After about 5-10 minutes into the demo, that little voice inside my head said "ooohh, I like this one". That's when I know it's a game I have to buy.

Storyline: Very Creative! Keeps you engaged to go further in the game and find out what happens. The story and characters tie in well with other elements in the gameplay. The game title says it all.
Graphics: Excellent! Great use of artwork. Love the interaction of objects with the drawings/paintings.
Music: Totally fits the graphics and storyline and doesn't get annoying. Different music is used in different scenes and fits well. Brighter scene, brighter music; Darker scene, mysterious music.
Atmosphere: Some scenes are bright, some dark, but not too dark, yet mysterious and engaging. Good sound effects; birds singing, fire crackling, rain, etc.
Hint System: Unlimited hints, just have to wait for loading.
Puzzles: Not super easy and not super hard. I did have to look at the walkthrough a few times when I got stumped, but overall could accomplish a lot on my own.
Technical Problems: None for me. Both the demo and full version worked fine on my PC and in full screen display.
Worth $6.99: Totally. Good length of gameplay for the price.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5.

I'll be playing this one again soon. Can't wait for DRAWN II. Glad to see it's coming out in a few months.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 9:07 AM
I installed the demo. When I try to play, I get a black screen with the following error message:

Panic error in file. "\NovaSources\Platforms\Win32\Win32DX8Device.cpp", line 155: Failed to reset D3D device

I have Windows XP Professional and DirectX 9.0. I also tried disabling my antivirus software but that didn't help.

UPDATED: I emailed this technical issue to BFG Customer Support.

posted in Vampireville on Jun 4, 10 6:25 PM
I LOVE this game! This is my kind of interactive hidden object game. Fun! No penalty for clicking everywhere. I liked looking in cabinets, drawers, behind curtains and moving objects around to find other objects. In this game you have a purpose to finding the objects, not just finding them to be crossing them off a list.

Nothing is timed so I could relax and enjoy. Unlimited hints that fill up fairly quick. I found the mini-games to become more challenging as I got further through the chapters (which I like). Brain teasers yes, but nothing where I was getting totally frustrated and beating my head against the wall. The ones I couldn't figure out I skipped. And 24 chapters allows for quite a bit of game play time.

Good graphics and humorous storyline. I loved all the characters and each one is unique. The dialogue can be skipped, although I found it funny and entertaining. These developers like being creative and they have fun with it. And yes, the main character DOES remind me of Keanu Reeves which is OK too.

I paid 6.99 for this game and felt it was well worth the money. It's a fun game!

posted in Liong: The Lost Amulets on May 31, 10 4:27 PM
Another fun game that offers lots of game play. I like the mix of hidden objects and mahjong under the adventure menu, or you can choose to play traditional mahjong also. Plus you get the bonus games (tiling, matching, memory, bingo). As you progress through the levels the games become a little more difficult. This one is fun and definitely a keeper.

posted in The Wizard's Pen on May 31, 10 4:08 PM
I played the trial version and then when I bought it the game started all over again rather than picking up where I left off. But that's okay. I think this is just a nice fun little game. I like the different twist of finding "missing" objects in the scene instead of "hidden" objects. This game is not everyone's cup of tea, but I found it to be a nice change of pace.

posted in Dracula Origin on May 31, 10 10:42 AM
Dracula Origin is the first large file adventure game I have bought and played from BFG. I usually play the hidden object games that have some puzzles and a little adventure mixed in. There is no trial version, but I went ahead and bought this game anyway because I was curious, and mostly, because I like Dracula stuff.

I found the graphics in the scenes to be exceptional. This is a beautiful game to look at and a lot of work went into it. The storyline is good and keeps you wanting to go further. A brief tutorial at the beginning of the game would have been nice to show how the inventory worked, exiting to the main menu, saving the game, etc. Somewhere in this forum I came across the tip to hit the space bar when first entering a scene to show all the "hotspots", and hitting the Escape key to get back to the main menu. These tips were extremely helpful throughout the game. I found most of the puzzles to be very difficult and kept going back to the walkthroughs and this forum to help me finish the game.

Overall, I like this game and enjoyed playing it. It's worth the money and gives you many hours of game play. I will definitely play it again. Happy gaming.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator