Posts created by pgillenw

posted in Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition on Sep 14, 14 12:33 AM
Downloaded even though I am tired of fantasy games -- it seemed worth trying due to sell. Wow! Performance issue stopped me from even playing the demo.

What I did see briefly the development team looks as though they put a lot of effort in to graphics -- performance well suspect the team must have had systems that over matched my own.

Please folks try the game for yourselves.

posted in Maestro: Dark Talent Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 14 12:11 AM
I was a bit disappointed that the game was indeed short I finished it in 1 days time and my game play was interrupted with other daily activities. The game gave me no real challenge. I did not use the map. I never had to open the SG.

posted in Loot Hunter: The Most Unbelievable Pirate Story on Sep 8, 14 12:01 PM
Best left to younger players.

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition on Sep 6, 14 2:08 PM
Not to bad of a game.

The game did have its programming issues. Good QA would have brought this to light.

I must admit that although i did like the game I am tired of the themes of such games. Just how many games based on rituals must we endure?

Time for development teams to become more creative with the story. Take a look at Dire Grove and 13th Skull as examples.

posted in Entwined: The Perfect Murder on Sep 3, 14 9:56 PM
When I downloaded the exe and tried to open/run the game informed me that I had to contact the developer for a version that would run on my system. I was informed to determine if I had a 32-bit or 64 bit system. I have a 64 bit system and all 32 bit applications should run don't you think?

I bought and then completed the game. The game had rough areas. The rough spots did no inhibit me from going forward. With a little more testing of the game before release I am convinced the nits would have been taken care of, at least one would hope that to be the case.

The game was chocked full of a variety of things to do -- some it was a guess until one either took a hint or frantically resorted to mouse clicks.

The puzzles were a mixed bag of easy, boring and more difficult -- skip was an option except for the boring apothecary which may or may not have been a puzzle. No matter it was b-o-r-ing.

The strategy guide I felt was lame.

The map was helpful although I believe its presentation good have been better.

Now the story was not bad -- here I think a journal may have added to the game instead of a lot of ghosts talking.

While I liked the ghost dog some of the tasks he had to perform a dog good never jump in real life that high. I also did not like that the game made it way to simple to know when to call him in to play.

posted in Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment on Aug 29, 14 3:15 PM
This is another example of the types of games that we are bombarded with these days.
Is not there just one development team possessing creativity other than that of this game?

Now with that said those who have not played a ton of this type of game may find this game enjoyable. It is not a difficult game.

I am always fond of Mystery Trackers. I love Elf. Good work.

posted in PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 14 1:03 PM
I have held hope for another PuppetShow game for quite some time.. I was excited when I checked tomorrows games and there it was. I made the mistake in thinking it must be all that I would expect of a PuppetShow game. I was disappointed. Oh the game had great graphics, some clever features but those did not overcome the expectations that I held.

I bought the game right away and though disappointed I did play the entire game. I chose not to play the bonus game because I was so bored.

Folks who are new to HOG's may find this a good game. The game was way to helpful.

posted in Les Misérables: Jean Valjean on Aug 13, 14 4:32 PM
It would be great if this game was redesigned by developers to bring it up-to -date with design features we member players of hidden object have come to enjoy. There exist a great opportunity that this could be a good game. I will pass for now -- in its current style it drove me crazy to attempt to play the demo.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 12, 14 2:59 PM
Although the stone feather problem caused me to have to restart the game and play once again from the beginning -- I enjoyed the game. The extra play was worth the CE version.

I see that there is a new release today.

I do recommend this game.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 11, 14 5:23 PM
jazzygirl1006 wrote:When you go in the room with the bear on the floor lift the flap before picking up the puzzle piece or you will miss the stone feather. It will not let you go back and get it.

Now personally that I would call a big bad bug. I have not decided if I want to play the game from the beginning just in an attempt to see if I can secure the darn feather or ask for my money back.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle on Aug 11, 14 4:51 PM
I already owned the CE version. Decided to replay. I felt the game was clever. I played the demo of the SE and after doing so loaded my CE version. The CE version has more bells and whistles.

The game may seem challenging to some -- stick with it.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 9, 14 10:47 PM
karonpatricia wrote:i am also having the same problem with finding the stone feather. I have been in and out of the room and even tried using the hint button, but even that doesn't work. The SG tells me to look under/move the bear skin but this doesn't happen. Was really enjoying the game now cant go any further. looks like another wasted purchase...

I see no way to nab a stone feather -- bear skin gave me at one point puzzle piece -- no stone feather there.

Hint no longer hints.

posted in Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time on Aug 8, 14 2:04 PM
I do wish BF would at least tell is something like 'the long awaited standard version final;y here". Would save those of us who were stupid enough to purchase the CE earlier a lot of trouble. If my memory is correct this was a pretty good game. The strategy guide not necessary especially since the walk through is available for free and easily searchable with the browser.

I think for those of us hungry for new HO games the CE versions are looking less and less inviting.

I did enjoy the game. It was not in the category of a blockbuster however I found it entertaining. Lot's to do and stretched my old brain where to then use an item. I take pride in finding morphing objects but I didn't rack up impressive finds.

The dwarf critter was a nice touch. I liked him. The games length was short and that includes playing the bonus chapter. That is not a big deal.

I found the game suited for young girls. I do believe they would enjoy the fantasy and artwork. I played the free play and found it was not a difficult game.

Now with that said being an adult who has truly enjoyed the classic games of Dire Grove, 13th Skull, the Ravenshearst series I find myself these days going through my purchases and replaying all games I enjoyed in the past. These games were not easy, they challenged one to think. I just played Escape from Ravenshearst and found the game challenged me and parts had scenes that amused and with a tad of disgusting things one had to perform.

Its ok with me that BF offers a wide range of games to attract various age groups but it is time to present us with a block buster for older, experienced players that entertains, scares or scenes that even have disgusting feature.

In Escape from Ravenshearst Mama and the maternity ward was hillarously disgusting. 13th Skull well fixing a take out for Cooter the same.

Dire Grove was shall I say a sophisticated game.

I am tired of fantasy games of the variety as this one.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jul 29, 14 4:16 PM
Clear that you wanted to give us the kitchen sink full of dishes. How sad to have an Edgar Allen Poe Mystery with so much gunk.

I am not fooling around with this game.

How sad. BTW this is not a new game, right?

posted in Fright on Jul 27, 14 1:36 PM
I enjoyed this game some time ago.

This really can not be said as BF stated "From Lesta, creators of the Nightmare Realm series, comes a terrifying new thriller!" I had purchased the collectors edition already so in the true sense not new.

I wish that BF would automatically inform the member "you own the game already" be it a standard or collection version.

Therefore I have concluded the game is not new for members who have purchased the game.

posted in Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 14 1:28 PM
The constant voice of the father's instead of a message displayed at the top of the screen to inform when you have tried to use an object where it was impossible drove me bonkers. I ended up abandoning the game. The game really had very little redeeming qualities.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator