Posts created by Micha1234

posted in Danse Macabre: Florentine Elegy Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 17 9:29 AM
My trial was not particularly long, just about 40 minutes and I really don't know if I should get this or not.
I found the game somewhat tedious and slow and the fact that the SG shows only 1 chapter and no other indication as to how long this game is (how many more chapters) makes me really hesitant.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 17 4:36 PM
JudyLou51 wrote:Any chance this will be coming out in a regular version other than the collector's edition?

Usually it takes about a month for the SE to come out. hth

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 17 3:12 PM
didersham wrote:I noticed there is only enough room for 5 inventory items while I was playing the demo. Does it expand for more items or do you literally only have enough room for 5 inventory items?

as well as I remember (which doesn't mean much ) you will have arrows on both sides.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 17 9:22 AM
Lo and behold....they do still make games where I actually watch all the cut scenes and don't just skip those and the dialog as fast as possible.

I found the graphics pretty good, though, as some have mentioned before, some are pretty dark and those scenes would really have benefited from some more light.
Except for a few times this made finding the collectibles and morphing objects not too difficult for me.

The HOS were o.k., this game is quite puzzle heavy and most of those have more than one level. My one serious problem with those were the instructions. I found a lot of them quite confusing and had to either guess or consult the SG to figure out what I was supposed to do. And....surprise!!!....I only skipped a few. On the other hand, I actually liked that the puzzles weren't as easy as they are most of the time these days. I did have to stop and think.

I wish they had more things to do in each scene, most of the time there were only a few things and you moved on.

The map.....I do agree with the other fishies that the bars in the map were a silly idea. Some other signs would have been way more beneficial. And like kgustavson mentioned, the map was limpy in accuracy.

Can't say anything about the VO since I always play with those turned off, and the music really low.

This was the first time in a long time that I got over an hour out of a demo.

I think this game was some game credits well spent.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 17 6:08 AM
WilJul wrote:
fourgrnflds wrote:Hi. I just started game. I'm stuck early. Is there a walkthrough coming soon? The guide does not help me. I am just not seeing the next step in a puzzle???
Hi fourgrnflds! The walkthrough most likely won't come out until the standard edition of the game comes out. In the meantime you can try asking here in the forum about the part in which you're stuck. The fishies here can be mighty helpful. Good luck!

Unfortunately the walkthrough for the game will just be the strategy guide from the game without the bonus chapter. So I don't think it will make much of a difference.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 7:34 AM
fourgrnflds wrote:I just started MCF The Black Veil. That is not the game I received...It's about a mysterious aging process that's going on. Allison from Dire grove is in it...I'm looking for a walkthrough. Thx.

That IS the game. Since this is a CE there's a guide included. Check on the right side of your screen under the hint button.
I have yet to see how this fits into the other MCF games though.....

posted in Bestseller: Curse of the Golden Owl on Feb 20, 17 9:52 AM
I guess you two got further than I did. I got to the timed level and after repeatedly trying I took the door. I don't do time, especially if it is that short.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Night Terrors Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 17 6:26 AM
A couple minutes in and my screen went black. Had to do a hard shut down. This was the last ERS game I've bothered trying.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 17 8:48 AM
Can't finish the hop with the gems either. Same problem as the other players.

I'm not holding my breath for a fix......games are rarely fixed these days.

I'm in chapter 6. I didn't get the cupboard handle from the mannequin's mouth so now I'm completely stuck. Can't do anything else. The hint button points to the head but the window that was there does not open anymore.
So both CEs this week have glitches for me (and on the other one I'm not the only one with that problem....). Last time I'll buy a game on the day it comes out.

Win 7 64 bit.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 17 7:48 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I also found the skip button didn't work. However I went back into the options for the custom mode I'd chosen; I had set the time to 30 seconds but hadn't checked the box to actually select the skip (or hint) option. They are both unchecked by default, at least in the custom mode. If you don't select them, neither the hint or skip buttons will work!

Hope this helps

I also play in custom mode. I rechecked my settings and my hint and skip were checked by default. The hint button works fine, the skip button is dead in the water.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 17 6:37 AM
My skip button did not work at all no matter how long I waited. And there is also a missing solution for the "Easy" mini game with the mirror.

Playing Win7 64 bit.

posted in Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition on Jan 21, 17 6:22 AM
Count me in on that black screen, have cursor and music and that's it.

Running Win 7 64 bit.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 7 on Dec 20, 16 8:38 AM
I'm with Valdy on the puzzles, they get rather boring very quickly. Was also surprised how short the game is.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 10, 16 7:27 AM
katycoogan wrote:Why is it, when I uncheck the "Task" button in the Custom mode, that I still have the tasks pop up constantly? I am informed when I accomplish a task and then what task is next. I KNOW what I have done and will figure out what I need to do next. What is the purpose of the task button option? The pop ups drive me insane!

Kate

yes, could do without that, too.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 10, 16 6:59 AM
So, which way do I slide that sucker for it to work????? Tried both sides and it isn't charging. And yes, the little skip square is marked. Why is there no indicator on that slider which way to go????? First time I've seen this overlooked.

littlemom4 wrote:Opens with black screen. Playing on PC Windows 7 64 bit

The game opened incredibly slow for me, and played pretty slow, too.......and then I got a black screen, too, and had to do a hard shut down........which is an automatic delete for me. Win 7, 64 bit here, too.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 16 3:16 PM
Did you check the SG?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 16 3:14 PM
As far as I remember I clicked on the dial and had to use the mouse to get it to the right points on the dial. Not working for you?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 16 9:17 AM
I'm a fence sitter, too. Maybe I'm just not in the right frame of mind...... I always skip through cut scenes and chatter and turn the voices off completely. just doesn't interest me whatsoever.
I found the instructions for the mini games highly confusing so there was a lot of skipping going on, I don't remember anything about the music, the graphics are good although quite dark sometimes for my taste.
I just ended up playing the game by hitting the hint button to see where it got me so I have enough time left to play the demo again another time......I just don't see myself buying this game unless there's a good sale and I'm desperate.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator