Posts created by XtreemNorth

posted in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle on Feb 14, 12 11:02 AM
cbtx wrote:Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day to Valdy, Lisa, Lily, C-Gran, gmac1007, and all fishies. (and everyone at BFG)
I am in agreement with all of you. I was afraid it was going to be like that Shakespeare game from a while back, but--------
The game is excellent. I can't really add much of anything to what has already been said except that this game gets back to the premise of simply being FUN.
The scenes are all very beautifully done, and I really like the idea of their being objectives within objectives----complete a HOS, and there are still objects to find to complete the task. Different, and fun.
The HOS all have objects of relevance to the story----no footballs, cameras, etc, to find.
The only complaint I would have is that like Lisa, I thought the cursor was a little sluggish. But for a nice game like this I can ignore that.
I was also impressed with the variety of the scenes----from a creepy dungeon to a dress shop, etc.
I think everyone should at least take advantage of the trial----games like this are getting harder and harder to find.
A nice Valentine's Day game. (and a sale!)
Enjoy, everyone!

ed-spelling

I agree with cbtx, I really like this game, I like almost all games, hog's are my favorite, and now time managements. I love the scenes in this game and a nice variety of things to do. It's very well worth the price.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light on Feb 12, 12 5:31 PM
judyglenning wrote:Thank you Big Fish, 2 great TGT's in a row. I've been around since the days when HOGs were just that, no adventure-and those traditional "junk piles" are a favorite of mine. The first 2 letters of HOG stand for hidden object. Why does it surprise so many people when they discover they may actually have to look a little bit for the stuff in the scenes?
It's getting rarer all the time to find a HOPA with scenes that don't scream "here I am" for each object you have to look for and I appreciate it when I find one that makes you hunt.
As far as the story line is concerned, it matters very little. If I want a good story, I'll grab a book.
For me these games are all about discovery and this one's got plenty to discover.
Thanks again BF.

Your comment was well said. I love hidden object games, and as far as I am concerned this game is not boring, I'm not expecting anything to jump out at me. I like looking and searching for things and geeze the scenes in this game are beatiful. Old shipwreck, lighthouse, beach, I love the looks of it. It's easy playing, nice way to relax and enjoy my late afternoon. I'm with you also about the story line, I don't approach these games expecting a good story, I expect a game to play. Most of the time if they do have voice overs I turn them down, not really interested in listening to them. This game does have discovery, and I recommend this game.

spiritdog51 wrote:
roxiestar74 wrote:I really enjoyed the first game in this series, I especially liked the retro vibe (it took place during World War 1 or 2, can't remember which) and had an original story which reminded me of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie, which is a genre I love. Based on the comments and reviews I have read, this game sounds less unique story-wise, and the game play doesn't sound very exciting either. I am wondering if I should even bother taking the time to download it. Perhaps I will wait for SE before I do. It is disappointing to hear that this game isn't as good as the first one, especially since this series seemed to have a lot of promise.

Well I hope you will try it, I found it great! And I hated the war one, old hippie, and old dad in WWII too.

I found this was really good.

I agree with Spiritdog51, at least try it. Don't let someone else's opinion decide for you. There isn't one game out there that someone hasn't liked. Never have I read all positive reviews. As for me on this one, I really like it, I'm happy to have a game I enjoy. Decide for yourself.

I dont' understand about the comments referring to sparkles, I don't have any! I played the demo and immediatly bought it, can't wait for the se to come out. These are my favorite games and I love this one. This game has everything I love, graphics especialy are appealing to look at. It doesn't hold my hand in any way, again I dont' have sparkles havent even seen one. It's challenging to me. I've been having withdrawls lately for a game like this to come out. Hat's off to the devs, so far so good, and I can't wait for the game to download.

posted in City of Secrets on Feb 8, 12 2:47 PM

Walkthroughs are always good, a good game can be ruined by an impossibly hard puzzle. and the reason I love adventure games is because they feel like interactive movies. You're right there in the plot, solving puzzles and talking to other characters as the plot unfolds. A good adventure game makes you care about the characters as you would in a good movie. That's why I love them.

Thats what I will do is follow the walkthrough, take my time and like you said, get to know the characters etc. I really do want to enjoy these games. thanks for advise

posted in City of Secrets on Feb 8, 12 1:50 PM
I really want to give this game a fair chance, however, I don't know how to play adventure games without getting frustrated. Seriously I want to like it. I own siberia and a few others and I just get lost. Maybe I am to impatient, well I know I am, but I find myself going around in circles and not gaining. Whats the secret to enjoy these games? Patience, clicking on everything around you? Those who love adventure games, tell me why, I want to know what I am missing or not doing so I can enjoy them. I'm playing royal envoy 2 and love it, so changes and variety is good for me. I am open to any tips and tricks to allow me to play and like adventure games, right now I hate them but its because I dont' know what i'm doing.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Feb 4, 12 9:29 AM
Your a doll, thank you so very much. Beings I was able to demolish everything I figured I had enough workers. Now I can move on (until the next level) thanks again, I sure enjoy this game.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Feb 3, 12 4:25 PM
I hope someone can help me. I demolished the 3 fountains, I have dug up all the snow piles, but it will not let me repair any of the houses. I dont' see what else I can do. Any suggestions??? looking forward to hearing from someone. Boy I hope its not a glitch.

Sheerija wrote:I
I am totally in love with it. It's like a 5 course meal at a high end restaurant - rich, filling and totally satisfying. Nowhere in sight is that "rip-off" feeling I sometimes get on finishing a CE.

Now thats funny, great way to describe a game you enjoy. I to am satisfied with it, having just finished the appetizer, I had to buy it.
I love it, the devs did a fantastic job putting this game together. Scenes are beautiful and I'm actualy able to complete the puzzels so far. I really like the size of the hidden objects. The last game I bought, (houdini) was fun, but almost had to smash my face against the screen to find the hidden objects, so this is great on the eyes. Well I'm off to go finish my five course meal and will enjoy every bite.
This game is a *****

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Feb 1, 12 9:48 AM
Excellent, I will go give it a try, thankyou so much.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 31, 12 7:41 PM
I managed to get this far, however I am stuck on this level. I've looked at the walkthrough a few times, I dont get it, its says you already have a market in place so this helps you out. I dont have a market. I dug up the gold until I had enough to buy a market, then after I had enough food I paid that guy off and dug up the rest of gold. I built a sawmill. Here's what I did a few different ways, I built cabins, then I built chalets. I tried everything, but never had enough to build a fountain.

Did anyone have a market in place before they started the game? Any tips on how I can advance will surely be needed. I have no choice except to continue replaying. Thankyou.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 31, 12 11:47 AM
jackelfish wrote:Click on the rink and the square will tell you that you need 10 workers.

thankyou, I must of clicked in the wrong area, i'm off to go play thanks to you.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 30, 12 11:36 PM
Anyway I do have a question, in the review section, I think page 4 and 5, whats with all the **************** line after line, and for some reason, the margins are realy screwy, is that my computer doing that?

(just got answered)

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 30, 12 11:32 PM
My only complaint is the game ended. It really captured my interest. I know very little about Houdini, I am assuming he was really messed up into spiritualism.

Anyway I do have a question, in the review section, I think page 4 and 5, whats with all the **************** line after line, and for some reason, the margins are realy screwy, is that my computer doing that?

I enjoyed this game so much I went back to play Salem witch trials again, and plan on playing the rest again, see if I can find all the clovers, its just good fun.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 30, 12 11:15 AM
Gosh, I enjoy this game, love being challenged against time, however, my frustration is not knowing what I need to succeed. I read the walkthrough and I'm still at a loss. What does it take to build the ice rink? I built a market so they would have plenty of food, I have all buildings repaired. The foresty keeps saying I am out of wood, however I get a few trickles coming in. I'm making some money off my cabins etc. But, what does it take to build it? Its made out of ice, so I am assuming I dont need alot of wood, I have tons of food for the guys, I have money, I even hired 8 workers. Whats the secret? I keep replaying it trying to come up with a new idea. It took me days to get past level 7, the answer is simple, I'm just not getting it.

I appreciate it if anyone can help me. Is it lack of food, more workers, more money? What does it take to get the snowball fight going? thankyou, hope someone is still around playing this game.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 28, 12 6:15 PM
I didn't even bother with the demo this time, I knew it would be a great game. what a variety of things to look for, this is great!

I'm taking my time on this one, well sorta have to, items are a little small and the scenes are on the dark side but it adds to the game.

All in all, this is one of the best games, and I hope they continue this series, totaly awesome, thankyou Big fish.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jan 27, 12 5:05 PM
I read the other comment for level 7. shhheesh nothing is working for me, its wierd. I know i need to repair the buildings, so the first thing I did was get rid of snow piles, and I built a sawmill, I need the wood to repair. So, I did that and was able to make repairs, kept saying to hire workers to get more wood, did that. My problem is I cannot advance any further. I have plenty of wood, wont let me build a cabin so I can't start bringing in money, I cannot hire anymore guys, I cannot use my sawmill because I'm broke and literaly I am stuck not being able to do anything. Once in a while one of those forestry buildings spits out a couple of logs and thats it. I followed the walk through exactly, repaired etc. I followed the advise on here, did my repairs, and I am not able to proceed at all. I even tried to just build a sawmill then hoping I could build a cabin and start bringing in a little money, even tho I had the wood it wouldnt let me. Each time I replay the game I wind up in the same spot and cannot make any advance. Do you think I am doing something wrong or maybe I should download the game again?
I will be sitting here with dull blades, no money, hungry and waiting for an answer.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 1:16 PM
Mimisix wrote:I bought the game and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The hidden object scenes are a challenge, which I love. I couldn't care less about how good or bad the story is, that's why I read a lot of books. I play these games 'cause I like a challenge and I find this one very challenging. The extras to look for are pretty tiny and not easy to find which I also like. I think it sharpens my mind to remember where I need to use the objects I find and that is basically why I play games. I do think the story is slowly progressing and answers will be given.

Did I say I like a challenge?

I so agree with you. In fact when I play a game my mind is so into searching and figuring out what I need to do that I seldom know what the story is about, for me thats the farthest from my mind. I bought this game immeditaly without doing a demo. which is rare but I loved their last games and knew I would enjoy this. when it comes to hidden object scenes my only conerns are, can i find them without squinting my eyes and does the hint button recharge fast. Some people call them junk piles, what ever, the challenge is to find the objects that are hidden. This game is nice for that because they are big enough for me to find. What I like about this game is its smooth playing, I dont have to keep running to the sg for answers. I get frustrated with some games when I am constantly stuck, the more simple the better. Games that are on the darker scarier side grab my attention. If the scenes look good, game playing is smooth, hidden objects are easy to find and plenty of adventure, I'm sold! If the game has these positives in it, I'm a happy camper. If I dont' like it, I;m not gonna pick it apart. If you are a hidden object player and love adventure this game has it. I am deeply grateful we are given computer games to play. I dont talk about my personal life, but i have to say, going thru cancer and becoming disabled these games bring me hours of pleasure that I normaly wouldn't have. Thankyou to this developer for making truly enjoyable games to play and to big fish for offering all of us a nice variety. I'm off to go play.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 10:23 AM
I have been standing by waiting patiently for this game to come out. I bought it immeditaly and cant wait to play it. These are my types of game, all I can say is I love love love love it.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 12 12:15 PM
ooops

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator